Bank Australia

Bank Australia (page 3 of 45)

Online, Branches

4.3

Setting up a business account at Fitzroy branch

We recently opened a business account with Bank Australia - Daniel at the Fitzroy branch provided us with excellent in person service, and his communication on email was prompt and friendly. Bank Australia feels like it is run by a community of people, not computer generated scripts.

Karen Drummond

Karen DrummondCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Online Lending , 2nd home purchase

Been with Bank Australia for over 10 years , always professional and extremely helpful. In particular Holly Crowe in lending. I believe that Holly went above and beyond to help us .

Shelley

ShelleyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Service out of this world

My second home loan with Bank Australia and banked my adult life with him and The professionalism and knowledge of product was outstanding in a very trying time having no face to face contact.

Kath Hicks

Kath HicksCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent service kept me informed every step of the way

I recently applied for a bridging loan with Bank Australia and again, found they provided me with an excellent service. I have been a member of Bank Australia since 1987 when I joined the then CSIRO Credit Union. I have had several mortgages, bank accounts, credit cards, overdraft facilities and lines of credit. That credit union has grown into a much bigger organisation but they are still providing a wonderful, personalised service. I highly recommend Bank Australia to potential customers.

Great personalised service

Really happy with the help from Brad to move my mortgage over from a big bank to Bank Australia. Brad kept me informed through the whole process and was very friendly!

I've only recently moved all my banking over to BankAust, and have to say i've been impressed with the service and help. Had to visit their Sydney office to get a form signed in person, and they were warm, welcoming and even offered me a coffee while I waited. You definitely are not treated like a number.

I'm recommending BankAust to my friends.

Phil LGippsland, VIC

Beware, new customers get better rate than existing customers

Staff were great with processing the loan by phone and I was happy with the advertised competitive rate when I first got my mortgage in 2018. The offical rate dropped and the new customers got a new rate but existing customers missed out on the full rate drop and had a compromised rate. It has stayed this way this year, always a gap between what the public advertised rate is and the rate for the existing customers.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Phil. Thanks for your feedback, we've sent this back to our Lending team for consideration. Would you like to DM us with your contact details? We can organise one of our team to get in touch and explain why this is the case. - Bank Australia team

Bank A.Bank Australia

Morwell branche is the best

Morwell have Great customer service and very helpful staff and hope they stay to help the community in future development and all the workers work very hard in there each time I have walked in there

Isabella U.

Isabella U.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Bank

I just opened an account with them and love them already, I seen the all the reviews before I decided joining, to ensure it was the right fit for me and it was. The reviews are CORRECT! Thank you! Super easy and can trust them completely as customer service is excellent! (:

Alex

AlexQueensland

Happy Customer

I've been a Bank Australia customer for around 5 years now, and have always had positive experiences. Decided to arrange my first mortgage through the bank, and found the staff at the West End branch very helpful - special thanks to Steph from Queensland Lending, who was always knowledgeable and friendly when helping me apply for the home loan!

Alexandra D.

Alexandra D.Central Queensland, QLD

A bank that goes above and beyond for you

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect and friendly service.

I recently opened an account in the branch in Brisbane and it was a lovely experience. The attendant who was a little older like myself was lovely and friendly and ran me through everything I needed and how to access what I wanted online. No feeling embarrassed for an over 50-not quite-tech-genius. I felt a pleasant sense of security of doing something in house with help rather than online. I highly recommend this for any one that would like some assistance or are just pine-ing for a traditional service.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

So far so good

Have started off with an investment home loan query. Took them only 3 business days for conditional approval whereas I am still waiting after 5 weeks with Westpac. Submission of docs made easy via their online tool. Been a good experience so far. Attractive rates too.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Friendly service, attentive with great products

My partner and I have been with Bank Australia for a few years now and have always found them to be easy to deal with, and responsive to any requests. Recently we reached out to enquire about a loan to renovate our property, and the representative (Rose Ieraci) couldn't have been more helpful.
Very happy customers!

Liam Fox

Liam FoxAustralian Capital Territory

Amazing Service

We were drawn to Bank Australia for our home loan because of the banks sustainability credentials, but the amazing customer service and very competitive rates were a great bonus. We were guided through the process by Brad from the Canberra branch who was super helpful and always available to answer our questions as well as proactively following up at each stage of the purchase process. Couldn't recommend Brad and Bank Australia more!

Samuel C.

Samuel C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Outstanding commitment to customer service.

Ive been a member with Bank Australia for close to two years and have always found service efficient and reliable. Im writing this review to shout out to Mariah Foy in particular who handled my recent credit application, and who showed such a remarkable commitment to customer service, with personality and affability, that it warranted an isolated review. Thanks for working so diligently Mariah! It's much appreciated.

Merryn

MerrynAinslie 2602, ACT

Absolutely fantastic service and rates

In looking at a mortgage, it was important for my partner and I to borrow from a bank that aligned with our values - Bank Australia was an obvious choice. However, over and above this, we have found the service offered by the bank to be fantastic. Our lending consultant was knowledgable and responsive, and expertly guided us through the process of obtaining a mortgage. From an ongoing perspective it also makes financial sense, our rate is at least 0.5% lower than others I know with mortgages through the big banks.

I couldn't recommend Bank Australia highly enough.

Bank A.Bank Australia

Dealing with the Morwell branch regarding my mother’s estate has been a sad but grateful experience. The team were efficient and showed empathy. I’d recommend this bank/branch to anyone. Thank you.

Dom

DomSydney, NSW

Great customer service

Great customer service; dealt with Josie during a home loan refinance and she was excellent; very helpful and made the process smooth sailing. Happy to be leaving the big 4 banks to join a bank that doesn't invest in fossil fuels.

Elliott

ElliottHunter Region, NSW

Great experience!

Jade was so professional and personable! Really made the experience easy for new customers to the bank. Would definitely recommend to other people. Thanks so much again Jade for the help you provided!

F Hill

F HillHunter Region, NSW

Jade was fantastic!

Jade Moore – Lending Consultant, was extremely helpful, prompt and knowledgeable. She made our loan application a seamless and easy process. We highly recommend Bank Australia and their professional team for any banking need. We will happily bank with them in future.

S Smith

S Smithasked

Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex

Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex

I can’t answer for the bank - but as a customer I got very personalised service (ie phone calls during the process, regular updates etc).

My bank person said in the final email (settling the loan)there would be a link to review their service, and they’d appreciate any feedback.
It was up to me, no pressure.

Contrast to the other big banks I left (NAB, ANZ) - never once asked for feedback, different person every time I rang and having to repeat my enquiry multiple times.
Their names are so well known that they don’t care about online reviews I’m guessing.

Hi Alex! Great question!

Like Bex said, our lending team do ask their customers to leave a review (good or bad) and some new customers are asked to rate us too. These reviews are real people and we try to respond to every single one, including the ones with feedback on our processes and their experience with us, which is then fed back internally.

We hope that helps and we would love to welcome you as a new customer. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

[Update]

Hi again Alex. We checked in with Marketing and they let us know that some new customers are asked to rate us too. I apologise for the initial error and have edited our original answer. - Sarah from the Bank Australia team

Phil L

The loans are competitive, the bank has good customer service, and when new, it is great. Existing customers not treated as well, when the rate dropped, the gap appears between new and old customers. It was difficult to identify as the rates as different as it is easy to identify new rates and not as easy to find your existing rate. If the bank clears this up, I would recommend this bank to anyone as I don't pay fees and the staff are great.

sam

samasked

Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank Australia

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives