Bank of Melbourne

Bank of Melbourne (page 2 of 14)

Online, Branches

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non-existent customer support

Have recently been approved of a home loan through a broker. Took ages for the loan docs to come through and extended settlement more than 3 times. Tried to call number they provide only to be told It wasnt BOM and got forwarded. Waited for almost half an hour only for the line to be cut off. Avoid at all costs.

imp
impGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Personal banking support staff require training

George
George Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute dead beats, worst service in every aspect.

I will never in my life do business with bank of Melbourne again. My previous home loan with CBA was approved in 3 days. Bank of Melbourne spent over a month and still couldn’t have it done in time to meet my finance clause on my new property. 3 extensions to the finance clause and they couldn’t care less that they’re messing with peoples lives. The final extension was due on Monday, they waited until 3:30 on the Friday beforehand to call and request a closing statement for my previous home loan which will take up to 3 days to get! There isn’t enough space in these columns for me to write down all my complaints just don’t even waste your time. Go literally anywhere else

TopicLoan Application

Ben
Ben

Variable rates that do not drop

Home loan variable rate is 0.5% above what their new customer rate is online. Just get the ring around when asking for them to match that rate. Hoping to pay it of asap so I never have to deal with these charlatans again.

Sogand Ebrahimi
Sogand EbrahimiVictoria

Best experience and best service

We have got 3 loans with bank of Melbourne and always happy with them. never had any problems, recently purchased a house and Benjamin (the lending manager) was really helpful and caring , we had no drama. easy we got the loan, he really did his bets and just wanted say a big thank you to him.
I have been bank of Melbourne customer for years and never had any bad experiences.
very helpful

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Hulaschmula
HulaschmulaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Successful dispute

After being swindled by a company that went into liquidation, Bank Of Melbourne pursued them and remunerated the amount that was owing to me. I cannot thank them enough, amazing due diligence.

michael78perth
michael78perthPerth, WA

Terrible bank, just when you couldn't find the bottom of the barrel BoM is here

Daniel B.
Daniel B.Southwest, VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

I have never dealt with an organisation who just make things up as they go along. I would have sent over 100 documents and emails that where requested over three month period. We missed settlement twice and where fined due to this. The loan was rejected on the second month unless we handed our personal property over to them. We where in too far and where held to ransom to be able to get this over the line. I would strongly stongly recommend to stay far away from this bank. The minute this settles will be the minute I seek another lender.

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Applied for a home loan 3 months ago and they still haven't reviewed the application

We made a deposit on a house and signed a contract. The bank of Melbourne kept delaying our application. has taken them about 3 months to just review the application. everytime we called they said you will hear something from us in 24 hours then weeks past and nothing. We lost the property as well as our deposit due to their incompetencies. Save your money and dignity and do not go with this bank.

John smith
John smith

Bank of melbourn poor service is disgusting.

I am a long time customer of bank of melbourne, ive had enough of the poor service and not being told the facts. Last week i spent half a day just looking for an email address to contact them, after a long phone call they gave me an email address that was incorrect. They just make it too hard to be a customer while while having a bios that all customers are trying to do the wrong thing. Im very dissapointed.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Worst Bank Ever - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Misleading promotions. Call centre staff are useless. Forget to order your credit card for you until you call and wonder why it hasn’t arrived. Closing all accounts ASAP. If I could give them ZERO stars I would....

Scammed

TopicGeneral Transactions
astaria g
astaria gGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So bad it hurts

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

Appalling customer service

Rang 4 times to check on home loan discharge, on hold for 40-60mins each time only to be cut off or rudely be told there is nothing they can do to help.do yourself a favour and steer clear!

Anastasia9
Anastasia9Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bank of Melb/Westpac Worst Bank to deal with

I have been a customer of BOM/Westpac for 6 years w an investment property loan. I was w NAB for 20 yrs prior & switched bc of Mortgage Broker advice.
I've spent many hours on the phone with numerous people over 4 mths to discuss a solution for payments during COVID and no-one seems to know what they are doing. It is the most incompetent bank I've dealt with. Lot's of extra little fees as well.
Try a different bank for your needs. I'll definitely be going back to NAB as I am very unhappy.

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.