Bank of Melbourne

Bank of Melbourne (page 4 of 14)

Online, Branches

Jimmy
JimmyPerth, WA

One of the worst bank i have ever dealt with

Vijay N.
Vijay N.

Non Existent Customer Service

A simple refinance to parent bank Westpac has taken more than 5 months and is still not completed. Even lodging a complaint gets you nothing but lip service. Requested a statement of interest for an another loan that had just been discharged, and was told they can only send them by post or to a branch. 5 - 7 working days. Seriously in this day an age? Most other banks can just email these out immediately.

They are simply not interested. The sheer number of 1 star reviews says it all.

Patrick
PatrickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If i could give no stars i would! Worst bank ever!

Worst bank in the history of Australia! They closed all my accounts without a shadow of an explanation as to why. They sent me 30 notice and tried calling them religiously to ask for an explanation and maybe a review/reversal, no call back at all. Extremely rude and useless! Imagine how hard it is to replace all your direct debits, credits, credit cards etc stripped away just like that without even an explanation or a chance for their decision to be reviewed. After banking with them for 5 years you dont even get a call back. All y'all stay away from this bank!!!

Find out how Bank of Melbourne compares to other Banks

Terrible service, rude and no consistent information

Tonia D.
Tonia D.

Staff so incompetent you couldn’t make it up

Took so long to process my loan that I almost lost my holding deposit. Then I paid off my loan early. Account was removed from my APP so thought all Ok. Now trying to purchase another car but the account was closed incorrectly so they cant provide anything to give to my new lender. It’s been escalated but they tell me it could be weeks to sort out. Thanks for nothing.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quite Possibly the Worst Bank in the World

This bank is so bad it is laughable. They honestly could not stuff up more if they tried. Painfully slow to process anything and when they do, 99.9% of the time it will be full of mistakes. Avoid at all costs and look elsewhere.

Tara
TaraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Zero stars if I could- Worst bank ever, no such thing as customer service at Bank of Melbourne

Salman S.
Salman S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Secure code will never sent to you...

I am banking with BoM for a number of years .. actually this bank is my saving dock.

The biggest problem is when you want to make transaction to a new payee.. they never send you the secure code by any of the two methods (SMS and phone call) they offer. Because I re-ordered secure code, my account was suspended twice. had to go through id verification twice each took 25 mins

This means that I had to pay late payment fees and have no access to my fund when is most needed, absolute unreliableness.

ExNABie
ExNABieMelbourne

Seems like it's getting longer to process transactions to your own different account

It used to be no longer than one business day for BPay . It's now 2-3 business days to process BPay transactions to your own different account with another bank. Covid-19 has definitely affected the productivity on bank employees sadly!
EDIT - I received the credit the next business day itself and thought I should give them the due credit . Had I not been on top of this would have taken 2-3 days for sure

TRad
TRadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fraudulent transactions process

Recently someone fraudulently purchased items using my visa debit card. The bank stated it would be 21 days before i receive an investigation number and then up to 45 days before i would see my money if they deemed it was fraud.
The purchased items were still pending when i stopped the card. I bet it would be different if it was the banks money!!!

Joseph N.Hobart, TAS

Worst credit card application process ever

Joseph N.

Update - A month after cancelling the credit card application the card arrived in the mail. It seems that the only way to get a card from this bank is to cancel your application. I laughed out loud when I opened the envelope.

Unsatisfied customer
Unsatisfied customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wish I could give zero stars!

Terrible customer service, after 3 hours on the phone with them still no closer to resolving our home loan issue. I thought the COVID pause was going to be a helpful solution to those struggling, definitely not if you are with Bank of Melbourne!

Carmine M.
Carmine M.

Bank Of Melbourne Review

Oliver
OliverSydney, NSW

Please avoid

This has to be the worst bank for CC applications in the world.
Please go somewhere else. They will waste hours and hours of your life!!!
I have never been messed about so badly in all my life.
Customer service in non existing!!

Adam K.
Adam K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Credit card application

Cannot emphasise enough how poor Bank of Melbourne has been to work with. I have had loans and credit cards with a range of banks. This is by far the worst bank I have ever associated with. Applied for a credit card mid way into April. It is now the start of June, after 2 phone lengthy calls and an hour wait at a store, I am still no closer to knowing whether I will have my card. Application was filled out correctly, and bank workers haven't been able to explain why it is not coming. I would strongly advise customers away from Bank of Melbourne. I have found ANZ and BankWest to be the best I have been associated with.

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.