Online, Branches

Callum
CallumPerth, WA

Horrible!

Keep taking money out my account when I transfer and do payid. Called them and they disagreed but I have all proof! They then decided to reimburse me the money they took over a period of time! Unbelievable

Hwayoung C.
Hwayoung C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5.41% Homeloan at Bank of Melbourne going to NAB for 2.85%.

5.41% Homeloan at Bank of Melbourne. Refinanced with NAB for 2.85% and now Bank of Melbourne delay discharge for 2 weeks. I am on the phone for 46 min still waiting to speak to someone from Bank of Melbourne

周刊 熊.
周刊 熊.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a good experience at all

Not a good experience at all,1) every time when I transfer money to someone, the screen shot I take always have my balance on it, Which means the other person who receive my payment screen shot will see how much money i have in this account, that should be my privacy, right?? 2) i do online changing my address , the system only allow me to change my offset accounts, instead of all my accounts, if you cannot change all of the accounts, how come you make half changed, so weird.... Wasting my time, when I try to call them, They asked 2 questions, my answer doesn't have problem, but they told me go to the branch to change, as my answer doesn't satisfy them, so disappointed....

Facendo
Facendo

Useless

The bank of melbourne used to be a great bank even up to a few years ago. Now they are horrible. We were told the only way to purchase a new home was to work more and sell our current home first. Despite my wife and i both working and being on very comfortable salaries, and having 60% equity in our current home. We enquired about our affordability anyway and 2 months later we have not heard back. Thankfully we went to see a mortgage broker who was able to meet our needs and we will be switching banks

Kelly S.
Kelly S.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away at all costs

Absolutely just out to rip you off and take your money. Customer service- they couldn’t manage that if it hit them in the face. Stay away at all costs. St George in Burleigh is however wonderful - under the same umbrella, perhaps they need to have the same training.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Fedelta L.
Fedelta L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ffs freaking not happy

went to deposit funds in the atm last night. the buttons on the atm were not working. it ate my card and took the funds. tried to call them only to find they don't have an after-hours number. called today and after 38 minutes on hold listening to justin bieber i hung the hell up. useless bank. they don't give a damn about the customers.

Steve V
Steve VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bank of Melbourne - A blight on westpac's portfolio

lakmini w.
lakmini w.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst bank I have seen entire my life

I am trying to settle my home loan over a month now and still struggling to get it done. BOM has the worst customer service. I have to wait at least 30 minutes to get the line even after they will happily give you a NO UPDATE. Don’t even think to go with BOM it will waste your time and money. They doesn’t care about your needs. You will be helpless. WORST BANK.

TopicLoan Application

Han G.
Han G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Experience with Home Loan Application

They made difficulties to me when processing the fully approval which caused a late settlement and a late settlement fee of $495. And at the time I’m writing this review, they are still holding my first home owner grant which SRO has paid to them 10 days ago! My broker is very diligent and called them hundreds of times every day. But these guys are just very hard to reach to. I would recommend people to avoid this bank if you have other home loan choices.

TopicLoan Application

Dissatisfied
DissatisfiedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank - Bank of Melbourne, St George, Westpac

Dee
DeeSouthwest, VIC

Still waiting 3 weeks after approval

I wish I had seen all these reviews before applying to refinance with the Bank Of Melbourne. I went through a broker and bedazzled by rates & cash bank incentives. The application took 3 months to get approved. They kept asking for the same documents over and over, that I had already provided. Even after approval they were still asking for more documents. It's been over 3 weeks since I had full approval and I have zero idea as to when I will get my money. There has been no communication (expect asking for more documents) as to when settlement might be? Is it too late to find another bank? They are not even worth the one star. It has been quiet stressful and I have had to put my renovation on hold as who only knows when I will get the money?

David G.
David G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very slow service

Very slow processing payments from my bank using b pay to BOM credit card. Made payment March 31st still waiting today April 7th to be processed. Other multiple financial companies can process my payments with in 24 hours. Not good enough BOM . They say payments will always be processed in a timely manner. Never happens.

Milan Stajic
Milan StajicOfficer

Andrew Clarke from BOM Knox. is disgrace

He Avoided my phone calls and emails. I clearly stated if he is busy and he can’t look into it I am happy to take it elsewhere. He assured me it’s going to be fine. I am long term BOM customer been with them from the start. I have multiple loans with them and just wanted to refinance one due to separation. Totally unprofessional and rude person.
Will move all my business to other bank.

Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non-existent customer support

Have recently been approved of a home loan through a broker. Took ages for the loan docs to come through and extended settlement more than 3 times. Tried to call number they provide only to be told It wasnt BOM and got forwarded. Waited for almost half an hour only for the line to be cut off. Avoid at all costs.

imp
impGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Personal banking support staff require training

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.