Online, Branches

CustomerFirst
CustomerFirstGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home Loan process is really bad and error prone

I had refinanced from NAB to Bank of Melbourne since Feb 2020 based on the advice of a NPFS mortgage consultant, the overall loan process then was smooth. However the recent loan application handling has been really shabby and painful where they double deposited the loan amount to me, withdrew it, did not close the previous loan and worse after all the rectification after I had called out they messed up my offset account to normal transaction account thus increase in my repayment fee. Yet there has been no apologies who call from Bank about the trouble, really bad customer experience. I will immediately change the loan once the fixed deposit tenure ends or if other bank can offer better deal.

LukeCollinsMelbourne

Home loan fail

I've been a customer with bank of Melbourne for over 13 years with a homeloan on my first property. Recently tried refinancing another homeloan I had that was with another institution and was rejected because of 14k of HECS my wife and I collectively have. To reject a loan based on 14k of hecs is ridiculous. I will refinance with someone else and will be taking both my loans with me. I have an excellent credit history and an LVR of 65% on loan to be refinanced and 50% LVR on the other. This is poor form and is exactly how you lose customers. Loyalty doesnt mean anything or common sense.

TopicLoan Application
Other Banks

Colly
Colly

Rediculous "automated " email war during Credit Card Application!!

Banks

Find out how Bank of Melbourne compares to other Banks

Nickinya
NickinyaMOOROOLBARK

Unbelievable

Sick of such large fees for bank cheques so asked for personal cheque book. After waiting more then a week was phoned to say it was at a branch 3 hours away where we did once live. Our address had been updated. When book arrived it had named wrong so had to be redone. It also was sent 3 hours away even though I was promised that mistake had been fixed.
Ridiculous having to wait nearly a month for a cheque book because of people not doing there job correctly.
Now hoping no more name mistakes again whenever it arrives.
The bank very happy as I have to pay large fees again for their cheques while I'm being mucked around.

Customer service

Getting back to an existing customer in a timely manner is terrible. Have been waiting 2 weeks for someone to call me back. With me calling every day or emailing everyday. Tried talking to someone else but they advised I had to speak with the original person I spoke with.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Takes forever for transfers/salary to go through!

Still waiting for my payments to go through its 7.47 am & I have to pay rent, not happy this is not the first time my payments have been late with this bank never had any problems like this with other banks. It took forever to open the business account I kept been transfered from one person to another over the phone no one wants to do their job! I WILL definitely be switching banks this is ridiculous had I read the reviews before hand would have never opened an account here.

CRH
CRHMELBOURNE

Pathetic Customer Communicaitons and Service

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.