Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bank of Melbourne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Concerned
ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

F&+&6+g incompetent

Failure. Not concerned about the customers, just the customers money. Lack of communication, lack of appreciation and lack of descent products. Had to contact the ceo through LinkedIn to get things done

No cash back

Don’t expect cash back even after meeting all requirements
It’s over 60 days , I am still ringing to find out about my cash back and no one knows where it is
Terrible bank

Answer the Phone

Aka
Aka

Unauthorised Credit Checks

This is a warning to Bank Of Melbourne customers that this bank will run a credit check without consent i and my wife had 8 credit checks on our file be careful i am taking further action against the bank

TopicGeneral Transactions

Worst bank in the world

Been with this bank way too long, 15 years plus. Only had a credit card with them and have been totally ripped off by them for years. Don't bank with these lowlife

Akhter
AkhterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Helpful support

Support staff reasonably helpful. Went above and beyond explaining the financing options available for loans and term deposit accounts. Took support over the phone but not a bad experience overall.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Matt
Matt

Terrible to deal with.

Straight forward refinance took over 6 months, 7 different assessors reviewed and gave approval only for it to be revoked without warning after all that wasted time.
Went to another bank and they processed the refinance within 1 week.
Disgrace - never again BOM.

TopicLoan Application

Maryam
MaryamBalwyn North

Terrible phone customer service

Our credit card was lost and we have received a new card. They have put a block on card and I had to go to a branch to unblock my account. But credit card itself was still blocked and when I called them I was on hold for 1 hour and 36minutes and no response! It is very disappointing and frustrating to get=t this terrible service from Bank of Melbourne.

Callum
CallumPerth, WA

Horrible!

Keep taking money out my account when I transfer and do payid. Called them and they disagreed but I have all proof! They then decided to reimburse me the money they took over a period of time! Unbelievable

Hwayoung C.
Hwayoung C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5.41% Homeloan at Bank of Melbourne going to NAB for 2.85%.

5.41% Homeloan at Bank of Melbourne. Refinanced with NAB for 2.85% and now Bank of Melbourne delay discharge for 2 weeks. I am on the phone for 46 min still waiting to speak to someone from Bank of Melbourne

周刊 熊.
周刊 熊.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a good experience at all

Not a good experience at all,1) every time when I transfer money to someone, the screen shot I take always have my balance on it, Which means the other person who receive my payment screen shot will see how much money i have in this account, that should be my privacy, right?? 2) i do online changing my address , the system only allow me to change my offset accounts, instead of all my accounts, if you cannot change all of the accounts, how come you make half changed, so weird.... Wasting my time, when I try to call them, They asked 2 questions, my answer doesn't have problem, but they told me go to the branch to change, as my answer doesn't satisfy them, so disappointed....

Facendo
Facendo

Useless

The bank of melbourne used to be a great bank even up to a few years ago. Now they are horrible. We were told the only way to purchase a new home was to work more and sell our current home first. Despite my wife and i both working and being on very comfortable salaries, and having 60% equity in our current home. We enquired about our affordability anyway and 2 months later we have not heard back. Thankfully we went to see a mortgage broker who was able to meet our needs and we will be switching banks

Kelly S.
Kelly S.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away at all costs

Absolutely just out to rip you off and take your money. Customer service- they couldn’t manage that if it hit them in the face. Stay away at all costs. St George in Burleigh is however wonderful - under the same umbrella, perhaps they need to have the same training.

Fedelta L.
Fedelta L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ffs freaking not happy

went to deposit funds in the atm last night. the buttons on the atm were not working. it ate my card and took the funds. tried to call them only to find they don't have an after-hours number. called today and after 38 minutes on hold listening to justin bieber i hung the hell up. useless bank. they don't give a damn about the customers.

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.