Bank of Queensland Online

2 questions from our users

Tina N.

Tina N.asked

Online

I have a bank of Queensland account how long will it take to transfer from my account to say a commwealth bank?

MikeH
MikeH

Assuming you are talking about a savings account (mortgages are much much more difficult to change). You will need to open new CBA accounts. Should be same day for a savings account (if you meet a Manager). Then you need to transfer money from BoQ to CBA ... can do this immediately if you have internet access. Then you are right to close down the B o Q account. :) So, if you have internet access and you can meet a CBA manager, and you are moving a savings account ... all the same day !

john smith
john smith

have you thought about asking the bank

ManagerManasked

Online

I submitted an application on line to open a transaction and linked savings account and apart from an automated email telling me that BOQ will be in touch when it is open after 2 full working days I have heard nothing since. Any other bank does an online identification and account is Immediately functional online. Why can’t BOQ have an account open and functioning yet after 2 working days?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Call them tomorrow morning and ask them. My experience. With their online applications proved very slow. Best to go into a branch and new account applications are active within minutes of personally handing completed forms to a member of staff.

Ash
Ash

BOQ takes forever to get the simplest of tasks done. They also apparently have internal departments that cannot communicate with each other. The only way I have managed to get them to do anything is to ring them multiple times and use extremely strong language until someone decides to do their job.

ManagerMan

Thanks Jeff and Ash. Working full time it has been hard to go into a branch. After calling them I finally received an acknowledgment email yesterday saying my account is now open and they have posted me information on how to access internet banking and also information of my account details (I still don’t know account numbers, BSB etc yet!). They said I should receive that and my card in another 7 to 10 working days.....! (“Trust me, the details/cheque is in the mail!!). How does this bank ever win customers with their appalling service?? I think I will now just walk away and think myself lucky that they demonstrated up front how terrible their service is before I gave them any money. Is it possible to love a bank? Possibly, but not this one.....!!

Other Banks