Bank of Queensland

Bank of Queensland (page 2 of 14)

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (24)
    • New Account (9)
    • Loan Application (8)
    • Business Banking (5)
    • Credit Card Application (2)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (3%) · No (98%)

Boyso

BoysoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

No computer.......Bad Luck

I rang BOQ's 1300 number to ask if they would be lowering Home Loan interest rates after the Reserve Bank lowered rates. I was told yes I would receive all or part thereof the interest rate cut, I then asked when I would receive notification of my new Home Loan rates and was told that BOQ no longer mail out notifications and that I would have to check their "Media" releases online. This is a joke! What if you don't have a computer? The BOQ should remember the little people who are the bread and butter of their business. We used to get monthly account statements, not now and notification letters, come on guys.

Nikki

NikkiWestern Australia

“Customer Care” is the absolute worst!

SusanOz

SusanOzBrisbane

Forcing customers to install an app

One positive thing about BoQ is that they offer some no-fee everyday and savings accounts with visa debit card. However their IT is a disaster: internet banking is badly made, and they force customers to download an app for some transactions. Can't BoQ just send verification sms, like all normal banks? What are people without smartphones supposed to do? Or people who don't want to hand their personal details over to some AppStore just to be able to download the app?

GPC

GPCSydney Surrounds, NSW

GANGSTERS

TopicNew Account

Magoo

MagooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusted

25 years and Staff have Absolutely No PR skills, but then again I suppose they are mearly Puppets, I could pratle on for ever no point time to Move on .

Wati

Wati

Great personal customer service, but, lack of web-based Customer Service software

Maz

MazHunter Region, NSW

Like’s to foreclose as quickly as they can and take all of your assets

deepak y.

deepak y.South East Queensland, QLD

Yes, BOQ has all the reasons to hate the bank

I have been dealing with BOQ since 2012. I give 3 top reasons why I hate this bank and my decision to move to a different bank.

1. Terrible online internet bank. Very behind in technology with internet banking. This makes the business quite inefficient. Example. Transaction history appears weeks later.
2. In competent staff and customer service.
3. As per my recent conversations with BOQ it is quite apparent that the whole sale funding costs are gone down significantly. However the profits gained were not getting reflected in their variable rates. To me this is illegal and I am officially going to complain and put an enquiry.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

My review of BOQ over four years. The worst bank I have ever dealt with.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
shazcam

shazcam

Aust Post Deposits ?????

I do not get time to go into a Branch during business hours as work in an area without a Branch but like to make deposits to my account often, at the Post Office..The couple of times I have been to the Branch over the years, I have found the Customer Service very good in Mornington, Victoria. With Post Office service cancelled I will have to change to another Bank, very disappointing!

TopicGeneral Transactions

This has caused stress beyond words

20yrs 2 of us on the title..last 7yrs just myself paying the loan... 2yrs am unemployed due to my daughter 14 with a mental illness suicide tendencies.
Your hardship polocy is different with who calls you. You also haressment via text and calls.
130,000 left to pay single mum of 2 daughters who's struggling but still paying 99%. You now want my home and leave my 2girls U15 and myself aged 49 with no home
I'm beside myself

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Isabella K.

Isabella K.Darling Downs, QLD

Absolutely useless!

EDW

EDWSydney, NSW

Worst App of any bank I know

This is the worst online app I know in Australia. About the same what we had ten years ago. No pin to login, slowest response you can experience, extremely limited functionality, and bad bad bad user experience overall. Takes days to reflect transfers. Suggest you go to a bank with professional tools, not outdated toys.

Jeffrey

JeffreySouth East Queensland, QLD

3 stars because person to person ok online 18th century

TopicNew Account
Ash

AshHughesdale

The level of incompetency is over 9000!

tinaasb

tinaasbSydney

Pathetic and snail processing speed

If you ever look for home loan, avoid BOQ at all cost.
My partner was looking to refinance from BOQ to another bank, he's been contacting BOQ many times regarding the discharge process, they kept giving promises but never actually doing it. Interest rate is not that competitive comparing to big 4 banks.
If I can give them 0 star, I would.

TopicLoan Application

Levo

LevoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank in terms of service, web/app, interface and clarity of PDS

Ghia

Ghia

Pathetic bank

I have requested to close off account since 2013. I never activated the account. I never used it. No transactions, never used. I Called BOQ customer service. I sent email to customer assistance team. Sent letter to the branch. With all my signature.
Still communicating with me and saying they issued me a debit card in 2019. 6 Years since account has been dormant. New debit card is being issued? How pathetic is that. They can't close off customer account.

J Barrett

J BarrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor service - internet phone / banking that is years behind

Have had multiple loans with this bank for 7 + years, every time there is a rate rise it is above what other banks advertise
Constant battle shopping around to get rates reduced - loyalty is not rewarded
Poor service, hopeless internet banking - no access to interest rates or any information about your loan without calling their 1300 number and a typical 10-20 min wait to speak with someone, no phone pay app and interest rates that are constantly increased above other banks

Doctors, Dentists, Vets BEWARE