BankWest Branches

BankWest Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Treated me terribly when loved one died

I wanted to contact Bankwest Deceased Estate Team after my brother died. For eight months I was told repeatedly that they could not give out the direct phone or email for the Deceased Estate Team. Seriously I spent my life on hold on hands-free with that Awful music belting incessantly and Hyped voice breaking through sporadically. The wait times meant my mobile ran out of charge!
Eventually I stumbled on a Bankwest online booklet "Losing a Loved One" and saw the phone and email are openly available: https://www.bankwest.com.au/content/dam/bankwest/documents/personal/learn/losing-a-loved-one-support-guide.pdf Go figure!
It obviously comes down to really poorly trained staff at all levels. It wasn't just people answering on 131719 who told me the wrong information - a staff member appointed to handle deceased estate matters at one branch, and the acting bank manager at another branch both told me they couldn't give me a direct phone or email to the deceased estate team.
I'm disgusted at the way they treated me. For all those months all I had was a postal address. Towards the end I managed to get someone to give me a fax number. But talk about putting someone through a hard time when they're already having a hard time.

Why the bad reviews?

Not sure why the bad reviews? Ive had good experiences from visiting the branch to using the online chat service to opening up an account. I do agree on some level the online customer service could be improved but nobody perfect and I haven’t had bad dealings. I like the extended branch hours and the staff have been very good there. I even ordered a halo ring which none of the other banks offer.
I think before anybody moves their whole banking over they should just try 1 account like a credit card or savings account. Start small and if things go well consider doing all your banking. One thing I’ve learned is don’t put all your banking eggs in one basket as I like to test the waters so to speak first before considering the “full move” and if things don’t work out I haven’t lost anything other than my time.
Technology wise I do think they are ahead or at least on par with CBA.
Good luck everyone :)

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Poor service! How difficult is it to close an account?

Called up today to close my loan account and was told that I couldn't do it because I did not meet the identification process. Considering that I went through the exact same process when I called earlier on in the week to ask for a payout figure. Surely if someone gives you their drivers license number you would be able to check that up and why did I pass the ID process earlier on in the week and not today? Was told I needed to go into a branch to sort it out. Not feasible Bankwest when you only have one branch in the entire state of QLD and it's in the CBD and I live 40 mins away. Possibly the reason why you've had to close all your branches because you don't care about your customers. Will need to wait for two days to get a call back from a supervisor to sort this out. How hard is it to simply close an account? Is it possible that you just want to keep my account opened so you can keep charging me a monthly loan service fee? Terrible service! Be glad to see the back of them.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Won’t let me speak to a supervisor

I had an issue with one of my transactions and requested to speak to the Supervisor. The operator who said he was a customer service officer couldn’t resolve the matter. He kept saying that there wasn’t any supervisor and the Manager was not available either. He said he would get the Manager to call me back within the day. It’s been 2 days and no call came. They just don’t care. WORST bank to not even have a supervisor to speak to customers. Thumbs down x 10.

They stole $240,000 from me

I have been with the bank since 2009. We are currently in the process of selling a property we have. I has surplus fund in the loan account ( enought to pay out the loan) to minimise interest. I filled in all the paperwork to discharge the loan at settlement, in another 4 weeks if the buyer doesnt have any issues with finance or a building and pest inspection.
But the back decided to close the loan and send the title to the solicitors.
So at the moment they have stolen $240,000 from me. I dont have the money and I dont have a title. When I called they just said we'll give you a call in a few days..
You have just stolen $240,000 from someone. I want a call tomorrow.
Please dont back with them. Time and time again they dont have the ayatema in place to be called a bank. Its just a clown circus there.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Trying to open an account for my daughter

I tried to open an account for my daughter they were aware of her age spoke to 3 ppl in bank waited 2 weeks for card spoke to more ppl waited another 2 weeks no card spoke to another 2 ppl and now I find out she’s to young for a card how is this only being picked up now and not the 7 other ppl I spoke to, huge lack of knowing their own products and what a waste of time

Review TypeNew Account

Can't complain about the service!!! Much!!!!

While I was doing some shopping at North Lakes, I called into the BankWest branch there, looking to apply for one of their credit cards.
Once I finally got to a counter, the assistant told me there would be a wait to see somebody about this, and gave me a time to come back.
Ok! No problem.
On my return, I was told by another assistant, that they had nobody available and to please come back in another 2 hours!
This was not possible for me, so I asked if I could make an appointment for the next day. (Saturday)
After messing around on the computer for an inordinately lengthy time, I was told I had a confirmed appointment Saturday at 11.15.
I made the 25 minute journey in especially for this appointment, only to be told when I got there, that it wasn't in their system, and could I come back in the afternoon.
Sorry! No way! If this pathetic bunch can't even get a simple thing like an appointment right, I am blowed if I am going to trust them with anything to do with money!
Can't complain about the service! There isn't any!!!

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Worst customer service

Having been with bankwest for 7 years, i have found over the past year they have given up completely on caring about customers. From closing all branches to not answering call, and then not allowing my closing of accounts to process constantly for a million terrible reasons that have nothing to do with me. Would not recommend to anyone looking for a new bank to use.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Should stick to being a local Perth bank

Its bad enough that BW are closing more branches than they are opening in Victoria, but my rent was late due to a "public holiday in western australia" which delayed bpay processing. Come on guys, either remain a location WA bank or get serious about offering a national service.