BankWest Business MasterCard Low Rate

BankWest Business MasterCard Low Rate

1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Low Rate & Zero Interest Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bankwest is living in the 1970's

I don't normally write reviews for banks. We know they are all as bad as each other. But Bankwest is so behind the times with their Business accounts, I have to warn others. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH BANKWEST!

I recently had Bankwest CANCEL my Business Mastercard with no notification, no email, no text - because I do all of my business transactions online through invoices, for accounting purposes, and haven't made any VISA transactions with my Mastercard in 12 months. I only discovered this when I when I went to order some printer cartridges online, with my card, and it came back as "Contact the Bank". I contacted Bankwest, they told me my card had been cancelled for non-use, with no notification! Even though my actual account is active with multiple transactions a day!

Simple issue though, right? Just reactivate the card online, right? Wrong. Bankwest told me that the card was actually cancelled and I had to order a new one. But I couldn't order a new card online, I had to go into a branch. And when I did, I had to fill out a whole new 4 page card application. And then send it by FAX to their business team (no email?!), and then post a signed form, with a $1 stamp to Sydney. And they couldn't do this for me in their local branch because they need signatures on the form from all Directors of the business (even though the card only requires 1 signatory). And their "Business Team" is only in the Perth CBD. And then I waited 3 loooong business weeks, after I did all the leg work, for my new card!
Seriously?! In 2019?! Paper forms? Faxes? Stamps? 3 weeks for a replacement Debit Card?!

You work hard enough in your business, you don't need this kind of run around - save yourself the time and energy and give your business to a bank that at least uses basic technology. I have.

Rates and Fees