BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic

BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic (page 2 of 2)

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No annual fee

• Accessible $1,000 minimum credit limit

Cons

• 2.95% foreign transaction fee

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Vonski

HORRENDOUS service!!!! Been trying for MONTHS to get a matter resolved. Keep getting charged late fees even though payments are set up auto and always on time. Cannot get this fixed. This month over $100 of additional fees!!!!! are they kidding me? this is THEIR issue, NOT me not paying my bills. I advise everyone to avoid this bank like the plague! Have to give one star as there is no minus score. Otherwise its a minus 10 from me!

Minimum service, no customer protection, ING & Amex are way better

I agree with the other retiree.

Zero debt,.good credit rating, money in bank, plenty of assets.They kept promising the card would arrive before leaving for OS. Last day still no card and after many calls not even the courtesy of a call to say no deal. Result no card, no service. It,s not "My Bank" and never will be.

Anna
AnnaMelbourne

Uptight Credit Limit but Can't Complain When There's No Annual Fees

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Disgruntled
DisgruntledKINGS BEACH

RETIREES DON'T BOTHER APPLYING

I recently applied and was refused a bankwest mastercard with no reason given (sensitive information). I am a 59 yo self funded retiree of 11 yrs. Like another reviewer holding substantial liquid assets, high levels of superannuation, owning outright 4 properties and an unblemished credit rating one would think a very good credit risk. Apparently better off earning a regular wage and saddled with debt to be considered creditworthy.

JCA
JCA

Biased against retirees

Having recently retired and spending lots of time overseas, I applied for the Bankwest platinum MasterCard as a back up overseas credit card. I own my own house (worth 750k) have a couple of hundred grand in the bank, new car, perfect credit rating etc but what I don't have is an income. I only wanted a 5 or 6 k limit. Not good enough for Bankwest. Ignored all my cash and house value wouldn't give me a card because I had no income. Put up as many roadblocks as they could until I emailed them and said don't bother. Not even the decency for a response. Its as if they believe you are worthless after age 55. Funny, they are not the only bank out there, although they clearly believe they are.

Glenn H
Glenn HAU

No customer service

Applying for a credit card from Bankwest I waited about 3 weeks and checking on the progress twice by phone and once by email I still have no reply. I told the customer service all I wanted to know was yes or no and they promised to get back to me. Two weeks later and still no reply from them. This is disgusting service to someone with a faultless credit history (this should not matter) to just giving me an update. Nil customer service in this case.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Magoo
MagooAdelaide

Atrocious Experience!

BankWest would be the hardest bank in the world to deal with. They absolutely go out of their way to make it too difficult to open up an account with them. The process is onerous, intrusive, and a waste of time. There are better products out there, with Banks that actually WANT your business. I won't ever bother trying to deal with them again, and I suggest you don't either.

MikeG
MikeGSouth West, WA

BankWest red tape

I asked to have my zero MasterCard upgraded to a platinum zero card. Although I'm retired and get a small centrelink pension, I'm relatively wealthy. Unbelievably, BankWest put all kinds of roadblocks in the way to avoid increasing my credit limit from $2000 to a measely $6000. I was not amused especially since I've been a customer for 65 years and I've taken out four mortgages and never missed a payment. Customer loyalty means nothing to BankWest. I told them they can stick their platinum card. I have accounts and credit cards with other banks, none of which have shamefully treated me like BankWest.

Mick
Mick

Bankwest only care about themselves and profit

Careful Consumer
Careful ConsumerBrisbane

Highly Recommend this-Anything to Avoid 28 Degrees MasterCard

I'm comparing my experiences with a previously held product ( being 28 Degrees MasterCard ).
I keep my overseas travel costs on a separate card to the one I use for my Australian life.
This is to protect/minimise fall out from needing to cancel cards due to fraud whilst overseas.
I always pay the full balance owing on an issued statement, at least two business days before the Due Date. Interest Rate % charges are therefore not a concern or factor when I select credit cards. Efficient customer service is one of the leading factors, plus I look for Fee-Free cards. The added attraction with this BankWest card is NO International Transaction/Foreign Currency fees for purchases.

Mathews
MathewsMelbourne

Zero Master Platinum - Excellent card

BaconLover
BaconLoverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BankWest is just a pain in the ares

Unprofessional dealings on the phone. Calls me on the phone from 'private number' and hung up on me a number of times without leaving a message. Not dealing with them ever again! Stay away please.
No Fee, 55 days interest fee period, quick access to customer care
Interest fee is higher those who do not pay off in full can get affected.

BibbityBob
BibbityBobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome credit card for those who pay within the 55 days!

Platinum version is the way to go, no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees (for international purchases, eBay, PC Steam account, etc.), free travel insurance (look into this one, have not used it yet), 55 days interest free.
Never paid a cent in 6 years for anything, I always pay it off via Bpay from my mortgage account 2 days before due date, fantastic!

Harvey Wilson

QQPenguin
QQPenguin

heytherek
heytherek

This has been a very handy credit card to have as I have never once paid a fee with using it. I make sure that my balance is paid at the end of the month without fail. The credit card comes with no annual fees at all and you also benefit from a lengthy 55 day interest free period on anything you purchase. You do really need to ensure you are paying off your monthly balance though to ensure you do not get slugged with any fees.
A great credit card if you are diligent in paying off your monthly balance. A lengthy 55 day interest free period.

Bad

drifand
drifandWA, 6112

Get my name right fellas.

shellfreak
shellfreak

Good

This is an ideal card if you always pay your balance off each month. With no annual fee, and a long interest-free period, you can't go wrong if you manage your money well. It's effectively a free money manager. But if you don't do this, you would be better off getting a card that does charge a fee, with lower interest rates.
No annual fee and a 55 day interest free period. The Gold card has excellent free insurance options. Competitive rewards scheme. Easy online access.
Interest rates are not competitive if you don't pay your balance off each month.

savanna454
savanna454

Good

An excellent card for our needs as we pay off the statement balance in full every month.The interest free days and zero annual fee are therefore a bonus. Had it about 6 months now and so far so good!
No annual fee and up to 55 interest free days. Efficient online access. Helpful staff in the many new east coast branches.
Slow application process (30 days+). There are better interest rates around if you want to 'run' the balance

sofia
sofia

OK

One of the few cards with no annual fee that serves you well
There is no annual-how can you go wrong with this card?? So pay off you debt monthly to avoid interest and this card is GOLD