BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic

BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No annual fee

• Accessible $1,000 minimum credit limit

Cons

• 2.95% foreign transaction fee

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Maximum Credit Limit $25,000
Minimum Income $20,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.95%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 9 months
Balance Transfer Rate 2.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
GAUTAM
GAUTAMMacGregor 2615, ACT

Hopeless!!! Stay away from them

This is the second time when this banks has completely failed in its customer service skills. The first time was a payment made to someone who did not deliver the service that was promised. When I complained, the bank sent me a big questionnaire to fill in which had questions that were next to impossible to be answered. and this time, even during these torrid times, the bank has gone down the track of charging a late payment fee which was delayed by only 1 day. They have lost me as a customer. Will close with the next due payment. Hopeless, greedy, disgusting.

Jennifer
JenniferNew South Wales

No Explanation for decline

After researching Global Credit card reviews, we decided to apply to Bankwest today for a global credit card in an case of an emergency. Have been rejected. With a property valued at $900000 with a mtg under $70k & a small personal loan, with both of us working were rejected. Spoke to 3 Customer Service reps, neither could explain how we didn't qualify for their criteria. I asked to speak to a supervisor, to discuss it, they couldn't or wouldn't talk to us. They want all our information, but, won't give us any in return. Very poor business conduct. Won't be recommending them.

Miriam
MiriamSydney, NSW

Bank West credit card

Rates and Fees
Prashant
PrashantSydney, NSW

terrible bank. terrible card.

This is the worst bank ever. i applied for a higher tiered card then this one. Was instead deceptively given this card instead and not told that it was not the higher one that I applied for. As part of their rigorous application process had to twice go into one of their bank branches and email 6 months of statements. All for wasted effort. Their customer service is terrible too. Takes 20-30m each time you cal them.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

daveys777
daveys777Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was really looking forward to this card

Was looking forward to this card . Unfortunately a few Days after setting up a direct debit with another bank for this card I had an unauthorised transaction on the account with Bankwest in the notation.
Thankfully my bank called me and had it reversed.
After contacting Bankwest they did not think they had a problem and it was my other banks issue , not much help .
I had no choice but to cancel my 1 week old Credit card as in my opinion Bankwest has either made a huge mistake or someone who saw the Direct Debit form I sent has used it or passed it onto a third party for fraudulent use .
Very disappointed that Bankwest won’t own it !

Pjb
PjbCOBURG NORTH

No service. No answers.

Applied for a card on-line and was rejected 60 seconds later. Semi retired owned our house 3 sources of income no loans or outstanding debts. All financial details given. Told didn’t meet lending criteria. Rang to ask why - told this was private info under information privacy laws and would not be disclosed to me!! Went to 28 degrees and was immediately accepted. Poor form BankWest.

Steve
Steve

Terrible customer service, conflicting information and lengthy process

Took 20 days to get a decision. During this 20 days I had to provide 3 months bank statements have my ID verified at branch. First they told me approved when I chased them for update, then I received a call telling me it wasn’t approved. I was told they couldn’t update me on 2 occasions because it was being handled by the ‘back office’ Got approved with virgin in the end, much easier process and took 1 week. Your loss Bankworst!

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020

Vonski

HORRENDOUS service!!!! Been trying for MONTHS to get a matter resolved. Keep getting charged late fees even though payments are set up auto and always on time. Cannot get this fixed. This month over $100 of additional fees!!!!! are they kidding me? this is THEIR issue, NOT me not paying my bills. I advise everyone to avoid this bank like the plague! Have to give one star as there is no minus score. Otherwise its a minus 10 from me!

Minimum service, no customer protection, ING & Amex are way better

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

I agree with the other retiree.

Zero debt,.good credit rating, money in bank, plenty of assets.They kept promising the card would arrive before leaving for OS. Last day still no card and after many calls not even the courtesy of a call to say no deal. Result no card, no service. It,s not "My Bank" and never will be.

Disgruntled
DisgruntledKINGS BEACH

RETIREES DON'T BOTHER APPLYING

I recently applied and was refused a bankwest mastercard with no reason given (sensitive information). I am a 59 yo self funded retiree of 11 yrs. Like another reviewer holding substantial liquid assets, high levels of superannuation, owning outright 4 properties and an unblemished credit rating one would think a very good credit risk. Apparently better off earning a regular wage and saddled with debt to be considered creditworthy.

JCA
JCA

Biased against retirees

Having recently retired and spending lots of time overseas, I applied for the Bankwest platinum MasterCard as a back up overseas credit card. I own my own house (worth 750k) have a couple of hundred grand in the bank, new car, perfect credit rating etc but what I don't have is an income. I only wanted a 5 or 6 k limit. Not good enough for Bankwest. Ignored all my cash and house value wouldn't give me a card because I had no income. Put up as many roadblocks as they could until I emailed them and said don't bother. Not even the decency for a response. Its as if they believe you are worthless after age 55. Funny, they are not the only bank out there, although they clearly believe they are.

Glenn H
Glenn HAU

No customer service

Applying for a credit card from Bankwest I waited about 3 weeks and checking on the progress twice by phone and once by email I still have no reply. I told the customer service all I wanted to know was yes or no and they promised to get back to me. Two weeks later and still no reply from them. This is disgusting service to someone with a faultless credit history (this should not matter) to just giving me an update. Nil customer service in this case.

Magoo
MagooAdelaide

Atrocious Experience!

BankWest would be the hardest bank in the world to deal with. They absolutely go out of their way to make it too difficult to open up an account with them. The process is onerous, intrusive, and a waste of time. There are better products out there, with Banks that actually WANT your business. I won't ever bother trying to deal with them again, and I suggest you don't either.

MikeG
MikeGSouth West, WA

BankWest red tape

I asked to have my zero MasterCard upgraded to a platinum zero card. Although I'm retired and get a small centrelink pension, I'm relatively wealthy. Unbelievably, BankWest put all kinds of roadblocks in the way to avoid increasing my credit limit from $2000 to a measely $6000. I was not amused especially since I've been a customer for 65 years and I've taken out four mortgages and never missed a payment. Customer loyalty means nothing to BankWest. I told them they can stick their platinum card. I have accounts and credit cards with other banks, none of which have shamefully treated me like BankWest.