BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic

BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No annual fee

• Accessible $1,000 minimum credit limit

Cons

• 2.95% foreign transaction fee

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Maximum Credit Limit $25,000
Minimum Income $20,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.95%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 9 months
Balance Transfer Rate 2.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
GAUTAM
GAUTAMMacGregor 2615, ACT

Hopeless!!! Stay away from them

This is the second time when this banks has completely failed in its customer service skills. The first time was a payment made to someone who did not deliver the service that was promised. When I complained, the bank sent me a big questionnaire to fill in which had questions that were next to impossible to be answered. and this time, even during these torrid times, the bank has gone down the track of charging a late payment fee which was delayed by only 1 day. They have lost me as a customer. Will close with the next due payment. Hopeless, greedy, disgusting.

Jennifer
JenniferNew South Wales

No Explanation for decline

After researching Global Credit card reviews, we decided to apply to Bankwest today for a global credit card in an case of an emergency. Have been rejected. With a property valued at $900000 with a mtg under $70k & a small personal loan, with both of us working were rejected. Spoke to 3 Customer Service reps, neither could explain how we didn't qualify for their criteria. I asked to speak to a supervisor, to discuss it, they couldn't or wouldn't talk to us. They want all our information, but, won't give us any in return. Very poor business conduct. Won't be recommending them.

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Decent credit card with no ongoing fees!!!

I've had this credit card as part of my mortgage package. I opted for this one as I didn't want any ongoing fees for using it. I have been using it for couple of years now for both everyday purchases and online shopping and haven't had any issues so far. The customer service is very helpful and trying to resolve any issues you have. All in all I am quite satisfied with this card and would recommend it to anyone.

Hunter
HunterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good card

this card comes with no fees which helps to save normally annual charges of around $200 to $300. Using this card for a while and have no issues so far.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how BankWest Zero MasterCard Classic compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Rustproofhydra
RustproofhydraPerth, WA

Great card with Great benefits

My friend refer this card and its fantabulous. This card only has downside that it cannot give you earn points however the benefit of no fees, no international transaction fees and at par exhange currency rate offset that one downside.
Highly recommended.

BYV
BYVGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero fees and very convenient

Have been using the Bankwest Zero Master Card for long time now. The best thing about the card is there is no annual fees and the online app is also very easy to use. I use the card for my day to day shopping, groceries, online shopping and never had any issue.

GoAhead MakeMyDay
GoAhead MakeMyDaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for overseas travel and purchases

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

Bank West credit card

Rates and Fees
Prashant
PrashantSydney, NSW

terrible bank. terrible card.

This is the worst bank ever. i applied for a higher tiered card then this one. Was instead deceptively given this card instead and not told that it was not the higher one that I applied for. As part of their rigorous application process had to twice go into one of their bank branches and email 6 months of statements. All for wasted effort. Their customer service is terrible too. Takes 20-30m each time you cal them.

daveys777
daveys777Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Was really looking forward to this card

Was looking forward to this card . Unfortunately a few Days after setting up a direct debit with another bank for this card I had an unauthorised transaction on the account with Bankwest in the notation.
Thankfully my bank called me and had it reversed.
After contacting Bankwest they did not think they had a problem and it was my other banks issue , not much help .
I had no choice but to cancel my 1 week old Credit card as in my opinion Bankwest has either made a huge mistake or someone who saw the Direct Debit form I sent has used it or passed it onto a third party for fraudulent use .
Very disappointed that Bankwest won’t own it !

Shaun31
Shaun31Amaroo 2914, ACT

This is perfect, easy to use, no fuss

Easy to use. Alert immediately if there are any unauthorised transactions. Although the card has not been used overseas, I could not see there being any major issue. Long expiry date so you don't have to worry about replacing the card - at time of renewal, a new card is automatically sent to the customer.

Michael
MichaelMontville

Works for me

I have had no problems . It does what it should and I only use it for domestic expenditure and settle it in full at the end of each month so no issues.

Rates and Fees

Pjb
PjbCOBURG NORTH

No service. No answers.

Applied for a card on-line and was rejected 60 seconds later. Semi retired owned our house 3 sources of income no loans or outstanding debts. All financial details given. Told didn’t meet lending criteria. Rang to ask why - told this was private info under information privacy laws and would not be disclosed to me!! Went to 28 degrees and was immediately accepted. Poor form BankWest.

Steve
Steve

Terrible customer service, conflicting information and lengthy process

Took 20 days to get a decision. During this 20 days I had to provide 3 months bank statements have my ID verified at branch. First they told me approved when I chased them for update, then I received a call telling me it wasn’t approved. I was told they couldn’t update me on 2 occasions because it was being handled by the ‘back office’ Got approved with virgin in the end, much easier process and took 1 week. Your loss Bankworst!

Vonski

HORRENDOUS service!!!! Been trying for MONTHS to get a matter resolved. Keep getting charged late fees even though payments are set up auto and always on time. Cannot get this fixed. This month over $100 of additional fees!!!!! are they kidding me? this is THEIR issue, NOT me not paying my bills. I advise everyone to avoid this bank like the plague! Have to give one star as there is no minus score. Otherwise its a minus 10 from me!