Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard (page 2 of 3)

Pros

• $0 Annual Fee

• No Foreign Transaction Fees

• Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance

• 2.99% p.a. on Balance Transfers for the first 9 months

Cons

• No attached rewards program

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
ApplePineapplePen
ApplePineapplePenPerth, WA

Best credit card for overseas use

Pros:
Free travel insurance when air ticket is booked with this card
No annual fee
Best card for overseas use and online purchases in a foreign CURRENCY {NO TRANSACTION FEE AND BEST EXHANGE RATE}
Cons: Nothing to complain as it does not has an annual fee

txb
txbSydney, NSW

Zero fee, perfect for overseas travel

No transaction or exchange fees. BankWest use the MasterCard exchange rate (which come to very close to the real time rate) was my daily use card and saved hundreds in foreign and transaction fees.

Perfect for overseas purchase!

No overseas transactions fee. No annual fee. Perfect for people to shop online overseas. The exchange rate is pretty good and very close to XE real time rate.
Easy to use app to repay overdraft.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

Great for overseas use with no foreign transaction fees

The title says it all, this no-annual-fee card comes with the added bonus that foreign transaction fees are waived. Whenever I travel or shop online from overseas sellers this is my go-to card.
Unfortunately no points/rewards program, so domestically I prefer to use other cards. If you are like me and don't mind choosing a card for a purpose, then having this one is a good idea.

Great for overseas travel

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Brian K.
Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No annual fee + free international travel insurance (updated review)

A_J
A_JPerth, WA

Worth it for the travel insurance alone!

I’ve been unfortunate enough to have to claim travel insurance on two occasions while on holiday overseas, and the complimentary travel insurance on my Zero Platinum MasterCard covered it in full. I was very impressed with the high level of support and compassion I received when calling the helpline when I was unexpectedly hospitalised overseas. On the second occasion, the airline we bought our tickets from went bust, and again, I received excellent support, and received a full compensation on my claim, no questions asked. A brilliant product, in my experience.

Anja
AnjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great card for overseas travel!

This is a great card for overseas travel. There are no ongoing fees and no fees for overseas purchases. I mainly picked it for that reason plus the included overseas travel insurance.

Bibi
BibiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good solid no-frills card but bit outdated...

I got this card a few years for overseas travel. No annual fee and no fees for overseas purchases were exactly what I wanted. However although I have had it for a while now I only ever use it for this, and now it's even my back-up o/s card as many other cards, including my go-to card ,the coles reward mastercard, now offer no transaction fees on overseas purchases. I would say it was good when I got it but others have used there game. It also had no online way of cancelling the card when I lost my purse and the over-the-phone experience was frustrating as all the security check questions related to other 'cards' in my purse such as my drivers licence... Finally got there but a little stressful.

GoAhead MakeMyDay
GoAhead MakeMyDaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy occasional user of this card

I have had this MasterCard by BankWest since 2015 and almost exclusively use it on overseas trips when wanting to access my AUD. I have also used it for the occasional online overseas purchase. The reasons are obvious: This card has none of the usual 'bad boys' fees and charges that 'the other' credit cards have.
I actually got rid of another card as a result of using this card and making some other changes with our banking. One other major advantage is the overseas travel insurance, especially since taking that out separately in Australia is ridiculously expensive.

sailorsam
sailorsamSydney

(sort of ) happy

Had this card for several years.
Good features:
No fees, good for overseas purchases as there is no fee.
Has free travel insurance with a reputable company, but cannot comment as I haven't used it yet.
Always had a good result dealing with Australian Call Centre, very helpful
Main gripes:
have to get statements online or there is a charge
No promotional benefits for existing customers

Traveller52
Traveller52Peel, WA

One of the very best, especially for travellers

Ramona
RamonaSouth West, WA

A must have when travelling overseas!

I used this card for the first time and it was fantastic. No problems at all with no overseas transaction nor annual fees. I highly recommend this card when travelling even if you don't travel much overseas as there is no annual fees to slug you. It is useful for cruises which is what I had it for as no more pending transactions as they hold your money then you pay on top of those transactions at end of holiday but the pending transactions can take 2-4 weeks before they get released. Also perfect when booking hotels for the bond amount jusy do it on credit card. I should have got this card a long time ago!

Sumit
SumitPerth, WA

Only Fantastic for International Transactions

Only great if you use alot in overseas transactions. No Overseas Transaction fees make this card work like treat. Also No annual fees add up to the value. I have never seen any bank giving straight XE rates without even charging any transaction fees. Complimentary travel insurance etc all big bonuses.
Downside: High interest rate and High minimum credit limit ($6k Minm)

Keli
KeliAU

No foreign exchange fees

My experience with this card has been seamless with avoiding overseas foreign exchange fees. I have had it for years and always take it overseas with me, and use it for online overseas purchases without any problems. Initial application was extremely painful as I needed to call them up multiple times to get it finally approved because they wanted to verify my income and there was a big delay, but since approval it has been fine.