Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard (page 3 of 3)

Pros

• $0 Annual Fee

• No Foreign Transaction Fees

• Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance

• 2.99% p.a. on Balance Transfers for the first 9 months

Cons

• No attached rewards program

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
daphnevoon
daphnevoonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for overseas purchase

I always use this card when I travel overseas as there is no foreign currency transaction fee charged and the exchange rate is usually better than currency rate. Also, there is a travel insurance cover if I charge my travel booking to the card but there are some terms and conditions to be complied with in order to enjoy this cover, e.g. the travelling cost charge must be above a certain amount. There isn't reward point program but I am happy with that as I enjoy free annual fee forever. Will keep this card forever!

Aimee
AimeeSydney, NSW

Good backup credit card

I have had this credit card for nearly 2 years and used it overseas without any issues. It is easy and quick to apply. I do not use this card often as I have another credit card with rewards. So this is just for backup or using it overseas as it has no international fee. I use the other card's complimentary travel insurance so cannot comment on this aspect.

Reddel
Reddel

Good back-up travel card

I applied for this card around 7 years ago, as a different brand to my regular credit card used for travel (Visa), primarily in case temporary issues with Visa occur whilst overseas. No annual fee, no fees on overseas transactions. I've had no issues with fraudulent transactions, so I'm unable to report on their response. So far, overall very happy.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Sue S
Sue SRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good, until something goes wrong!

I’ve had this card for a couple of years now. I don’t use it often but recently had a transaction debited to my account which I knew nothing about. I contacted BankWest immediately and my card was cancelled and a new one issued. I have to lodge a declaration stating
that the transaction was foreign to me and after downloading the form, I could not send it to them electronically. I tried for over an hour, following their instructions, but in the end I have had to post. In my opinion, they do not make it easy to meet their requirements. I had to ring twice to get the documentation sent to me. I’m not happy with them and I’m considering closing my accounts.

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A good card if utilised correctly

This card has no annual fee, free travel insurance, and no fees for overseas transactions. It has no rewards but good for going overseas. Just make sure you pay it off each month.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
MJ K
MJ KAdelaide

useless insurance policy

Bankwest platinum card (inc Zero and Breeze Platinum) provides insurance.
But, insurance policy is useless. All CBA group are same. CBA and Bankwest insurance policy don't cover any small electronic device (ipod, mobile phone and tablet). They are so greedy. They added it to general exclusion. I've checked other bank's policy. Most policies cover mobile phone and tablet.
Only all CBA group doesn't cover.

Don't pay for travel arrangement using Bankwest and CBA credit card if you need insurance.

Myles
MylesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No international support - fraudulent transactions.

This credit card offers a great mobile app which allows you to trace all purchases made against your card. Also, the card is free which is just one of the many great perks of this international travel card.

I am currently in America and fraudulent transactions have appeared on my credit card. I have contacted the online customer support team (online chat service on their website) who are only able to provide an Australian telephone number which has toll fees attached to it. Long story short, if your overseas and you have a problem, you’re on your own.

Shane
Shane

No annual Fee, No international transaction fees

I have found this card to be worth having. There is no annual fee and no fees for international transactions so I always use the card if I am travelling overseas. It also comes with free travel insurance but I have never had to try that out. You don't get any points for using the card but I find the advantages outweigh that.

keisha01au
keisha01auVictoria

Rude customer service, then appalling lack of communication

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

RoyK
RoyKSydney, NSW

Unsecure card- rude & hopeless customer service

DKB
DKB

Late fee if you pay on time

geoff.mayhew
geoff.mayhewSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of only two cards that suit overseas travellers.

Andyrock81Rockhampton

Best card for international use

I wanted a credit card that would not charge me a fee on transactions processed overseas (most credit cards apply a 2.5-3% foreign exchange fee, even if the overseas merchant bills the card in AU$. This card has no annual fee and no foreign exchange fee, plus the benefit of complimentary overseas travel insurance. Their call centre is great to deal with, and is located in Australia, with staff that speak clear fluent English. No issues when using several times on a recent trip to Japan and Hong Kong.

Alex