Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Pros

• $0 Annual Fee

• No Foreign Transaction Fees

• Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance

• 2.99% p.a. on Balance Transfers for the first 9 months

Cons

• No attached rewards program

• Online Experience
  • Application Process
Sue S

Sue SRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good, until something goes wrong!

I’ve had this card for a couple of years now. I don’t use it often but recently had a transaction debited to my account which I knew nothing about. I contacted BankWest immediately and my card was cancelled and a new one issued. I have to lodge a declaration stating
that the transaction was foreign to me and after downloading the form, I could not send it to them electronically. I tried for over an hour, following their instructions, but in the end I have had to post. In my opinion, they do not make it easy to meet their requirements. I had to ring twice to get the documentation sent to me. I’m not happy with them and I’m considering closing my accounts.

Online Experience
Myles

MylesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No international support - fraudulent transactions.

This credit card offers a great mobile app which allows you to trace all purchases made against your card. Also, the card is free which is just one of the many great perks of this international travel card.

I am currently in America and fraudulent transactions have appeared on my credit card. I have contacted the online customer support team (online chat service on their website) who are only able to provide an Australian telephone number which has toll fees attached to it. Long story short, if your overseas and you have a problem, you’re on your own.

See all Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard reviews

AS

ASasked

Is this card better than GE Money 28 Degree Mastercard which also offers Zero international transaction fee and Mastercard exchange rates?
My intension to get this credit card is only for online purchases(USD/GBP) and overseas travel.

Andyrock81
Andyrock81

Bankwest customer service/call centre is in Australia, and are easier to deal with than 28 degrees call centre in India. Travel insurance is complimentary too, unlike the 28 degrees card where you have to pay extra for this benefit.