Online, Branches

1.8

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of balance transfer of credit card

I've been with them for over 6 years and did several balance transfers from other credit cards but in the last one they start charging me interest when I thought my balance was all at 0% from a balance transfer.
They argued that I made too many payments outside the billing cicle and it went to that balance transfer so they charge me interest on other purchases
So unless you have nothing to do but checking when is your billing cicle, just don't do any balance transfer because you'll be charged 2% balance transfer fee and you'll end up paying interest like me.
Shifty way to deal with costumers if you ask me.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

The worst and brainless robots

I've been with tgis bank for 15 years and after i expressed my disagreement ONCE about my credit card they sent a letter stating that they are closing my account. What a brainless place.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Disappointing.

I have been with BankWest for over 2 years and have never had an outstanding CC bill. I applied for a CC increase (on a CC with a the lowest limit) and they declined my increase WITHOUT reasoning, twice. I had to chase the bank for all outcomes and was never provided any reason as to why it was declined. Not only have they wasted my time, the handling of this was quite offensive. I have never had a problem with BankWest and likewise, they have never had a problem with me paying off my CC. I am incredibly disappointed in the treatment of the bank and highly unsatisfied as a customer. As a result, I will be cancelling my accounts with BankWest.

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

Backward and Antiquated, how do they survive!

Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Happy Customer ++++

Happy Customer ++++Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling customer service to Self Managed Retiree

Yep, another self funded retiree’s online MasterCard application DECLINED. Attended branch , Midland Gate. Inexperienced staff, unwilling to trouble shoot reason, manager unsupportive of staff and refused to pursue matter above branch. Whilst Bankwest might advertise a good product their policies, processes and staff are costing the organization “bread and butter” customers. Shareholders (individuals just like us) should be appalled by the way Bankwest is treating the hardworking financially secure retiree’s of Australia.

Credit Card Application Denied

Applied for a credit card for overseas travel, was denied. Excellent credit rating, own our own home and investment properties, both on a good income. No reason given, can only assume, reading all the reviews, that because I work part time only this is the reason. Looks like we dodged a bullet - ING offer an account with no international transaction fees which is where we will be going.
* received a letter stating why I was declined - 1. stability of employment - I've only been in my job for 9.5 years (obviously not long enough) and 2. stability of our residence - we've only owned (and lived in) our home for 15 years (again, obviously not long enough).

Poor service gyms

Poor service gymsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Flexibility for Credit Card application

Dont bother applying for a credit card if you don't have a full time regular job. They have no ability to adjust to a the reality of today's people. If you have a casual job or run a sole trader business they are useless. Go to Latitude or Citybank for a credit card. They are much more flexible.

Loawn

Loawn

Don't bother with the credit card application

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
customer

customer

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
mazza

mazzaSydney, NSW

No value for loyal customers

I have been with Bankwest for over 15 years holding multiple accounts with the bank. All I wanted to do recently was increase my card limit and have to go through the entire application process again. I had to 'book in' a consultation to discuss the increase and the customer service advisor was actually not very polite and didnt even care that I said Im changing banks to somewhere who value customers and can actually explain why I have to go through all of this.

dennis o.

dennis o.Perth, WA

Rejected credit card application

Have excellent credit rating. No mortgage. Cars paid for. Good salary. Existing cedit card with other bank. Yet rejected credit card application with Bankwest. Unbelievable over an hour wasted listening to repeated diatribe

Susan Hill

Susan HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank and customer service ever

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still waiting on reason for credit card denial

Branch said foreign income was accepted at application stage.

Then branch phoned 2 weeks later to say it would not be accepted as income and that I would receive a formal letter advising me of the reason for denial.

Five weeks later and still no letter received.

If this is the sort of customer service they provide I am glad I don't bank with them

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
Jsmooth570

Jsmooth570Sydney, NSW

Rubbish Customer Service - these guys deserve to be out of business

Terrible credit card experience

wumpster

wumpsterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service with credit card application

Absolutely awful customer service, you wait less time on the phone for centerlink. I applied for a credit card to use overseas on recommendation of a friend over 10 days ago,and provisionally approved. Provided 2 payslips as requested, fully met the criteria, have heard nothing, phoned 3 times to find out status of progress and got back nothing. I have never waited so long on a credit card application, they are a joke. Seriously do not bother going anywhere near them. There are other options out there. I withdrew my application today.

magik0101