Online, Branches

1.7

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of balance transfer of credit card

I've been with them for over 6 years and did several balance transfers from other credit cards but in the last one they start charging me interest when I thought my balance was all at 0% from a balance transfer.
They argued that I made too many payments outside the billing cicle and it went to that balance transfer so they charge me interest on other purchases
So unless you have nothing to do but checking when is your billing cicle, just don't do any balance transfer because you'll be charged 2% balance transfer fee and you'll end up paying interest like me.
Shifty way to deal with costumers if you ask me.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

The worst and brainless robots

I've been with tgis bank for 15 years and after i expressed my disagreement ONCE about my credit card they sent a letter stating that they are closing my account. What a brainless place.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

worst banking service

I have the worst experience in just opening a bank account. I applied for new small business banking, after my ID verification itself on the 14th day when i called them they said they will escalated my application process and its gonaa take 2 more days same stuff they told me on my previous call. they just made 1 day job to a more than two weeks job.

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Home Loan service and business banking

Our home loan has option for 9 100% offset accounts which is great for saving.
The fact there are minimal branches has never been a problem for us.
Rates have always been good or reasonable and mortgage contracts are written with less catches than competitors.

Business banking has been great, recently got business loan and wanted to leave a review for Ji Jian as he was always easily contactable and went above what was needed to get us a result.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Do not bank here!!!!

MOney transfer impossible

Trying to transfer money from BW to another Aust bank. they have to call you. if you miss the call - bad luck - they call you next day, or maybe the day after that- too bad if the money transfer is important or neede by a certain time. Completley unresponsive to calls. this is what happens when branches close and faceless call centres take over- you have to do all the calling and waiting for no response. Get your money out of this bank as fast as you can ( if you actually get it out).

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst bank by far in Australia

Shocking customer service, only empty promises and they won't even cooperate with the Financial Ombudsman after numerous attempts to resolve the dispute over absurd fees and charges. The bank should be closed down for business.

wwmzd

wwmzd

Rubbish bank

They were advised a month before the settlement date and were asked repeatedly to be prepared. Refinancing was involved and they only notified the other banks less than two weeks before settlement which is not enough time- it caused unnecessary stress because there was a possibility that settlement could not be met which would have cost us thousands.
on top of that they got my details and email wrong so i couldn't even access internet banking

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

poodlegirl

poodlegirlAU

Could be great but is counterintuitive and difficult to use

Dave.64

Dave.64AU

Started to really go downhill

customer

customer

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Unhappy banker

Unhappy bankerSydney, NSW

Closed all their branches and have no interest in serving people and businesses on the east coast. Good bye BW

Hard to get a hold of outside western standard time
CommBank running them into the ground on the east coast with all or there closed branches. You have to go to a post office to deal with them. Also no longer suppling cheques

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

ASIC Registration for opening up a account

I have been trying to open up a business account for 4 weeks and all I am getting from Bankwest the business name has to be open in the name(s) of the individuals I keep telling them log onto the ASIC website and look up the business name and you will see that the two entities are noted including there ABN numbers obviously too difficult to do at there end they keep telling me to go back to ASIC and update the document, ASIC telling me that the document is correct I think the intelligence factor is not quite as high as it once was at Bankwest

Anita

AnitaAlice Springs, NT

Excellent bank personnel and friendly staff

Bank west took on our loan they were the only bank that helped us , always been helpful and friendly now that we are down the road and our business is productive we won’t go anywhere else

Petrod

PetrodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bankwest don’t understand wait customer service is

cheryl

cherylPerth, WA

Wolves in sheep’s clothing

They don’t care about their customers and their latest ad about being there for the farmers stinks after the royal commission found them to be kicking the poor families off their properties with zero compassion

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I would give zero stars if I could

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account
Suzr

SuzrAU

Worst bank ever

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

Closed my account without notification

I was using all my card with be to pay parking and found out all my account were closed. Rang them up but told it was executive decision and got no answer. I went to the bank and found out bw sent the letter to wrong address. 3 days later I received letter from bw stated I made the request to close all my acc. It was frustrating and awful feeling not getting any answer nor explaination. I had a mortgage account with them that is the reason I have these account with credit card facilities. Anyone experiencing same? Any comment?

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal