Online, Branches

1.5

80 series 4x4

80 series 4x4Adelaide

Useless

Can not withdraw anymore than $3K from a teller, there excuse is "for security reason".
We bank with 3 different banks and Bankwest is the only bank that gives us this crap.
Time to close this account down and move our business elsewhere.

Chris D

Chris DPerth, WA

Most disappointing bank ever!

I've been with Bankwest since the 80's and it has now proven to be the least supportive bank of the 3 banks I deal with during this Covid-19 time.
I requested a moratorium on my credit card account as I had to shut my small business down and was only given 2 months of which at the end of, they then demanded that I pay the money I did not pay during the 2 months. So essentially all they did was accumulated my monthly payments during the moratorium!
The whole idea of a moratorium and requesting hardship support is to freeze your account. Very underhanded this was never explained to me at the beginning when I requested help. What's the point of having a moratorium?? My financial situation has not changed??
SHAME ON YOU BANKWEST

Cara

CaraSydney, NSW

WA time limitations

Trying to access the customer service sales department at 9am in sydney is impossible as they only work on WA time.
Surely you can have some people working on Eastern Standard time? It is not always possible to call back in the evenings .

Jenny

JennySouth West, WA

Bullying, Victimised and staff run by Managers

Bankwest Branch Manager/s refused to attend to matters in relation to a deceased estate, customer for decades and accused of having 2 names which they say is illegal - it is NOT

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of balance transfer of credit card

I've been with them for over 6 years and did several balance transfers from other credit cards but in the last one they start charging me interest when I thought my balance was all at 0% from a balance transfer.
They argued that I made too many payments outside the billing cicle and it went to that balance transfer so they charge me interest on other purchases
So unless you have nothing to do but checking when is your billing cicle, just don't do any balance transfer because you'll be charged 2% balance transfer fee and you'll end up paying interest like me.
Shifty way to deal with costumers if you ask me.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions
Steven Roach

Steven RoachPerth, WA

uncaring

Jf1990

Jf1990South East Queensland, QLD

After 10 years you would think they would want to keep you

After 10 years banking with Bankwest for our homeloan, we wanted to review our variable rate after coming off fixed. Not only where they rude, the best they could offer us was a rate higher than advertised. When i pointed this out to them all they could say was that was all they could offer. We have never been late for a payment and their "advertised" rate was still higher than most banks we just thought we would stay loyal. After the conversation of this I went to Macquarie, there hasn't been any issue provided me a great rate with lovely communication. Would never recommend Bankwest again

Credit Card Dispute? Good Luck With That

Lodged a credit card charge back dispute with BankWest. The merchant that I had dealt with kept my money and would not offer a refund, only a partial credit for a product that they couldn't provide. BankWest completely blew me off leaving me holding the bag....great job BankWest, top marks for taking care of your "valued customers". Claimed that Covid and Government regulations prevented them from crediting my account....what a heap lies.
I have been a Bank West customer for nearly 15 years, customer loyalty mean nothing these days.

TopicGeneral Transactions

The worst and brainless robots

I've been with tgis bank for 15 years and after i expressed my disagreement ONCE about my credit card they sent a letter stating that they are closing my account. What a brainless place.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Ciao Telstra !

Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Waste of Oxygen

Absolutely useless Bank ! What else can I say ! BW Internet Banking is a Joke ! Nothing good about this Bank at all ! Hasta La Vista I won't be back B W !

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Home Loan service and business banking

Our home loan has option for 9 100% offset accounts which is great for saving.
The fact there are minimal branches has never been a problem for us.
Rates have always been good or reasonable and mortgage contracts are written with less catches than competitors.

Business banking has been great, recently got business loan and wanted to leave a review for Ji Jian as he was always easily contactable and went above what was needed to get us a result.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
dont bother

dont botherPerth, WA

Couldn’t access my money

During a pandemic of all times, I couldn’t do any online ordering or access my own money, now I have to swap over all my direct debits to another bank but I’m sure it will be worth it.

MOney transfer impossible

Trying to transfer money from BW to another Aust bank. they have to call you. if you miss the call - bad luck - they call you next day, or maybe the day after that- too bad if the money transfer is important or neede by a certain time. Completley unresponsive to calls. this is what happens when branches close and faceless call centres take over- you have to do all the calling and waiting for no response. Get your money out of this bank as fast as you can ( if you actually get it out).

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Jade

Jade

Excellent customer service with good advice

The stuffs never disappoint me every time I walked into the branch. They provide good customer services and give me very useful suggestions. That is something I cannot figure it out myself if I simply go online. The only complaint will be few branches to go to.

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst bank by far in Australia

Shocking customer service, only empty promises and they won't even cooperate with the Financial Ombudsman after numerous attempts to resolve the dispute over absurd fees and charges. The bank should be closed down for business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Bankwest by far is the best Online Bank I ever had out of 8 others

Helpful staffs understanding your situation and honoured as promised.

Will continue bank with Bankwest for as long as they don't turn into one of those larger banks which are less customer focused over time.

Penny pinching fees & Very poor customer service

With Bankwest for about 8 years. Wish I left earlier but only stayed out of convenience . Ridiculous fees regarding my savings account will charge multiple dishonour fees for the same transaction!

julie

juliePerth, WA

Worst bank in Western Australia!

Been with this bank for approximately 15 years.
I have found their customer service to be VERY poor but it seemed too hard to change all my details.
I became thoroughly disillusioned recently when the staff at my local branch couldn't be bothered transferring my savings to a term deposit within their own bank!
Now they are too slow transferring my money out of their bank to another bank.
I look forward to the day I never have to deal with this bank again.