Online, Branches

2.0

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Home Loan service and business banking

Our home loan has option for 9 100% offset accounts which is great for saving.
The fact there are minimal branches has never been a problem for us.
Rates have always been good or reasonable and mortgage contracts are written with less catches than competitors.

Business banking has been great, recently got business loan and wanted to leave a review for Ji Jian as he was always easily contactable and went above what was needed to get us a result.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Banks

Find out how BankWest compares to other Banks

wwmzd

wwmzd

Rubbish bank

They were advised a month before the settlement date and were asked repeatedly to be prepared. Refinancing was involved and they only notified the other banks less than two weeks before settlement which is not enough time- it caused unnecessary stress because there was a possibility that settlement could not be met which would have cost us thousands.
on top of that they got my details and email wrong so i couldn't even access internet banking

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

Avoid Bankwest at all costs.

I have been with Bankwest for 15 years. But now they are trying to get out of the WA property market, they are making the lives of WA property buyers a nightmare. I was told when I got my loan I would get 2 five year interest only periods. Last week I tried to get the second 5 year interest only period. But Bankwest wants me to apply for a whole new loan and through their chosen mortgage broker. Avoid Bankwest at all costs.

customer

customer

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Do not waste your time with BankWest!

Just found out that BankWest has rejected our loan refinancing after stuffing us around and delaying our application for 6mths!! But after reading the other reviews and being informed that we can actually get a better rate with ING and AMP, we dodged a bullet!

Edward P.

Edward P.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT do business with these guys

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Find out how BankWest compares to other Banks

Anthony

AnthonySydney, NSW

Terrible terrible experience

I've been with the bank for 7y, they've progressively become worse to deal with. Unreliable, poor customer service and putting me through hell and back every time I need something.

chidiacmary19

chidiacmary19Sydney, NSW

Your bank is the epitome of greed.

Wouldn’t give you a zero. Your bank is a disgrace. Your shameful behaviour and treatment to a certain pregnant widow mirrors just what your bank stands for.. ZERO AND UNWORTHY

Tiger1982

Tiger1982AU

More interested in new customers than keeping existing

Been with Bankwest for 5 years. Happy enough with the service although very disappointed to find that new customers are being offered a 3.82 variable rate and after 3 calls to their customer retention teams to see if they could offer me that rate the best they could offer was well above this. I don't understand why they would lose a loyal customer only to then try and get new customers at that rate, makes no sense.
I have received the forms required to transfer to another bank and unfortunately now need to go through the process of changing banks. I would recommend bankwest if you can get a good rate but be prepare to change after a few years as they will not match the competition or reward loyalty.

Pissed off

Pissed offSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’d give BankWest a minus 10 starts

Unprofessional, uneducated, useless liars. Can’t reach anyone, can’t even discuss my complaints. Cost us so much money in all their elaborate delays. Blames everyone else rather than take own responsibility.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal