Online, Branches

2.1

dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Home Loan service and business banking

Our home loan has option for 9 100% offset accounts which is great for saving.
The fact there are minimal branches has never been a problem for us.
Rates have always been good or reasonable and mortgage contracts are written with less catches than competitors.

Business banking has been great, recently got business loan and wanted to leave a review for Ji Jian as he was always easily contactable and went above what was needed to get us a result.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

wwmzd

wwmzd

Rubbish bank

They were advised a month before the settlement date and were asked repeatedly to be prepared. Refinancing was involved and they only notified the other banks less than two weeks before settlement which is not enough time- it caused unnecessary stress because there was a possibility that settlement could not be met which would have cost us thousands.
on top of that they got my details and email wrong so i couldn't even access internet banking

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

tom

tomSydney, NSW

Worst bank i have ever came across!!! Please avoid them please

This bank is absolutely pain in the butt to deal with, can't get anything done without going to a branch, and when you go the people at the reception is useless, they have no basic idea about banks policy and finance, they tend to screw you over... when you request a branch manager things gets worse, you need to verify yourself with all the IDs which they already have on file because i have a Mortgage with them already!!!

Ridiculous!!! Disgraceful!!! Useless!!!!!!

3 word sums up my experience with bankwest!!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Loawn

Loawn

Don't bother with the credit card application

SuperRev

SuperRevSydney, NSW

Just appalling - just stay away

customer

customer

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
KMO

KMOSydney, NSW

Terrible bank, don’t waste your time.

lol customer service in the Sydney Branch. Applied online to open a transaction account and the form wouldn't allow the ' in my name, had to remove it. When visiting the branch they said I need to apply again with the '. I did and again received an error message. The lady couldn't work out why. She couldn't confirm my ID because of the ' apostrophe. She called someone higher, no resolution was found, then said she needed to go to an appointment and would have someone else open the account for me. A total waste of my time, the lady had zero interest in having the issue fixed, or helping me open the account, all she kept repeating was it shouldn't be doing that. Would not recommend this bank at all!

Neat ski

Neat ski

Worst bank ever keep screwing everything up

Had bank for about 3 months. They have lied and given inaccurate information about several things. They are not reliable at all. I would never refer them. If I didn’t have my mortgage with them I would change.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

Safir

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account
Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bank

So far a great bank, easy to contact (via online chat or the app) and always get a quick response. Great products and simple banking, so far very happy with them.

Eloise D.

Eloise D.Perth, WA

Trying to open an account for my daughter

I tried to open an account for my daughter they were aware of her age spoke to 3 ppl in bank waited 2 weeks for card spoke to more ppl waited another 2 weeks no card spoke to another 2 ppl and now I find out she’s to young for a card how is this only being picked up now and not the 7 other ppl I spoke to, huge lack of knowing their own products and what a waste of time

TopicNew Account

Radio silence after being approved for credit card application only to never hear from them again

Mike

Mikemikeattewell@gmail.com

Excellent Service and Easy Online Application

This was the easiest application and process I have ever experienced. Extremely helpful people online and excited about my new relationship with Bankwest. I am considering arranging banking for my company and shifting my home loans to them. Keep up the great work!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I would give zero stars if I could

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account
Pissed off

Pissed offSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’d give BankWest a minus 10 starts

Unprofessional, uneducated, useless liars. Can’t reach anyone, can’t even discuss my complaints. Cost us so much money in all their elaborate delays. Blames everyone else rather than take own responsibility.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Tom

Tom

Terrible Customer Service-Fountain gate branch

The worst customer service branch.Mel was not helpful in opening an account and was very rude.Staff go on break and dont care of customers.Pathetic staff.They asked me to come in weeks to open an account.
They wasted my 1 hr.

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal