BankWest (page 2 of 29)

Online, Branches

1.5

Jade

Jade

Excellent customer service with good advice

The stuffs never disappoint me every time I walked into the branch. They provide good customer services and give me very useful suggestions. That is something I cannot figure it out myself if I simply go online. The only complaint will be few branches to go to.

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst bank by far in Australia

Shocking customer service, only empty promises and they won't even cooperate with the Financial Ombudsman after numerous attempts to resolve the dispute over absurd fees and charges. The bank should be closed down for business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Stay away to avoid ripoffs

Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

Backward and Antiquated, how do they survive!

Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Bankwest by far is the best Online Bank I ever had out of 8 others

Helpful staffs understanding your situation and honoured as promised.

Will continue bank with Bankwest for as long as they don't turn into one of those larger banks which are less customer focused over time.

Melba Fatseas

Melba FatseasSydney, NSW

Absolutely appalled with the service when it came to fraud !

Penny pinching fees & Very poor customer service

With Bankwest for about 8 years. Wish I left earlier but only stayed out of convenience . Ridiculous fees regarding my savings account will charge multiple dishonour fees for the same transaction!

wwmzd

wwmzd

Rubbish bank

They were advised a month before the settlement date and were asked repeatedly to be prepared. Refinancing was involved and they only notified the other banks less than two weeks before settlement which is not enough time- it caused unnecessary stress because there was a possibility that settlement could not be met which would have cost us thousands.
on top of that they got my details and email wrong so i couldn't even access internet banking

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

Jane

JaneMelbourne

Rude, condescending and unhelpful

julie

juliePerth, WA

Worst bank in Western Australia!

Been with this bank for approximately 15 years.
I have found their customer service to be VERY poor but it seemed too hard to change all my details.
I became thoroughly disillusioned recently when the staff at my local branch couldn't be bothered transferring my savings to a term deposit within their own bank!
Now they are too slow transferring my money out of their bank to another bank.
I look forward to the day I never have to deal with this bank again.

Happy Customer ++++

Happy Customer ++++Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling customer service to Self Managed Retiree

Yep, another self funded retiree’s online MasterCard application DECLINED. Attended branch , Midland Gate. Inexperienced staff, unwilling to trouble shoot reason, manager unsupportive of staff and refused to pursue matter above branch. Whilst Bankwest might advertise a good product their policies, processes and staff are costing the organization “bread and butter” customers. Shareholders (individuals just like us) should be appalled by the way Bankwest is treating the hardworking financially secure retiree’s of Australia.

tom

tomSydney, NSW

Worst bank i have ever came across!!! Please avoid them please

This bank is absolutely pain in the butt to deal with, can't get anything done without going to a branch, and when you go the people at the reception is useless, they have no basic idea about banks policy and finance, they tend to screw you over... when you request a branch manager things gets worse, you need to verify yourself with all the IDs which they already have on file because i have a Mortgage with them already!!!

Ridiculous!!! Disgraceful!!! Useless!!!!!!

3 word sums up my experience with bankwest!!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Credit Card Application Denied

Applied for a credit card for overseas travel, was denied. Excellent credit rating, own our own home and investment properties, both on a good income. No reason given, can only assume, reading all the reviews, that because I work part time only this is the reason. Looks like we dodged a bullet - ING offer an account with no international transaction fees which is where we will be going.
* received a letter stating why I was declined - 1. stability of employment - I've only been in my job for 9.5 years (obviously not long enough) and 2. stability of our residence - we've only owned (and lived in) our home for 15 years (again, obviously not long enough).

poodlegirl

poodlegirlAU

Could be great but is counterintuitive and difficult to use

TopicBusiness Banking

Mum

Mumperth

Bankwest Spearwood staff worst ever

Been with bankwest my entire life (30yrs) this was worse service ever.
Staff member loudly telling me I'm rude and was mouthing off at me when I was with another staff member. I asked for manager who refused to make the staff member apologize. And while this was happening the said staff member was behind her laughing at me and rolling her eyes. Manager was useless when I asked for the complaints number to be written down for me she refused.....

Poor service gyms

Poor service gymsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Flexibility for Credit Card application

Dont bother applying for a credit card if you don't have a full time regular job. They have no ability to adjust to a the reality of today's people. If you have a casual job or run a sole trader business they are useless. Go to Latitude or Citybank for a credit card. They are much more flexible.

Dave.64

Dave.64AU

Started to really go downhill

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Anthony L.

Anthony L.South East Queensland, QLD

Such pathetic service!!

call them says plus use online messaging - did that no reply for 10 min so logged in next day
reply was automated and not relevant asking me to call a tel no - that tel no has a message saying use online messaging and we have a 15 min wait time on average - really ??
I walk into BOQ - they know my name and I can email the manager direct.
I will close this home loan - current rate with Bankwest 4.6 % other banks under 3%
disappointed - Anthony

Spanna

SpannaPerth, WA

Treat the dead worse than the alive ones

I am the executor of my late mother's estate. I went into the bank to lodge all the forms and prove everything to them. I was told this would take 24-48 hours, ok no problem. It is now the end of the 4th working day and I was told the funds we be in the account at close of business today. Guess what, NO FUNDS. I am sick and tired of this, my anxiety levels are now high and I am being treated like a nobody. I will be lodging a complaint with them also AFCA as this is unacceptable. I cannot wait to close this account and never have anything to do with them ever again.

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal