BankWest

BankWest (page 3 of 10)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Daniel
DanielPerth

Nothing ever works

Applied for a car loan back in 2019, wasted an hour going through the application process only to be knocked back for no reason given so got finance somewhere else. And trying to set up automatic payments is impossible, sometimes it makes payments other times it decides not too (also for no reason given) so bills have to be paid manually like the dark ages.
Had loads of other issues with this lot and everytime I want to do anything banking related I get anxiety knowing that there's a problem with ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION!

Paul
PaulPerth, WA

local call centre is not local

Saw a huge Bankwest billboard at the corner of Hay street and Thomas street in Subiaco stating "when you call Bankwest you talk to a LOCAL call centre".
This is "incorrect" (must use polite language in this review): last week I was put through to their call centre in Auckland, NZ,
How local is "local"?

"This conversation will be recorded for quality, etc..."
I agreed and asked for a copy of the conversation.
They promised they would send it but they didn't.

Transparency: 0 / 10
customer service: 0 / 10

Sidney K.
Sidney K.Sydney, NSW

12 mins and 16 mins on hold and still not able to speak to anyone

Called customer service twice. Answer on recording, waited 12 mins gave up. Second call waited 16 mins still unsuccessful. Very frustrating! You'd hope they'd have an option for a call back for a big institution.

Albert D.
Albert D.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

I have been with the bank 3 years. The service has been terrible with loan department. I have to contact them weekly. Get told they will call me back with feed back. Has been over 7 weeks and still nothing

Gaston M.
Gaston M.

I Thought they were great, until.....

Never has an issue with the bank until I needed to call them because it's the only way to change the daily limit. It has been more than 25 minutes of wait and I still cannot reach anyone o complete this transaction. This is not something I could do online or by other means. All the good-will they made over the years is gone. Stick to Commonwealth Bank, best in Australia.
BTW, the guys working in Customer Service are great, response times are unacceptable.

If possible please stay away

Takes at least an hour or more to talk to someone in customer care, doesn't matter which day or time of day you call. Bank would not provide clear details on the loan settlement and the transactions logged for settlement are so unclear that it would not be possible to decode. Call them and get dropped in between after waiting 45mins. Payment limits are also very silly, OSKO restricted to $5000 per day and pay anyone restricted to $20,000, total transfer limit of 20k only per day including osko.. Other banks are doing around $50k and $100k transfer limit. Why cant this bank increase the limits?, except for home loan interest rates, nothing else is good about. Service response times is big 0.

garryhourigan79

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Davaar Dan
Davaar DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish CEO

This CEO couldn't run a bath! Once it became Commbank's crap it became garbage! Untrustworthy, rubbish website, long phone queues. Exhausted staff (but polite).
Garbage CEO.
Don't bother! Go straight to parent Bank - Commbank

Horrible service

They really do not care if you have banked with them for 10 years . They aren’t the cool hip flexible for the customer bank they claim to be. They aren’t modern, they aren’t different. They don’t care about customers they just care they have your money that’s all they don’t actually want to help you. I do not recommend them at all! So sad I have banked and been loyal to them and now I have to move all my savings everything over. Horrible bank also fitting that the supervisor I spoke to her name was Karen …. That says it all.

David
David

Corrupt to the core

Have had a loan for years with this bank and never missed a single payment however, they treat their customers with total disrespect. They lie and fabricate issues.
They lie about promising to change your loan rate. Then when you say you will move banks if they continue to show disrespect they close my accounts and refuse state "You will not be able to open any new accounts with the bank".
Is it any wonder they had to close most of their branches when this is their attitude. I recommend everyone send complaints to AFCA

hamishs
hamishs

Great until its not

Fine enough until you are stuck having to call them for anything, then you need a few weeks leave saved up to wait so you can wait on hold until you get through to someone.

Oli
Oli

Shocking bank

Wanted to transfer some money. My own money. But there is a limit. They asked me to call which I did. Left me there waiting for 45minutes listening to their stupid as. Then wanted to increase the limit for just one hour (we're not talking millions here, just a few thousand). Wanted to know to whom and why. That's not their business isn't it?
I was going to be late for work. Then their BPAY system would not find the correct receiver. (GESB).

Eventually gave up. Am now using another bank. Never agin with this mob.

tomori
tomoriSydney Surrounds, NSW

Same issues as listed by all the other reviewers

Been with BW 20 years.
1st issue:
BW has closed our Hero account twice (over several years) with no notification.
2nd issue:
Tried online application for a Hero account as existing customer - application hangs.
Then tried online application for Hero account as new customer - cannot verify personal details (nothing wrong with Services Australia data - we checked).
BW Help desk answer: 'probably because you haven't been into a branch for a long time'.
I think we qualify as heroes after the above, certainly not BW.

For everyone's entertainment, I have just successfully opened a CBA savings account which took all of 3 minutes, all online.

Jenny
JennySydney, NSW

SLOW SLOW SLOW

Applied for a business bank account which took 2 weeks and 2 visits to a branch. Now waiting for another 3 weeks to get multiple letters separately just to get access to internet banking. It is like dealing with a bank that is back in the stone ages..Every is slow and not efficient at all!

Horrible service attitude

Went to parra branch. Staff attitude was horrible. Why to keep the branch open when you can’t service the customer. Close the branch early and change the opening hours instead of telling customers that “ oh i’m closing the branch in 5 min and unable to provide service as it will take longer. Close the branch and change your times, no wonder why branches are closing!!!

thomasaway
thomasawayAU

Rude staff with a poor attitude

Closed my account today and had to attend a branch after two different call centre workers failed to assist and mixed up my name & details after repeating it twice. Definitely a very stroppy supervisor of tellers who wanted to charge $35 to "fill out a form" to refund the balance. Bankwest is probably the worst and most backward bank In Australia. The customer care must be worked off their feet apologising for their failures but nothing changes.

Horrible system and process

Disclaimer: also work at another lending institution, however they don't work with credit cards.
Applied for a credit card due to the system saying yes i was eligible.
Upon sending through documentation which confirms the same details input, i was received a decline the next day. Discussed with a resolutions officer and the only response was to submit a new application with the updated details, they'll do a second credit check and will give me a response without advising the issues of the first. Noting there were clear amendments that could have been made to the first application.

This just reeks of outdated system and i would avoid any online applications with this institution, customer service didn't help either.

May
May

Tellers,,,,, WHY BOTHER

I have been with this shockingly inadequate bank for over 10yrs and to be fair, there was a time when they were consumer friendly but now, my local branch might as well put mannequins behind the counter, at least then it would be easier to understand the total lack of help and unresponsive blank faces. Don't really see why they maintain local branches if the staff are uncooperative, rude and only function is to deposit money, might as well just replace the drones with atm points,

Matt
Matt

Terrible, terrible experience

Refuse for you to access your own money if you try to transfer out more than $20k within a month.
App/online banking experience is terrible. Too many forms. Bad customer support.

Bankwest Bank “Less”

That’s their marketing slogan, but dealing with them you would never pick it. We moved our mortgage over a couple years ago and having to deal with them in any way is a total headache. Setting up our offset accounts and credit card required multiple branch visits and phone calls. After we got married I tried to walk in to a branch to change my name, was told I needed to make an appointment with a consultant on another day - same thing at CBA took the teller about 2 mins.

Honestly, if you value your time in any way don’t fall for their marketing. They have 10 layers of bureaucratic built into every task. Also their banking app is nothing special.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy JanMelbourne

Nearly cost me my home

Louise43
Louise43Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled.

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled. My bank amount keeps changing. I'll have say 40 dollars and all of a sudden two days later I'm in minus and getting slogged with a overdrawn fee. I had money in bank then next day I was in a rear's and then next day I've got less but money in account again. How the heck does that happen.

David H.
David H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Closed our accounts without warning

Lorina Celeban
Lorina CelebanSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Locked out of internet banking. Tried to reset password but my phone number was incorrect on file. Called customer service to update phone number. After 1 house 25 minutes on the phone. Was informed that I need to go to a branch to update password or they can post one in the mail. My branch was closed 3 years ago. No branches near me. This account was opened at a post office. Very poor customer service from [Name Removed] the team leader at Perth. I will be taking my banking elsewhere.

IMG
IMGPerth, WA

International transfer with Bankwest - like you threw money out of the window