Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Taking well over a month for a basic pre approval - lies about lead times

I applied for pre approval on the 26th October and still no idea when we’ll hear back a month later despite chasing every day, keep getting told it’s close or almost done or about to be signed off - but they never seem to get it across the line and continue dangling the carrot. Going to a different bank as I should have in the first place.

Melbourne Girl
Melbourne Girl

Didn't help me with product advice

I have had a credit card with them for over 11 years, during this time I had a very serious medical condition and called them several times to transfer my credit card debt to a product which is more manageable so that I could eventually pay off my debt with them!
Instead, they kept insisting that my interest rate of over 20% is competitive and that I had one of their better credit cards!
I would never have paid off the debt had another bank come to my rescue.
Please treat your customers as people and with compassion, not just a number. Look after your customers or you will lose them.

Glenda
GlendaSydney, NSW

Worst bank I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

Radha Madhu.
Radha Madhu.

You will loose house deposit with these guys

Our Aussie loans broker insisted on going through bankwest. Maybe because they get more commission. Bankwest dragged the process for 2 months, almost up until settlement date. Without letting us know if approved or not. And finally within a few days of settlement they rejected. My partner almost had a heart attack. Our bank (been with them for 25 yrs and have all accounts with them) gave us the loan within 2 days and saved us from loosing the deposit. My advice is stick with the bank where you have all your accounts and do regular banking. Even if broker says otherwise.

It seems like they don't even care about all these negative reviews.

Colin
Colin

On hold for over an hour

Over hour on hold. Actress keeps telling me how important I am. How much they care, over and over. New Bankwest slogan. Spending cut's into profits. Keep it cheap. Management.

Slowest bank in the world

This bank doesn't live in the real world of its customers. Customer for 15 years. They used to be good (maybe before CBA takeover?) but the last bank guarantee took 4 whole weeks! Their team members went on holidays, parties, meetings, training but not getting the thing to its customers and not even answering phones. Other banks can get it done in 1-2 days! This time, replacement credit card took 3+ weeks. People need their credit cards and this bank don't seem to have the same sense of urgency. They only use snail mail for everything.

Steer clear

I was refinancing with Bankwest and the bank required my trust deed to be assessed by a lawyer. They required me to provide my bank details so they could collect payment. The only issue was they refused to provide me with the cost of the work that they would undertake (not even an approximate range range) - they would do the work then withdraw the money from my account.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Carlos U.
Carlos U.Sydney, NSW

The Worst customer service ever.

It was a no pleasant experience with this bank, a long, long, long wait over the phone (45 min)to get an update on a case a rise more than 6 weeks ago, 8 have call three time to follow up my case and every time i call got the same answer. This make thing whats a lack of management on my case, where is the supervisor doing the work in my case? Worse experience ever banking with Bankwest. I will never ever recomen this bank, l will cancel my account as soon as l get the chance.

Will89
Will89AU

Disappointing experiences

Ehsan
EhsanSydney, NSW

Awful, irresponsible bank I have ever seen. Closing my account without any reason

From 2018. Not a reliable bank. Awful experience. Rude staffs. They are not responsive, rude, and don’t care about customers. Careless, irresponsible banking system that ever existed. Not willing to be with it.

Oxana T.
Oxana T.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad experience, would not recommend to anyone

Was with the bank over 10 years, interest and fees paid on time. However, once I got the problem - no support, nor accepting the responsibilities for the error. Had to submit complaint to AFCA, Bankwest provided only part of information and hidden the disadvantageous one

Chris G.
Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service, false claims..

I have been with Bankwest for 1 day and I have had nothing but issues. They make false claims online, I guess to compete with other banks but can not make good on it.

Bec
BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst bank in the history of the universe

Bankwest is the worst business I have ever dealt with in my life. Consistently freezing our accounts due to “fraud” and always requiring us to visit a branch to rectify an issue, very old and outdated software and systems.

Atrocious phone banking

Had to call customer service because internet banking advised that I needed to call customer service to cancel a B-Pay transaction. 45 minutes on hold to get call answered. Extremely difficult to understand customer service operator. Couldn't find details of the regular monthly transaction coming out of credit card despite 12 months of regular transactions coming out of account. Can't cancel it on the website, B/W customer service has no record of B-Pay scheduled payment! absolutely useless customer service and zero ownership of the problem! This is a really poor third rate bank.

Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pre-approval means nothing. Avoid!!

We sort pre approval prior to making an offer on a place which was approved after submitting all our financials and formal bank valuations. We decided to place a deposit on a place that was $45k cheaper than our pre approval and this was valued at the purchase price.

Nothing changed except for more income and the formal approval was declined. Still a strong chance we won’t see our deposit.

Unethical and lacks integrity. Plenty of other lenders. I would avoid this one.

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.