BankWest

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Susan Y.
Susan Y.South East Queensland, QLD

They do not have many branches maybe one or two at most and good luck if you have to speak to them as you have to wait hours on hold listening to their pretty slogans

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Ben
BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No customer loyaly or flexibility

I've banked with Bankwest for more than 15 years and have several accounts and a mortgae. I've have an exemplary payment record and 100% credit rating. I recently decided to request a credit card to consolidate all of my accounts into one. The application was rejected with no explanation what so ever, irrespective of them continuing to advertise and market their credit cards to me. They couldn't care a less about loyal customers and being flexibe. Time to switch all of my accounts to another bank.

Helen P.
Helen P.Sydney, NSW

Opened an account online, went into multiple branches - took more than 8 weeks and still waiting!

gks938
gks938Sydney, NSW

Unreasonable, discriminatory and suspicious. No concern for their customers.

Ihatebookdepository
IhatebookdepositoryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Trapped in the 90s

Stay Away - Horrible Experience

Too exhausted to go in details but had a horrific experience with them! Client for over 2 years now and wish I went elsewhere. The team is good though - just their system and processes were a nightmare.

Shop around .
Shop around .Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inflexible

Bankwest have refused to allow me to increase my transfer limit by $900 because I have already accessed this service within 30 days. Their suggestion is to transfer the additional cash on an alternative days because they can't change their policy. Take your money elsewhere.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Wynand.
Wynand.Perth, WA

Extremely poor service. Can not make a simple cash deposit.

Only opened my account about a week ago. No card or pin yet so can not make a cash deposit at an ATM. Help inside the Bank not much better.

Troy E.
Troy E.

WOULDN'T RECOMMEND

Removing ATM machines makes you use different machines . Cash dispenser from cascul didn't open to receive cash know been in dispute with bank west for 6 months bad customer service

TopicATM Experience

Karen R.
Karen R.Sydney, NSW

Bankwest threatened to restrict access to my account

Fred S.
Fred S.Perth, WA

1 star is too much! stay away I have bank with them for awhile but will be moving asap.

When I opened the bank account, the option to open an additional accounts including savings have been blocked. I contacted them and they told me I have been barred from opening new accounts without giving any reason! disgusting!

Cathy
Cathy

Keep away from this awful bank

I have had an account with Bankwest for several years. I wanted to transfer my money out, but the site won't let me saying I have to be identified. I called the number given online and the staff don't know how to do it. They have made me jump through hoops including get documentation verified personally at the post office. I still can't access my money and they don't even acknowledge my emails and telephone calls. I'm going to have to escalate to AFCA which is so time consuming and bothersome. This is by far the worst bank I've ever had. KEEP AWAY!

Find out how BankWest compares to other Banks

Horrible customer service for business banking

Sadik O.
Sadik O.

Horrible

I was trying to get a card for business reasons but they are just horrible in handling things this needs to be fixed I will not hold any shares and or anything from this company.

TopicNew Account

Bankwest bankless?

A customer from only Oct 2021
Customer service is non existent. 2 weeks for a call back? Totally understand online queues, but it doesn’t matter the time of day or night. You will wish you banked elsewhere. I know I do. If that’s a measure of ‘reliability’ (sic) then Bankwest definitely wins the ‘bankless’ moniker.
I believe Bankwest is actively trying to live up to its own slogan Bankless by doing nothing, because that’s less, right! If that’s to be celebrated then be prepared for less of everything including a response.
Experience to date - 0 stars,
Likely to refer friends and family - 0 chance
Thinking of being a customer, then do yourself a favour and avoid the inevitable disappointment.

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.