Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Stay Away - Horrible Experience

Too exhausted to go in details but had a horrific experience with them! Client for over 2 years now and wish I went elsewhere. The team is good though - just their system and processes were a nightmare.

Shop around .
Shop around .Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inflexible

Bankwest have refused to allow me to increase my transfer limit by $900 because I have already accessed this service within 30 days. Their suggestion is to transfer the additional cash on an alternative days because they can't change their policy. Take your money elsewhere.

Wynand.
Wynand.Perth, WA

Extremely poor service. Can not make a simple cash deposit.

Only opened my account about a week ago. No card or pin yet so can not make a cash deposit at an ATM. Help inside the Bank not much better.

Troy E.
Troy E.

WOULDN'T RECOMMEND

Removing ATM machines makes you use different machines . Cash dispenser from cascul didn't open to receive cash know been in dispute with bank west for 6 months bad customer service

TopicATM Experience

Karen R.
Karen R.Sydney, NSW

Bankwest threatened to restrict access to my account

Best Bank...Don't base your choice on the negatives!

Absolutely amazing bank! Shocked to see so many negatives!

I can say they have been the best bank to date as I have banked with all the big Banks.

They are straight onto everything and anything we need they are onto.

Communication has been fantastic. They even went above and beyond knowing we are Tasmanian based and we do not have a branch, they made all the process simple.

BankWest now have all our business! Best home loan rates as well.

Thanks again to everyone there that have made our banking journey streamline.

Fred S.
Fred S.Perth, WA

1 star is too much! stay away I have bank with them for awhile but will be moving asap.

When I opened the bank account, the option to open an additional accounts including savings have been blocked. I contacted them and they told me I have been barred from opening new accounts without giving any reason! disgusting!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Cathy
Cathy

Keep away from this awful bank

I have had an account with Bankwest for several years. I wanted to transfer my money out, but the site won't let me saying I have to be identified. I called the number given online and the staff don't know how to do it. They have made me jump through hoops including get documentation verified personally at the post office. I still can't access my money and they don't even acknowledge my emails and telephone calls. I'm going to have to escalate to AFCA which is so time consuming and bothersome. This is by far the worst bank I've ever had. KEEP AWAY!

Horrible customer service for business banking

Sadik O.
Sadik O.

Horrible

I was trying to get a card for business reasons but they are just horrible in handling things this needs to be fixed I will not hold any shares and or anything from this company.

TopicNew Account

Bankwest bankless?

A customer from only Oct 2021
Customer service is non existent. 2 weeks for a call back? Totally understand online queues, but it doesn’t matter the time of day or night. You will wish you banked elsewhere. I know I do. If that’s a measure of ‘reliability’ (sic) then Bankwest definitely wins the ‘bankless’ moniker.
I believe Bankwest is actively trying to live up to its own slogan Bankless by doing nothing, because that’s less, right! If that’s to be celebrated then be prepared for less of everything including a response.
Experience to date - 0 stars,
Likely to refer friends and family - 0 chance
Thinking of being a customer, then do yourself a favour and avoid the inevitable disappointment.

PAHM
PAHMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrendous wait times and Poor Customer Service

I'm not a customer, however when my sister passed away I had to deal with Bank West as her Executor. Was put through to their bereavement team, they didn't even say sorry for your loss and were very rude!
I'm now having to help my 95 year old Aunty and on continuous hold.

JOKE OF A BANK

If i could give 0 stars i would, i do my fathers online banking for him because he doesnt have a computer or smart phone bankwest have found this out and have cut us off from online banking because it could be fraudulent. If it was fraud im sure we would have reported it ourselves and now they refuse to give any information over the phone even to my Father himself. Never have i dealt with any organisation that has been so difficult and you always wait half hour plus to get through to them. We will be taking our loan elsewhere absolute joke of a bank.

Hasmukh P.
Hasmukh P.Perth, WA

Rubbish & Ruthless Services of Bankwest

I am with Bankwest Since last 3 Years. Bankwest does not have proper or enough Staff to handle customer enquiry and just wasting time of customer. ( Their time they getting Wages)

Home Loan Withdrawal Request and too much chase up.

Dealing with Bankwest is like nightmare

Emmanuel M.
Emmanuel M.Victoria

Bye old school banking service.

No customer service.A robotic/mechanical cold branch with no customer skills;no flexibility.
It is a robotic environment without understanding customer needs.
Everything involved following banks rules with no room for flexibility.
They do not care about your bank history/credit record.

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.