BankWest

BankWest (page 3 of 10)

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

garryhourigan79
garryhourigan79Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wow. Just wow.

Davaar Dan
Davaar DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish CEO

This CEO couldn't run a bath! Once it became Commbank's crap it became garbage! Untrustworthy, rubbish website, long phone queues. Exhausted staff (but polite).
Garbage CEO.
Don't bother! Go straight to parent Bank - Commbank

Horrible service

They really do not care if you have banked with them for 10 years . They aren’t the cool hip flexible for the customer bank they claim to be. They aren’t modern, they aren’t different. They don’t care about customers they just care they have your money that’s all they don’t actually want to help you. I do not recommend them at all! So sad I have banked and been loyal to them and now I have to move all my savings everything over. Horrible bank also fitting that the supervisor I spoke to her name was Karen …. That says it all.

David
David

Corrupt to the core

Have had a loan for years with this bank and never missed a single payment however, they treat their customers with total disrespect. They lie and fabricate issues.
They lie about promising to change your loan rate. Then when you say you will move banks if they continue to show disrespect they close my accounts and refuse state "You will not be able to open any new accounts with the bank".
Is it any wonder they had to close most of their branches when this is their attitude. I recommend everyone send complaints to AFCA

Oli
Oli

Shocking bank

Wanted to transfer some money. My own money. But there is a limit. They asked me to call which I did. Left me there waiting for 45minutes listening to their stupid as. Then wanted to increase the limit for just one hour (we're not talking millions here, just a few thousand). Wanted to know to whom and why. That's not their business isn't it?
I was going to be late for work. Then their BPAY system would not find the correct receiver. (GESB).

Eventually gave up. Am now using another bank. Never agin with this mob.

Jenny
JennySydney, NSW

SLOW SLOW SLOW

Applied for a business bank account which took 2 weeks and 2 visits to a branch. Now waiting for another 3 weeks to get multiple letters separately just to get access to internet banking. It is like dealing with a bank that is back in the stone ages..Every is slow and not efficient at all!

Horrible service attitude

Went to parra branch. Staff attitude was horrible. Why to keep the branch open when you can’t service the customer. Close the branch early and change the opening hours instead of telling customers that “ oh i’m closing the branch in 5 min and unable to provide service as it will take longer. Close the branch and change your times, no wonder why branches are closing!!!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
thomasaway
thomasawayAU

Rude staff with a poor attitude

Closed my account today and had to attend a branch after two different call centre workers failed to assist and mixed up my name & details after repeating it twice. Definitely a very stroppy supervisor of tellers who wanted to charge $35 to "fill out a form" to refund the balance. Bankwest is probably the worst and most backward bank In Australia. The customer care must be worked off their feet apologising for their failures but nothing changes.

Horrible system and process

Disclaimer: also work at another lending institution, however they don't work with credit cards.
Applied for a credit card due to the system saying yes i was eligible.
Upon sending through documentation which confirms the same details input, i was received a decline the next day. Discussed with a resolutions officer and the only response was to submit a new application with the updated details, they'll do a second credit check and will give me a response without advising the issues of the first. Noting there were clear amendments that could have been made to the first application.

This just reeks of outdated system and i would avoid any online applications with this institution, customer service didn't help either.

May
May

Tellers,,,,, WHY BOTHER

I have been with this shockingly inadequate bank for over 10yrs and to be fair, there was a time when they were consumer friendly but now, my local branch might as well put mannequins behind the counter, at least then it would be easier to understand the total lack of help and unresponsive blank faces. Don't really see why they maintain local branches if the staff are uncooperative, rude and only function is to deposit money, might as well just replace the drones with atm points,

Matt
Matt

Terrible, terrible experience

Refuse for you to access your own money if you try to transfer out more than $20k within a month.
App/online banking experience is terrible. Too many forms. Bad customer support.

Bankwest Bank “Less”

That’s their marketing slogan, but dealing with them you would never pick it. We moved our mortgage over a couple years ago and having to deal with them in any way is a total headache. Setting up our offset accounts and credit card required multiple branch visits and phone calls. After we got married I tried to walk in to a branch to change my name, was told I needed to make an appointment with a consultant on another day - same thing at CBA took the teller about 2 mins.

Honestly, if you value your time in any way don’t fall for their marketing. They have 10 layers of bureaucratic built into every task. Also their banking app is nothing special.

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy JanMelbourne

Nearly cost me my home

David H.
David H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Closed our accounts without warning

Lorina Celeban
Lorina CelebanSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Locked out of internet banking. Tried to reset password but my phone number was incorrect on file. Called customer service to update phone number. After 1 house 25 minutes on the phone. Was informed that I need to go to a branch to update password or they can post one in the mail. My branch was closed 3 years ago. No branches near me. This account was opened at a post office. Very poor customer service from [Name Removed] the team leader at Perth. I will be taking my banking elsewhere.

IMG
IMGPerth, WA

International transfer with Bankwest - like you threw money out of the window

DEE
DEESouthwest, VIC

Worst bank and service I've ever experienced

Was trying to get a top up on my exsisting loan. Was told everything would be fine and would get approved within a week.
I waited 6 weeks for an answer and they denied my application. I will be taking my mortgage loan elsewhere.

marlin
marlinSydney, NSW

Definitely would not advise anyone to sign up with this profit hungry organization

Biggest rip off bank in Australia giving out fees for anything they possibly can. I definitely would not advise anyone to sign up with this profit hungry organization. Well below average customer service provided. Beware of all the additional hidden fees and charges.

Carla C.
Carla C.Sydney, NSW

Most rude call centre and convoluted processes

I joined BankWest before CBA took over when it had more accessible branches. Now branches are not accessible, relying on call centre to perform is a nightmare. Always long waiting queues, a less than 5 min basic call can turn into days of drama. Of course, no one calls back when they promise to, on the same day. I only receive email to provide feedback when it’s a positive experience. Why don’t I receive the same feedback survey when I have a negative experience????

Michael W.
Michael W.South East Queensland, QLD

You cannot trust your details with Bankwest!! I was given all of theirs!!

Really think you can trust Bankwest??? When asking for some account data from Bankwest, I was sent confidential account details from a different company!!??
No confidentiality statement, no expectations, no... .Just here take these!!???
If you cannot trust a bank to keep your details safe???
Sales, customers orders and all the accounts!!??

What do you do when your bank hands out corporate details???

Abandon Bankwest and keep your business safe!!!

Brad M.
Brad M.

Has gone to the absolute garbage

Terrible wait times across the business, just really poor in every aspect. I would pinpoint the change to when Commonwealth bank acquired it. Avoid, they need to do better and be held accountable by customers going elsewhere.

Dan
Dan

Please avoid this bank like the plague as they've gone downhill since CommBank took over!

Leaving a customer stranded without cash advances while overseas in Jan 2015. Contacting me by mail recently for information that should have been requested between 2013-2015. Then also contacting me by phone today when I'd already mailed it in twice in the last two months.

Investor
InvestorSydney, NSW

Bank Less, Bankwest - Totally False!

I recently opened an account and Bankwest made the process extremely hard and after opening the account discovered conditions that were not made clear during the account opening process. I chatted online with someone yesterday and they promised to get back to me by the close of business and it is now the next afternoon and they have not got back to me. Poor service - they should change their slogan to "Bank Anywhere, but Bankwest."

jayde marshall
jayde marshallPerth, WA

There are other banks out there, skip this one and give them ago, they aren't all the same.

Lending criteria - very poor
customer service - very poor
enquiry on your name - very poor and unrealistic

TonyMc