BankWest

BankWest (page 4 of 10)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Minsta
MinstaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bankwest has yet to lower my interest rates

TheReciprocist
TheReciprocist

Most customer-unfriendly bank I’ve ever dealt with

Dealing with Bankwest is just one hassle after another. This bank seems obsessed with making the simplest things an ordeal.

Want to set up a direct debit for your credit card account? You need to fill out a paper form and submit it, then wait a few weeks. Then they’ll randomly direct debit your account on a random date and not explain it.

Want to change some of your account details? There’s also a paper form, and you have to photocopy all documents and bring them into a branch, rather than scan them in. Your nearest branch is a couple hundred kilometres away? Too bad.

If you don’t want stress after stress, don’t bother.

SCS
SCSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank ever

I applied for my home loan in November 2020 and I literally have 3days till settlement and still haven’t got official approval. I am only going through them because of my broker if I didn’t have days left I would’ve cancelled everything and gone through someone else. Just ridiculous.

Kiran
KiranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Bank, dont fall for it

I have a home loan with them for the past two years and these guys only care about their fees but nothing else. They don't care about customers. If possible stay away from these guys.

Garry Hookey
Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor customer service and incompetence

I have decided to cancel my Bankwest accounts. In order to have my saving balances deposited into a linked account I had to change my linked account details. I have provided my new linked account details three times. As of now they have asked for information which I have provided and been approved by a staff member at its Helensvale office. I have never encountered an incompetent bank such as Bankwest. Avoid it as there are more professional banks such as a credit union.

Business Loan Application, drawn-out and painful

Applied for a small business loan this year (2020) for equipment that we could technically already buy outright but wanted to pay off gradually. It took BankWest ages to decide and asked for the same paperwork multiple times. They eventually declined us for the loan, claiming that we were running at an extreme loss and we’re too risky as a small business, strange lending criteria. Lot of screwing around and false reassurances up until the last minute. Do yourself a favour and avoid the runaround, plenty of other banks and options! Just terrible.

Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Odd lending criteria - I inquired to transfer a mortgage from a major bank to BankWest for the lower rates. My inquiry was rejected being told that I did not meet their "risk appetite" because I have shares and an income from a non-bank lender.
Nothing else mattered.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mara.p
Mara.pHobart, TAS

Appalling service and communication

Daughter had offer accepted on a home loan, the finance broker pushed her to accept bank west mortgage product, bank west told her that she was approved conditionally right up until the final day when finance was required whereupon she was told she did not earn enough in her second job so they would not be approving her home loan.
If they had been upfront initially she could have shopped around for other loans but to leave it till the very last day defies belief!
Heartbreaking miserable institution, my advice is avoid, there are many other banks out there with better communications and more professional dealings.

Francis H.
Francis H.Sydney, NSW

Slow Response Time and Other Problems with Complex Securities Team

CJS
CJS

BankWest call centre is run by Laurel and Hardy

We had an old account that suddenly started getting charged a fee for paper statements. Went online to close it, but wouldn't. It too four different calls to the call centre for them to work out it was because they needed new photo id because of 2006 money laundering legislation, which they had never communicated to us about. Three different call centre operators could not diagnose the issue.

Edit: It gets better. We just found out that having gone through all the hassle they told us to go through to fix it (getting IDs certified and posted off), they told us the wrong thing. They even admitted they told us the wrong thing! Now we have to sort it out in a branch and the nearest one is 30min away.

Sarah.R
Sarah.RPerth, WA

Home loan App

Do these people even work during the day ? Seriously waiting so long for our home loan to be approved it's ridiculous give them what they ask for and it still isn't enough an absolute joke. Hurry up and say yes or no .there are other lenders we could go through !!!!

Regular Aussie
Regular AussieWestern Australia

Stole money out of our accounts

Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.Sydney, NSW

The worst bank I’ve ever used!!!!!

Bank west business banking has been the worst experience with a company I’ve ever had to date. Constantly freezing our company accounts (when I’m internet shopping and the website glitches) they lock every and all my loans and mortgages have defaulted and they made me and two directors all drive 4 hours to present at a branch with 100 points of ID. When we finally arrived the BankWest Sydney city branch did not greet me, rudely sat me down and when I complained of my experience they said ok then why don’t you shut your accounts? What kind of establishment is this? Absolutely horrible customer service, poor processes, over the top security So you can hardly ever access your money. I highly highly discourage anyone from using this bank!

Shane
ShanePerth

Snail pace in service

Found many times so slow in transferring my money from my account to another bank takes ages.
Where another bank i use its instant transfer.
How come being so slow these days with your technology software.
Should be instant this is the age of technology not paper sorting.
I will be closing my account with Bankwest.

Dominic B.
Dominic B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Non Covid Friendly and Terrible Fraud department

jay
jaySydney, NSW

worst bank in the world

worst bank ever. Got scammed for all my life savings and bank refuse to help me, spoke to be so rude and im currently taking this bank to court. Be aware of this bank

Lex
LexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BankWest Fraud Department

The Bankwest fraud department are the most unprofessional, unqualified degenerates Bankwest you really need to re-evaluate the process of your fraud department spastics there assumptions for the third time has cost me $30000 because these idiots at Bankwest blocked my accounts 3 times after l already verified the transactions l made where 100% legitimate but no Bankwest thinks they know better & cost me a job valued at $30K & a knew client & all l get back from Bankwest is sorry for any inconveniences but then decides to block my accounts again because l received a $11K deposit from selling my car & it’s been 3 weeks & it’s still blocked. What a stupid bank people beware of these Bankwest thieves.

Haidery
HaideryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Are you sure you want to apply for Home Loan with Bankwest?

I have been with the Bankwest for almost 3 years now - thankfully will close all my accounts with them in few days. I have fully lost my confidence in this bank. They will turn its back to you when you need them. There are so many banks in the market so think twice, thrice ... before you apply with this ripoff Money-hungry bank.

Lex
LexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap n Joke

Bankwest you bunch of idiots you have done nothing but inconvenience me how many times are you going to block my accounts for no reason the fraud department needs to learn how to detect fraud because there assumptions that cost me money have always been wrong & let’s not talk about the bad attitude & ignorance of Bankwest employees & mangers Never bank with these crap & a bunch of criminals you will get your day bankwest

Horrible Experience -> financial difficulty now

I applied for a Bankwest Home Loan via my broker. They approved of my scenario and issued me an Unconditional/Formal Approval. The Formal Approval was clear-cut and not subject to any conditions. I went unconditional on my contract for the home I purchase and paid the deposit. Then, Bankwest revoked the formal approval. This has placed me in a very precarious financial situation where I am at great risk of losing my deposit of around $26,000.

Caro
CaroPerth, WA

We’re here when you need us.........shame on you for making such false claims!

This Bank will give you an umbrella on a sunny day and take it back when it's raining ! They are not there when you need them........ and it's indecent they are able to make such claims. Complete lack of empathy and totally ruthless BEWARE

Vibing G.
Vibing G.Sydney, NSW

Hidden fees that never happened before...

Bankwest has been charging me foreign transaction fees when the products I bought were Australian. They said that if the transaction is processed in US then you get charged although the amount suppliers processed were in AUD. Both the suppliers in past 2 month have said that they processed it in AUD but the 3rd party they are using in US and they have never heard of such a case. Definitely going to change as soon as COVID settles down. I have bought from these suppliers before and never had the extra charge. They said as soon as you put your debit card details it is treated like a credit card. Really disappointed at their dodginess.

Alla
AllaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware!!! 2 Months To Re-finance A Loan.... Pathetic Service!!!

Live
LiveDarwin, NT

Hand balling is customer service these days

Speaking to a home loan staff me never Jessica D Home Finance Manager in WA, after she gets backs to be days/ week later, she advised she was going on leave and could not help, and to call up to get so one new.

I advised happy to wait and that works with Well with me.

Then refused to help saying must contact the phone number to get help. ( this was after the phone staff advised to use the contact us on the website)

Eoin
EoinPerth, WA

Service non existent at malaga branch. An embarrassment to banking

Malaga branch is just shocking service
Over an hour for a simple transaction
Also stated a simple bank transfer would take 5 to 7 days but could offer immediate transfer for 35 dollars.
This was done to a woman in
Her 80s I was just helping her out.