Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Daniel
DanielPerth

Nothing ever works

Applied for a car loan back in 2019, wasted an hour going through the application process only to be knocked back for no reason given so got finance somewhere else. And trying to set up automatic payments is impossible, sometimes it makes payments other times it decides not too (also for no reason given) so bills have to be paid manually like the dark ages.
Had loads of other issues with this lot and everytime I want to do anything banking related I get anxiety knowing that there's a problem with ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION!

Gaston M.
Gaston M.

I Thought they were great, until.....

Never has an issue with the bank until I needed to call them because it's the only way to change the daily limit. It has been more than 25 minutes of wait and I still cannot reach anyone o complete this transaction. This is not something I could do online or by other means. All the good-will they made over the years is gone. Stick to Commonwealth Bank, best in Australia.
BTW, the guys working in Customer Service are great, response times are unacceptable.

hamishs
hamishs

Great until its not

Fine enough until you are stuck having to call them for anything, then you need a few weeks leave saved up to wait so you can wait on hold until you get through to someone.

tomori
tomoriSydney Surrounds, NSW

Same issues as listed by all the other reviewers

Been with BW 20 years.
1st issue:
BW has closed our Hero account twice (over several years) with no notification.
2nd issue:
Tried online application for a Hero account as existing customer - application hangs.
Then tried online application for Hero account as new customer - cannot verify personal details (nothing wrong with Services Australia data - we checked).
BW Help desk answer: 'probably because you haven't been into a branch for a long time'.
I think we qualify as heroes after the above, certainly not BW.

For everyone's entertainment, I have just successfully opened a CBA savings account which took all of 3 minutes, all online.

Louise43
Louise43Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled.

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled. My bank amount keeps changing. I'll have say 40 dollars and all of a sudden two days later I'm in minus and getting slogged with a overdrawn fee. I had money in bank then next day I was in a rear's and then next day I've got less but money in account again. How the heck does that happen.

Joe M
Joe MSydney, NSW

Bankwest just cancelled my card

Been with Bankwest as a credit card customer for over 5 years, received a letter today saying they will not issue a new card when my present one expires. Never missed a payment and always paid the whole balance. Rang them up and asked them the reason. Apparently I don't use the credit facility enough to be a valid customer anymore so they are throwing me away. But get this I can reapply in 6 months to get a new credit card. This is the brave new world of customer service. Or maybe the parent CBA is pushing them into a hole.

poodlegirl
poodlegirlAU

Could be great but is counterintuitive and difficult to use

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Daniel K
Daniel K

Radio silence after being approved for credit card application only to never hear from them again

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Tony8029
Tony8029Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Should stick to being a local Perth bank

Its bad enough that BW are closing more branches than they are opening in Victoria, but my rent was late due to a "public holiday in western australia" which delayed bpay processing. Come on guys, either remain a location WA bank or get serious about offering a national service.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Tiger1982
Tiger1982AU

More interested in new customers than keeping existing

Been with Bankwest for 5 years. Happy enough with the service although very disappointed to find that new customers are being offered a 3.82 variable rate and after 3 calls to their customer retention teams to see if they could offer me that rate the best they could offer was well above this. I don't understand why they would lose a loyal customer only to then try and get new customers at that rate, makes no sense.
I have received the forms required to transfer to another bank and unfortunately now need to go through the process of changing banks. I would recommend bankwest if you can get a good rate but be prepare to change after a few years as they will not match the competition or reward loyalty.

TopicLoan Application
Domo
DomoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Used to Be Good But Not Anymore

Other Banks

Limited daily transfers and interest penalties

Hero Saver Account interest is lost for entire month when transfers are made. Daily transfer limits of 20,000 unless you can physically access a bank, very limited bank locations, no telephone bank options for greater than this limit. Exiting a Term Deposit early was ok.

Calvin
Calvinperth

Frustration! Frustration! Frustration! ...Please put back some business sense.

Soni
SoniAuckland

Terrible customer service

So logging into their online banking system after a long while (I've been overseas), and I couldn't remember my pin number so o called them. I failed their security questions (fair enough) but the lady kept saying "awwwwwwwww" .... I swear to god that sound was annoying me. It is condescending and the last sound you want to hear when you're trying to get things organised. I wish we got our home loan elsewhere....the customer service here is really poor.

V.O
V.OBrisbane

Disorganised

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.