BankWest

BankWest (page 2 of 3)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Misskel
MisskelBrisbane

No longer the great bank they use to be!

When I first opened my Bankwest transaction account they were great. No sure what is going on with them but their processing leaves alot to be desired. EFTPOS transaction with a pin are delayed in being processed, they don't process over the weekend. When you check your statement you will notice the date they process the transaction and the date and time you actually made the transaction. In this day and age of technology there is no justification for these delays. Bankwest staff certainly cannot explain it. I have noticed these delays don't occur with my new bank.

Very poor Customer service.

Long waiting times in queues.
If you are elderly or infirm, too bad, just wait until the often single teller
is available. Ten/fifteen minutes wait? Not acceptable.
I have moved my business elsewhere.

C B
C B

Home loan

Recently left them for our home loan as they were hopeless with customer service, rates and even when we said we were going to another bank they didn't question it or try to offer anything better.

WHD
WHDAU

Customer service is terrible!!

My wife and I have used BankWest for over 8 years now and our business is worth a lot of money to this bank. We are talking of paying interest well into the millions of dollars each year.

Yet, in recent years, on each occasion I have been in to the Queen Street Mall branch in Brisbane CBD 90% of the staff are consistently rude or at the best unfriendly and miserable - or even condescending in their manner.

Most of the problem seems to be the very high staff turnover, as only very rarely do I see the same staff for very long!!

Little wonder they are closing branches all down the east coast!!

h3ctor
h3ctorPerth

Unreliable and Inflexible Service

I needed a bank statement for a loan, logged into my bankwest account and found there's no way to generate a statement online straight away. I requested a statement via their "self service" and was told it "could" take between 3-5 working days to generate! I went into their main Perth store and was told "it will take 24 hours" to generate.
Then finally I get reply from their web mail the next day saying the statement wouldn't be available until next Friday! Their system is slow, broken and their people have no idea what they are doing.
As soon as I have my statement I'm closing my accounts down with them.

Negatively Geared staff

Went into the branch to do some adjusting of several term deposits held there. Was met by a bunch of rules and regulations about what I could not do at no time did the clerk tell me about things I could do. Have since decided I should be looking elsewhere.

Dan
DanPerth, WA

Logon whilst under maintenance locks you out

Second time in a row i have tried to log in to bob however after 3 attempts with the same numbers ( you cant tell me i have got it wrong 3 times in the same month for the second time) you lock me out of business online banking. your crAP because some people work later than your business hours. Your a bank for god sakes, offer business banking, which means some companies work up till 10pm aest. Get it together with somE sorT Of support or im going elsewhere

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mikey7
Mikey7Sydney

I used to love you. Oh how you've changed.

Shez

It Will Cost You Cash To Move Your Money Quickly

Andy
AndyPerth

Bad service, no atms

Have had a savings account for over 15 yrs. Reject me for a 1k credit card...went to another bank and got approved instantly. Can never find any atms so always costs me a fee. Just rang up to close savings account, told me its a 2-4min wait...hung the phone up after almost 30mins!!! Pathetic

Painful!

Why didn't I read reviews first! I did my research and thought the product suited me - a business account. Information on applying was confusing, response was terribly slow, customer service was non-existent. Never again!!

Credit Card problem

I was travelling through Dubai and had the unfortunate incident of a retailer double billing me, I contacted Bankwest immediatley only to be told no investigation can commence until all forms were completed and evidence submitted, mean while a large portion of my allocated travelling budget was lost !
Then when I finally returned home and completed all forms which clearly showed double billing, they advised nothing can be done, you should have called while in store ???

No assistance while travelling

privateer_saurus
privateer_saurus

Years of loyalty, no reward

I've been a customer of Bankwest for 26 years, since I was a child, same bank account, one credit card, and yet they are the only bank that has ever refused me credit. Just yesterday I applied for a balance transfer credit card, i earn close to $100k, have my own home and zero bad credit and they rejected it! The same card application was accepted by ANZ today. I've been stung but terrible fees and inflexible policies my whole life, why? I'm swapping my transaction account to ANZ or HSBC, screw these guys, loyalty terminated.
Ample ATMs when combined with Commonwealth, i like the Debit mastercard but every bank has them these days
Fees, inflexible policies, illogical credit rejections

In The Stone Age

Emma28
Emma28Queensland

Great rates, if something goes wrong they are willing to fix it.

I have a credit card with bankwest and the rates are fantastic, I really feel that they give you a great deal. The card arriving was a challenge and the pin was not working but time after time they tried to fix it and eventually did. In the meantime they were extremely accomdating and waived all the costs I had to incur as a result. I have been speaking with them about taking a new loan and they have been fantastic - you get a personal account manager to talk to who even gives you their email and mobile - No more being lost in a call centre. Great saving account with 5.25% pa too.
Personalised serviced
No branches in Central Queensland

bronty_saurus
bronty_saurusAU

No fees, interest for transaction account

shaper
shaperPerth, WA

Bad

Hats_Off
Hats_OffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good

Overall the existence of this bank is nothing but a good thing. Hopefully they will pressure some of the other banks to improve their trading hours. Have always had positive experiences on every visit. I've recommended this bank many times to people who are wanting more fee-free ATM use and more convenient access to in-branch services.
Trading hours that are designed with the customer in mind. Finally. Less fees than many other banks assuming you choose the right account.
Just don't like the kiosk-esque style typical branch design. Had to be taken upstairs to open an account.

tcam
tcamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero account is great

Good Service, excellent account for the worker/ family on $2000+ month. Free $100 overdraft. FREE access to big banks ATM's. Free account keeping if over the $2000/month
no account keeping fees, FREE use of big banks ATMS- nab, anz. commonwealth, westpac + its own atms in 7-11's etc. $100 FREE overdraft for when you forget that direct debit comes out!

than4
than4

yujin1984320
yujin1984320

Good

not a bad bank, having car loan, and house loan with them, and planing to get another home loan with them in few month. come to the fact the CBA bought them, i think bankwest is the combination of big bank+good rate+low fees.
the orange colour, competitive rate for home loans and online saving account, less fees charged for the products compare with other big banks.love the coffe when go to the branches.
need mobile banking, most major banks now have app for the iphone, and bankwest need to work on that for their" happy banking", the staff need to be trained properly, hard to find a dedicated person that really look after you.

Honest_Marketer
Honest_Marketer

Great at getting your business very poor at keeping it