Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Nicole
Nicole

Best bank I’ve ever dealt with

Moved my mortgage to bankwest two years ago and have never had an issue. If I log an answer online they respond in the chat immediately and a call back never takes more then a day.
Very informative and helpful every time I’ve dealt with them

Taffy
TaffyPerth, WA

Absolutely first class service from the local Wanneroo branch .we had to open an account in that branch due to the closure of our local westpac branch ,the person we dealt with Margaret Porter was very friendly and efficient in dealing with us explained everything in detail as we went through the process .it felt like a great welcome to the bank .

Many thanks

Andrew C.
Andrew C.Bruce 2617, ACT

Perfect customer service

I have been with them for 5 years.
They helped me get a refund for a purchase made via credit card that the vendor refused to refund. Never really needed help from their customer service but they came through when needed.

Daniel
DanielPerth

Nothing ever works

Applied for a car loan back in 2019, wasted an hour going through the application process only to be knocked back for no reason given so got finance somewhere else. And trying to set up automatic payments is impossible, sometimes it makes payments other times it decides not too (also for no reason given) so bills have to be paid manually like the dark ages.
Had loads of other issues with this lot and everytime I want to do anything banking related I get anxiety knowing that there's a problem with ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION!

Gaston M.
Gaston M.

I Thought they were great, until.....

Never has an issue with the bank until I needed to call them because it's the only way to change the daily limit. It has been more than 25 minutes of wait and I still cannot reach anyone o complete this transaction. This is not something I could do online or by other means. All the good-will they made over the years is gone. Stick to Commonwealth Bank, best in Australia.
BTW, the guys working in Customer Service are great, response times are unacceptable.

hamishs
hamishs

Great until its not

Fine enough until you are stuck having to call them for anything, then you need a few weeks leave saved up to wait so you can wait on hold until you get through to someone.

tomori
tomoriSydney Surrounds, NSW

Same issues as listed by all the other reviewers

Been with BW 20 years.
1st issue:
BW has closed our Hero account twice (over several years) with no notification.
2nd issue:
Tried online application for a Hero account as existing customer - application hangs.
Then tried online application for Hero account as new customer - cannot verify personal details (nothing wrong with Services Australia data - we checked).
BW Help desk answer: 'probably because you haven't been into a branch for a long time'.
I think we qualify as heroes after the above, certainly not BW.

For everyone's entertainment, I have just successfully opened a CBA savings account which took all of 3 minutes, all online.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Louise43
Louise43Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled.

I 've switched to this bank and I'm not thrilled. My bank amount keeps changing. I'll have say 40 dollars and all of a sudden two days later I'm in minus and getting slogged with a overdrawn fee. I had money in bank then next day I was in a rear's and then next day I've got less but money in account again. How the heck does that happen.

Emma
EmmaPerth, WA

Excellent Service at Bankwest Armadale

I was visiting Armadale branch this morning and impressed with the CS and Teller extra efforts to serve us customers. The teller helped me to reactivate my dormant account efficiently and effectively deliver the service. So glad that my problem solved quickly. Appreciation for Bankwest Armadale for its excellent services.

nick irwin
nick irwinHunter Region, NSW

home loan and general banking

We have 2 loans and our everyday accounts with Bankwest, never had a issue with them. They have been great to deal with. Only thing sometimes wait times are a little long when you call. But its a australian call centre!

Bankwest Glen Waverley

Great to get assistance by George and staff at the Glen today . Refreshing to see dedication and going above the call of duty to help me out 5 stars .I

Joe M
Joe MSydney, NSW

Bankwest just cancelled my card

Been with Bankwest as a credit card customer for over 5 years, received a letter today saying they will not issue a new card when my present one expires. Never missed a payment and always paid the whole balance. Rang them up and asked them the reason. Apparently I don't use the credit facility enough to be a valid customer anymore so they are throwing me away. But get this I can reapply in 6 months to get a new credit card. This is the brave new world of customer service. Or maybe the parent CBA is pushing them into a hole.

Steven Bruni
Steven BruniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy Chappy

Angela N.
Angela N.South East Queensland, QLD

This bank has been amazing during COVID

Customer service for financial assistance has been absolutely amazing. They have been empathetic and fast acting.

I have been banking with BankWest for over 5 years, I am very impressed and will not g BF e changing.

Angela

Chris
ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.