BankWest

BankWest (page 2 of 4)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Daniel K
Daniel K

Radio silence after being approved for credit card application only to never hear from them again

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
Lidia K
Lidia KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BankWest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Easy application process for Zero Platinum MasterCard. Very streamline online setup, activation and general login process with detailed terms and conditions. Can't wait to use my card. Zero foreign Currency fee!

TopicCredit Card Application

Mike
Mikemikeattewell@gmail.com

Excellent Service and Easy Online Application

This was the easiest application and process I have ever experienced. Extremely helpful people online and excited about my new relationship with Bankwest. I am considering arranging banking for my company and shifting my home loans to them. Keep up the great work!

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account
Tony8029
Tony8029Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Should stick to being a local Perth bank

Its bad enough that BW are closing more branches than they are opening in Victoria, but my rent was late due to a "public holiday in western australia" which delayed bpay processing. Come on guys, either remain a location WA bank or get serious about offering a national service.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Tiger1982
Tiger1982AU

More interested in new customers than keeping existing

Been with Bankwest for 5 years. Happy enough with the service although very disappointed to find that new customers are being offered a 3.82 variable rate and after 3 calls to their customer retention teams to see if they could offer me that rate the best they could offer was well above this. I don't understand why they would lose a loyal customer only to then try and get new customers at that rate, makes no sense.
I have received the forms required to transfer to another bank and unfortunately now need to go through the process of changing banks. I would recommend bankwest if you can get a good rate but be prepare to change after a few years as they will not match the competition or reward loyalty.

TopicLoan Application
Domo
DomoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Used to Be Good But Not Anymore

mel
melSydney

I have been dealing with Bank West about a credit card . The service is great. Received personal follow up calls about the progress and information . Very effiecent and professional. Great work BW

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
ronnie
ronnieSouth West, WA

Very helpful

Have been with BankWest many years and have always found them helpful and friendly, recently they recovered money for me that I lost in an online scam. Thank you BankWest.

Other Banks

Limited daily transfers and interest penalties

Hero Saver Account interest is lost for entire month when transfers are made. Daily transfer limits of 20,000 unless you can physically access a bank, very limited bank locations, no telephone bank options for greater than this limit. Exiting a Term Deposit early was ok.

Calvin
Calvinperth

Frustration! Frustration! Frustration! ...Please put back some business sense.

SarahAlannah
SarahAlannahMelbourne

Amber - Plenty Valley - AMAZING!

A couple of weeks ago I went into Bankwest to change all my accounts over from one of the BIG 4.
I was promptly greeted with respect and they acknowledged that my infant daughter was sleeping in the pram so I was placed in a quiet room.
The bank consultant Amber was absolutely fantastic. I honestly can't thank her enough for being patient and explaining everything Bankwest has to offer when I go back to work next year.
She was extremely informative, respectful and genuinely wanted to assist.
She set up all my accounts for me then and there and went through the internet banking as well.
She also helped me set it up on my iphone.

She was lovely, thank you Amber!

Adam K
Adam KAdelaide

Must be the odd one out

Been with bank west for business, for few years, and never had an issue. Customer service has always been good, and banking apps have the modern features i.e. Bank mail, scheduled payments, two factor auth, etc. Have a few other products with them too, and the experience with those was good as well.

Soni
SoniAuckland

Terrible customer service

So logging into their online banking system after a long while (I've been overseas), and I couldn't remember my pin number so o called them. I failed their security questions (fair enough) but the lady kept saying "awwwwwwwww" .... I swear to god that sound was annoying me. It is condescending and the last sound you want to hear when you're trying to get things organised. I wish we got our home loan elsewhere....the customer service here is really poor.

V.O
V.OBrisbane

Disorganised

Sal
SalPerth, WA

No tellers???

BankWest Karrinyup had no tellers available for about 1/2 hour before noon today. This was a major problem for someone with limited time.

Website

Website says open today. Nope. Drove to shopping centres with express purpose of looking to open another account. Not with this bank!

Fraud

I have had 5-6 people have taken out of my account in the last 2 years from over seas. They didnt call or email me when it was out of the ordinary. Not very happy.

Nick
NickPerth

Customer service

It's just so easy

I've had a bankwest credit card for three years. Mostly use it for when I travel. I have only ever had good experiences with this bank.

From day one had very good custumer service. I don't usually leave reviews but they get a big tick from me. Will be recommending to all my friends.

TokenGesture
TokenGestureMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Accommodating and great credit cards

Angelo R
Angelo RSydney

Which Bank? - Bankwest - When you want service contact Byron Hajduczok

Misskel
MisskelBrisbane

No longer the great bank they use to be!

When I first opened my Bankwest transaction account they were great. No sure what is going on with them but their processing leaves alot to be desired. EFTPOS transaction with a pin are delayed in being processed, they don't process over the weekend. When you check your statement you will notice the date they process the transaction and the date and time you actually made the transaction. In this day and age of technology there is no justification for these delays. Bankwest staff certainly cannot explain it. I have noticed these delays don't occur with my new bank.

Kaz
KazPilbara, WA

Fantastic customer service

Just want to say that your employee Amelia Cook from Port Hedland branch is amazing. So helpful, clarifies in an exemplary manner..extremely efficient in her role..I will highly recommend her to anyone that I am aware of who is looking for a home loan...
From a satsfied customer," thany you Amelia"

MRL
MRLPerth

Superb... efficient, courteous and friendly.

Having banked with many local and international banks in Australia and overseas, I can honestly say Bankwest offer the most efficient, friendly service I have ever received from any of my banks. Simply superb... I hope you guys stay like this forever.

Very poor Customer service.

Long waiting times in queues.
If you are elderly or infirm, too bad, just wait until the often single teller
is available. Ten/fifteen minutes wait? Not acceptable.
I have moved my business elsewhere.