BankWest

BankWest (page 3 of 4)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

C B
C B

Home loan

Recently left them for our home loan as they were hopeless with customer service, rates and even when we said we were going to another bank they didn't question it or try to offer anything better.

WHD
WHDAU

Customer service is terrible!!

My wife and I have used BankWest for over 8 years now and our business is worth a lot of money to this bank. We are talking of paying interest well into the millions of dollars each year.

Yet, in recent years, on each occasion I have been in to the Queen Street Mall branch in Brisbane CBD 90% of the staff are consistently rude or at the best unfriendly and miserable - or even condescending in their manner.

Most of the problem seems to be the very high staff turnover, as only very rarely do I see the same staff for very long!!

Little wonder they are closing branches all down the east coast!!

h3ctor
h3ctorPerth

Unreliable and Inflexible Service

I needed a bank statement for a loan, logged into my bankwest account and found there's no way to generate a statement online straight away. I requested a statement via their "self service" and was told it "could" take between 3-5 working days to generate! I went into their main Perth store and was told "it will take 24 hours" to generate.
Then finally I get reply from their web mail the next day saying the statement wouldn't be available until next Friday! Their system is slow, broken and their people have no idea what they are doing.
As soon as I have my statement I'm closing my accounts down with them.

Lee
LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceptional Customer Service

Yesterday I had an issue with a closed account which required a new one to be processed, if at all.
I contacted Customer Support line & my issue was dealt with by Josey.
After having to look into particular solutions about the issue she advised she'd call me back next morning.
She called twice. Once to say she hadn't forgotten & was caught in a meeting & the other to say she looked into every avenue regarding my situation with a successful resolution.

Never have I had a more genuinely conscientious & considerately attentive customer support.
This person made me feel important, valued & literally left me smiling after our call.
You, Josey, are a credit to your profession.

ECLok
ECLokSydney

I really like Bankwest

I have Bankwest accounts more then 10 years. I open a Bankwest account because they open 7 days. How hard they worked! I open more accounts because they had good products and good interest. They always offer me good services. I got an unexpected Credit Card payment from US but I am at Sydney. I called Bankwest the staff terminated my Credit Card immediately and ordered a new card for me. I got the payment back within 1 week. They are very good service.

Trevor Sta Maria
Trevor Sta Mariaalexander heights

I walked into the BankWest branch at Kingsway shopping centre yesterday and was met by a lovely lady who attended to me with a friendly and helpful attitude. I was there to set up a Hero Savings account and she was helpful, polite and informative. She told me to wait 10 minutes before I was seen to by another polite bank officer who assisted me with all my questions. There was no hard sell and the experience was extremely positive. Well done BankWest Kingsway

ChrisOz
ChrisOzSydney, NSW

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones

I've got an Everyday Transaction account, a Hero Saver account, a Debit MasterCard and a Platinum MasterCard with BankWest. I've never had any issues dealing with staff over the phone or face-to-face. I've used the cards overseas a number of times with no additional fees and have really enjoyed the fee free transactions through CBA, NAB, Westpac and ANZ ATMs.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Great customer service !!!!!!!!

Great customer service !!!!!!!! and great with assisting others, great to knowing how to help someone and it is done immediately.

Negatively Geared staff

Went into the branch to do some adjusting of several term deposits held there. Was met by a bunch of rules and regulations about what I could not do at no time did the clerk tell me about things I could do. Have since decided I should be looking elsewhere.

Nigel
NigelSydney

Best bank in the Country

I have been a customer of Bankwest for many years, and have a number of everyday, and savings accounts and a credit card as well. Have always found the staff both in the Call Centre and at branch helpful, knowledgeable and professional at all times. I would not hesitate in recommending Bankwest to anybody, and I am so proud to be a Bankwest Customer. You truly rock Bankwest. Way to go. Thank you. Finally a bank I can rely on and trust at all times.

Dan
DanPerth, WA

Logon whilst under maintenance locks you out

Second time in a row i have tried to log in to bob however after 3 attempts with the same numbers ( you cant tell me i have got it wrong 3 times in the same month for the second time) you lock me out of business online banking. your crAP because some people work later than your business hours. Your a bank for god sakes, offer business banking, which means some companies work up till 10pm aest. Get it together with somE sorT Of support or im going elsewhere

Mikey7
Mikey7Sydney

I used to love you. Oh how you've changed.

Shez

Jenny96
Jenny96Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It Will Cost You Cash To Move Your Money Quickly

Awesome!!!

Bankwest checked with me about 10 minutes after I had a staff member use my credit card in a place that was not usual for me. I had only just spoken to the person with my credit card, and only minutes later they were on the phone checking that my transaction was a verified one. Before moving to bankwest, I had all my money ripped off from my NAB account through the internet, and they only called me days after this happened. I cannot recommend Bankwest enough, they give customer service to the absolute max!!!!!!

PhilKK
PhilKKSydney

A very happy customer

Andy
AndyPerth

Bad service, no atms

Have had a savings account for over 15 yrs. Reject me for a 1k credit card...went to another bank and got approved instantly. Can never find any atms so always costs me a fee. Just rang up to close savings account, told me its a 2-4min wait...hung the phone up after almost 30mins!!! Pathetic

Painful!

Why didn't I read reviews first! I did my research and thought the product suited me - a business account. Information on applying was confusing, response was terribly slow, customer service was non-existent. Never again!!

Credit Card problem

I was travelling through Dubai and had the unfortunate incident of a retailer double billing me, I contacted Bankwest immediatley only to be told no investigation can commence until all forms were completed and evidence submitted, mean while a large portion of my allocated travelling budget was lost !
Then when I finally returned home and completed all forms which clearly showed double billing, they advised nothing can be done, you should have called while in store ???

No assistance while travelling

Tells it like it is
Tells it like it issydney, nsw

Great service since joining 5 years ago

I have been with Bankwest for over 5 years now and started off with a home loan with them, i now have a number of accounts with them. Service has been really good and has been consistent over the years. I love the fact that when you organise a balance transfer its instant and only takes a few days for the reciever to recieve the funds. So far so good. Rates are also lower compared to other banks.
Low rates and quick action taken

privateer_saurus
privateer_saurus

Years of loyalty, no reward

I've been a customer of Bankwest for 26 years, since I was a child, same bank account, one credit card, and yet they are the only bank that has ever refused me credit. Just yesterday I applied for a balance transfer credit card, i earn close to $100k, have my own home and zero bad credit and they rejected it! The same card application was accepted by ANZ today. I've been stung but terrible fees and inflexible policies my whole life, why? I'm swapping my transaction account to ANZ or HSBC, screw these guys, loyalty terminated.
Ample ATMs when combined with Commonwealth, i like the Debit mastercard but every bank has them these days
Fees, inflexible policies, illogical credit rejections

jens1
jens1Queensland, 4510

Excellent experience

I changed to bank west when my broker organised a home loan for me. I was sorry to leave Heritage bank but it had to be. On the whole I have had an excellent experience and never any trouble. I do work away out west and have had to use their phone service to make changes. The operator always bent over backwards to get any dramas sorted out and it seemed that I could do more over the phone with BW than with other banks.
I am now with NAB as loans were refinanced by a broker but am not too impressed so may look at refinancing with BW if NAB doesn't work out for me.
service, products, rates and fees
minimal branch locations if in QLD

In The Stone Age