Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ge customer
Ge customerPerth, WA

Good everyday account

Good everyday account great how theres no fees as long as $2000 a month goes in. I only have a savings account with them and quite happy to recommend getting one. Only problem with it is when my pay goes in or any money it takes a while for it to clear.

Winner
WinnerMelbourne

11 years a customer no longer!

Phil S
Phil SPerth, WA

Behind the times.

I've been with bankwest for 3 years and have not experienced any bad experience with them.
The only thing I dont like however is how slow the bank is to adopt new ways of banking. While all the other banks are chugging ahead constanly progressing and improving their services.
bankwest remains stuck in the past. One such thing is NFC payments which other banks have enjoyed for years yet bankwest has still to implement it after 3 years of it being requested.

Besides the incredibly slow adoption of new ways ( or not at all) it's an okay bank.

Albert Einstein
Albert EinsteinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Some good features

Good bits-can repay without direct debit. Flexible as can pay in part each week my monthly payup.
Bad- I lost my ATM card and cant phone them at all as can get through to them .And cant report it on their site.i'm going to have to Actually go to A branch

Syl
SylPerth, WA

Bankwest

Have been with bank many years. Had some issues in the past. Recent issue slow in getting dealt with however ended up being my error and I owe the bank an apology in this instance.

bailey79
bailey79QLD, 4179

OK

Overall I am happy with Bankwest. I dont really understand the ins and outs of the interest rates. They don't tell you when the rates go down or up (for savings accounts anyway). And they seem to offer better interest rates to new customers than existing ones which I find to be really unfair and quite sneaky (considering they know it is rare to change banks). But I will stick with them for the time being and hope the interest rate for my savings account increases as our economy regains strength.
Started off with an awesome interest rate. Easy to link account with another account from a different bank.
Interest rate on savings account has been drastically reduced, yet the interest rate on my credit card has ALWAYS remained the same.

john123366
john123366AU

Too long for credit card applications

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW

ProduktoKo
ProduktoKo

OK

I like the idea of being able to use a service for free although in this case i needed to have $2000.00 deposited in my account every month. Although i'm not required to maintain it, it would have been better if deposit requirement was reduced to $500.00 or better yet not required at all. Using my Bankwest debit card for balance checking or withdrawals with another bank without service fee is likewise great. I just wish they would include more banks so that I am not limited to only 1 other bank.
Transaction fee free on debit account
Requires deposit of $2000.00 every month

SarahJ15
SarahJ15

OK

We have had the account for 2 years and although interest rates have dropped dramatically, as with all banks, we are happy with the service. They don't send out a lot of statements which we don't require anyway.
We chose Bankwest to open our child's saving account due to their competitive interest rates and no account keeping fees. Some branches have coin machines which takes the hassle out of depositing large 'money box' collections.
Not all branches have a coin machine. They only have a couple of tellers on service at a time, if you get stuck behind someone with a more complex banking need it can be slow service.

wailing
wailing

myopi08
myopi08

OK

High interest rate on saving was the main reason I opened an internet based saving account with Bank West. At that time, Bank West hasn't expanded their branches yet to the Eastern States. All the application was done online and by post. One day I got a problem to access my account online, and I called the customer service call centre. The call centre was unfriendly and rude. I hoped Bank West could improve their customer service over the phone.
Since Bank West has expanded to Eastern States and opened many branches, I have not visited their branches yet.
Relatively high interest rate (saving)
Poor and unfriendly customer service (call centre).

Stompy
StompyVictoria, 3058

davlin
davlinPerth, WA

OK

Customer service has been good and its been bad, mostly good though. Like the kid saver account I can recommend that one.
The Kids saver account is excellent with 10 % interest if you stick to the rules.
I am still with them despite them giving me 2 loans, yes 2 loans for the same property, 2 seperate account numbers for the same home. Yep they recond I borowed 560k on the same house went it only cost 400k.Still they wore there stuff up with no fee cost to me, just a little panic.Hey they also lost my title they were storing, took 5 days to find.

hahudson
hahudson

OK

I have found them very good when it comes to investing money there staff over the phone are quite help full. The internet acc lacks a little no bells or whistlesyou cannot send direct fast transfer like most banks. But they are willing to work a bit harder on term deposits other banks just don't want your bussiness were bankwest really excelled. But I guess its who you get. I would be conserned doing other banking due to lack of branches lots of bussiness centres thou. But ordinary cust can't go there
They offer good interest rates online
Not many branches most are for bussiness

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.