Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ehsan
EhsanSydney, NSW

Awful, irresponsible bank I have ever seen. Closing my account without any reason

From 2018. Not a reliable bank. Awful experience. Rude staffs. They are not responsive, rude, and don’t care about customers. Careless, irresponsible banking system that ever existed. Not willing to be with it.

Maxim K
Maxim K

Worst kind of banking, terrible customer service

Most terrible banking and customer service I have ever experienced, they treat their customers like criminals. Frozen my account without any notice merely because I transferred my own money from another bank to the BankWest account. Still operating like a 1960s bank in these modern days. Utterly callous and incompetent customer service staff and its managers. The only remaining branch in Sydney staffed and catered by some rude bunch of people. I think Australia’s financial regulator should closely review this bank’s suitability to exist in the market. Many third world nation’s banks are much more reliable, professional and service oriented then what this BankWest is.

Oxana T.
Oxana T.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad experience, would not recommend to anyone

Was with the bank over 10 years, interest and fees paid on time. However, once I got the problem - no support, nor accepting the responsibilities for the error. Had to submit complaint to AFCA, Bankwest provided only part of information and hidden the disadvantageous one

Chris G.
Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service, false claims..

I have been with Bankwest for 1 day and I have had nothing but issues. They make false claims online, I guess to compete with other banks but can not make good on it.

Nicole
Nicole

Best bank I’ve ever dealt with

Moved my mortgage to bankwest two years ago and have never had an issue. If I log an answer online they respond in the chat immediately and a call back never takes more then a day.
Very informative and helpful every time I’ve dealt with them

Bec
BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst bank in the history of the universe

Bankwest is the worst business I have ever dealt with in my life. Consistently freezing our accounts due to “fraud” and always requiring us to visit a branch to rectify an issue, very old and outdated software and systems.

Atrocious phone banking

Had to call customer service because internet banking advised that I needed to call customer service to cancel a B-Pay transaction. 45 minutes on hold to get call answered. Extremely difficult to understand customer service operator. Couldn't find details of the regular monthly transaction coming out of credit card despite 12 months of regular transactions coming out of account. Can't cancel it on the website, B/W customer service has no record of B-Pay scheduled payment! absolutely useless customer service and zero ownership of the problem! This is a really poor third rate bank.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pre-approval means nothing. Avoid!!

We sort pre approval prior to making an offer on a place which was approved after submitting all our financials and formal bank valuations. We decided to place a deposit on a place that was $45k cheaper than our pre approval and this was valued at the purchase price.

Nothing changed except for more income and the formal approval was declined. Still a strong chance we won’t see our deposit.

Unethical and lacks integrity. Plenty of other lenders. I would avoid this one.

Memememememe
MemememememeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Welcome to 1980 banking

Stacey W.
Stacey W.Sydney, NSW

Taking your money as daylight robbery in fees - the most appalling company values - they do not give a damn about you

Alana W.
Alana W.Hunter Region, NSW

Unacceptable phone banking

47 minutes on the phone (and counting) waiting to speak to someone. All I’m waiting for is a payout figure. One figure!! Unacceptable. Can’t wait to move my business elsewhere!!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

CaroC
CaroC

Terrible - avoid BankWest for construction loans

BankWest approved a small construction loan and kept delaying settlement until eventually they told us we need to move all our own savings and cash into their bank before they would settle the small construction loan. Ridiculous. And then will not provide a letter to the builder to say the loan is approved. Very very difficult to deal with. Time to change banks and we haven't even started with them. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Simon D.
Simon D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Phone Service

Tried to get through to this bank after re-financing with them through an Aussie broker. Waited an hour and had to give up. Bit worried what I have done. On hold now giving another go (15 mins and counting).

Dan J
Dan JPerth, WA

Refused service as I was not a BankWest customer

I was refused service, changing a $100 of $20’s into $10 notes, as I was not a BankWest customer. Now I will never be a BankWest customer. Butler branch.
Surely the bank should be bigger than that

TopicGeneral Transactions
Josh D
Josh DCharlestown, NSW

Gotten worse and worse

I joined Bankwest in 2010. It had excellent customer service, and real branches in NSW then. Now they have closed all their branches and you have to wait at least 30min on hold on the phone to do anything of importance. The staff are now FAR less professional, for instance use your first name by default whereas in the branch and over the phone they used to address you properly. I have had to call them for 2 separate reasons in the last few weeks, and both times the staff have given me completely incorrect advice which has wasted my time. It feels like you are calling centrelink now.

Nader
Naderasked
BankWest

With homeloans, As Bankwest is a subsidiary of combank . Will title search show mortgage CBA or Bankwest ?

Michelle C.
Michelle C.asked
BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked
Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

sammy
sammy

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.