BankWest

BankWest (page 3 of 10)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Lorina Celeban
Lorina CelebanSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Locked out of internet banking. Tried to reset password but my phone number was incorrect on file. Called customer service to update phone number. After 1 house 25 minutes on the phone. Was informed that I need to go to a branch to update password or they can post one in the mail. My branch was closed 3 years ago. No branches near me. This account was opened at a post office. Very poor customer service from [Name Removed] the team leader at Perth. I will be taking my banking elsewhere.

IMG
IMGPerth, WA

International transfer with Bankwest - like you threw money out of the window

DEE
DEESouthwest, VIC

Worst bank and service I've ever experienced

Was trying to get a top up on my exsisting loan. Was told everything would be fine and would get approved within a week.
I waited 6 weeks for an answer and they denied my application. I will be taking my mortgage loan elsewhere.

marlin
marlinSydney, NSW

Definitely would not advise anyone to sign up with this profit hungry organization

Biggest rip off bank in Australia giving out fees for anything they possibly can. I definitely would not advise anyone to sign up with this profit hungry organization. Well below average customer service provided. Beware of all the additional hidden fees and charges.

Carla C.
Carla C.Sydney, NSW

Most rude call centre and convoluted processes

I joined BankWest before CBA took over when it had more accessible branches. Now branches are not accessible, relying on call centre to perform is a nightmare. Always long waiting queues, a less than 5 min basic call can turn into days of drama. Of course, no one calls back when they promise to, on the same day. I only receive email to provide feedback when it’s a positive experience. Why don’t I receive the same feedback survey when I have a negative experience????

Michael W.
Michael W.South East Queensland, QLD

You cannot trust your details with Bankwest!! I was given all of theirs!!

Really think you can trust Bankwest??? When asking for some account data from Bankwest, I was sent confidential account details from a different company!!??
No confidentiality statement, no expectations, no... .Just here take these!!???
If you cannot trust a bank to keep your details safe???
Sales, customers orders and all the accounts!!??

What do you do when your bank hands out corporate details???

Abandon Bankwest and keep your business safe!!!

Brad M.
Brad M.

Has gone to the absolute garbage

Terrible wait times across the business, just really poor in every aspect. I would pinpoint the change to when Commonwealth bank acquired it. Avoid, they need to do better and be held accountable by customers going elsewhere.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Dan
Dan

Please avoid this bank like the plague as they've gone downhill since CommBank took over!

Leaving a customer stranded without cash advances while overseas in Jan 2015. Contacting me by mail recently for information that should have been requested between 2013-2015. Then also contacting me by phone today when I'd already mailed it in twice in the last two months.

Investor
InvestorSydney, NSW

Bank Less, Bankwest - Totally False!

I recently opened an account and Bankwest made the process extremely hard and after opening the account discovered conditions that were not made clear during the account opening process. I chatted online with someone yesterday and they promised to get back to me by the close of business and it is now the next afternoon and they have not got back to me. Poor service - they should change their slogan to "Bank Anywhere, but Bankwest."

jayde marshall
jayde marshallPerth, WA

There are other banks out there, skip this one and give them ago, they aren't all the same.

Lending criteria - very poor
customer service - very poor
enquiry on your name - very poor and unrealistic

TonyMc
TonyMcPerth, WA

Absolutely painfully shockingly slow

Other Banks

Stay clear if you are a business customer or see the pain

You can be wasting your entire life to do the simplest task with this bank.
Stay a way and save yourself from headaches and regrets.
You simply can't get anything done with this bank unless you spend few working days to get even simplest things done.

Worst bank ever

Emma
EmmaPerth, WA

Excellent Service at Bankwest Armadale

I was visiting Armadale branch this morning and impressed with the CS and Teller extra efforts to serve us customers. The teller helped me to reactivate my dormant account efficiently and effectively deliver the service. So glad that my problem solved quickly. Appreciation for Bankwest Armadale for its excellent services.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Make a coffee you'll be here a while

One hour and twenty minutes on hold. I cannot remember the last time a company left me on hold for so long.....I think Telstra maybe 10 years ago. I was ringing to find out why their adds are offering an interest rate far lower than what I was getting, the excuse I didn't ask for it. I advised them if they adjusted mine and everyone else automatically we wouldn't be on hold for an hour and twenty minutes to ask for it. Don't do business with these guys it's exhausting.

YWS
YWSSydney, NSW

Slow and unhelpful

Take days to transfer payment over $1000, even though it's to another AU bank and a linked account. When unauthorised transaction happens, the helpline is never answered and staff unhelpful.

Minsta
MinstaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bankwest has yet to lower my interest rates

TheReciprocist
TheReciprocist

Most customer-unfriendly bank I’ve ever dealt with

Dealing with Bankwest is just one hassle after another. This bank seems obsessed with making the simplest things an ordeal.

Want to set up a direct debit for your credit card account? You need to fill out a paper form and submit it, then wait a few weeks. Then they’ll randomly direct debit your account on a random date and not explain it.

Want to change some of your account details? There’s also a paper form, and you have to photocopy all documents and bring them into a branch, rather than scan them in. Your nearest branch is a couple hundred kilometres away? Too bad.

If you don’t want stress after stress, don’t bother.

SCS
SCSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank ever

I applied for my home loan in November 2020 and I literally have 3days till settlement and still haven’t got official approval. I am only going through them because of my broker if I didn’t have days left I would’ve cancelled everything and gone through someone else. Just ridiculous.

Kiran
KiranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Bank, dont fall for it

I have a home loan with them for the past two years and these guys only care about their fees but nothing else. They don't care about customers. If possible stay away from these guys.

Garry Hookey
Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor customer service and incompetence

I have decided to cancel my Bankwest accounts. In order to have my saving balances deposited into a linked account I had to change my linked account details. I have provided my new linked account details three times. As of now they have asked for information which I have provided and been approved by a staff member at its Helensvale office. I have never encountered an incompetent bank such as Bankwest. Avoid it as there are more professional banks such as a credit union.

nick irwin
nick irwinHunter Region, NSW

home loan and general banking

We have 2 loans and our everyday accounts with Bankwest, never had a issue with them. They have been great to deal with. Only thing sometimes wait times are a little long when you call. But its a australian call centre!

Business Loan Application, drawn-out and painful

Applied for a small business loan this year (2020) for equipment that we could technically already buy outright but wanted to pay off gradually. It took BankWest ages to decide and asked for the same paperwork multiple times. They eventually declined us for the loan, claiming that we were running at an extreme loss and we’re too risky as a small business, strange lending criteria. Lot of screwing around and false reassurances up until the last minute. Do yourself a favour and avoid the runaround, plenty of other banks and options! Just terrible.

Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Odd lending criteria - I inquired to transfer a mortgage from a major bank to BankWest for the lower rates. My inquiry was rejected being told that I did not meet their "risk appetite" because I have shares and an income from a non-bank lender.
Nothing else mattered.

Bankwest Glen Waverley

Great to get assistance by George and staff at the Glen today . Refreshing to see dedication and going above the call of duty to help me out 5 stars .I