BankWest

BankWest (page 4 of 10)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bankwest Glen Waverley

Great to get assistance by George and staff at the Glen today . Refreshing to see dedication and going above the call of duty to help me out 5 stars .I

Mara.p
Mara.pHobart, TAS

Appalling service and communication

Daughter had offer accepted on a home loan, the finance broker pushed her to accept bank west mortgage product, bank west told her that she was approved conditionally right up until the final day when finance was required whereupon she was told she did not earn enough in her second job so they would not be approving her home loan.
If they had been upfront initially she could have shopped around for other loans but to leave it till the very last day defies belief!
Heartbreaking miserable institution, my advice is avoid, there are many other banks out there with better communications and more professional dealings.

Francis H.
Francis H.Sydney, NSW

Slow Response Time and Other Problems with Complex Securities Team

CJS
CJS

BankWest call centre is run by Laurel and Hardy

We had an old account that suddenly started getting charged a fee for paper statements. Went online to close it, but wouldn't. It too four different calls to the call centre for them to work out it was because they needed new photo id because of 2006 money laundering legislation, which they had never communicated to us about. Three different call centre operators could not diagnose the issue.

Edit: It gets better. We just found out that having gone through all the hassle they told us to go through to fix it (getting IDs certified and posted off), they told us the wrong thing. They even admitted they told us the wrong thing! Now we have to sort it out in a branch and the nearest one is 30min away.

Sarah.R
Sarah.RPerth, WA

Home loan App

Do these people even work during the day ? Seriously waiting so long for our home loan to be approved it's ridiculous give them what they ask for and it still isn't enough an absolute joke. Hurry up and say yes or no .there are other lenders we could go through !!!!

Regular Aussie
Regular AussieWestern Australia

Stole money out of our accounts

Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.Sydney, NSW

The worst bank I’ve ever used!!!!!

Bank west business banking has been the worst experience with a company I’ve ever had to date. Constantly freezing our company accounts (when I’m internet shopping and the website glitches) they lock every and all my loans and mortgages have defaulted and they made me and two directors all drive 4 hours to present at a branch with 100 points of ID. When we finally arrived the BankWest Sydney city branch did not greet me, rudely sat me down and when I complained of my experience they said ok then why don’t you shut your accounts? What kind of establishment is this? Absolutely horrible customer service, poor processes, over the top security So you can hardly ever access your money. I highly highly discourage anyone from using this bank!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Shane
ShanePerth

Snail pace in service

Found many times so slow in transferring my money from my account to another bank takes ages.
Where another bank i use its instant transfer.
How come being so slow these days with your technology software.
Should be instant this is the age of technology not paper sorting.
I will be closing my account with Bankwest.

Dominic B.
Dominic B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Non Covid Friendly and Terrible Fraud department

jay
jaySydney, NSW

worst bank in the world

worst bank ever. Got scammed for all my life savings and bank refuse to help me, spoke to be so rude and im currently taking this bank to court. Be aware of this bank

Lex
LexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BankWest Fraud Department

The Bankwest fraud department are the most unprofessional, unqualified degenerates Bankwest you really need to re-evaluate the process of your fraud department spastics there assumptions for the third time has cost me $30000 because these idiots at Bankwest blocked my accounts 3 times after l already verified the transactions l made where 100% legitimate but no Bankwest thinks they know better & cost me a job valued at $30K & a knew client & all l get back from Bankwest is sorry for any inconveniences but then decides to block my accounts again because l received a $11K deposit from selling my car & it’s been 3 weeks & it’s still blocked. What a stupid bank people beware of these Bankwest thieves.

Haidery
HaideryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Are you sure you want to apply for Home Loan with Bankwest?

I have been with the Bankwest for almost 3 years now - thankfully will close all my accounts with them in few days. I have fully lost my confidence in this bank. They will turn its back to you when you need them. There are so many banks in the market so think twice, thrice ... before you apply with this ripoff Money-hungry bank.

Lex
LexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap n Joke

Bankwest you bunch of idiots you have done nothing but inconvenience me how many times are you going to block my accounts for no reason the fraud department needs to learn how to detect fraud because there assumptions that cost me money have always been wrong & let’s not talk about the bad attitude & ignorance of Bankwest employees & mangers Never bank with these crap & a bunch of criminals you will get your day bankwest

Horrible Experience -> financial difficulty now

I applied for a Bankwest Home Loan via my broker. They approved of my scenario and issued me an Unconditional/Formal Approval. The Formal Approval was clear-cut and not subject to any conditions. I went unconditional on my contract for the home I purchase and paid the deposit. Then, Bankwest revoked the formal approval. This has placed me in a very precarious financial situation where I am at great risk of losing my deposit of around $26,000.

Steven Bruni
Steven BruniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy Chappy

Caro
CaroPerth, WA

We’re here when you need us.........shame on you for making such false claims!

This Bank will give you an umbrella on a sunny day and take it back when it's raining ! They are not there when you need them........ and it's indecent they are able to make such claims. Complete lack of empathy and totally ruthless BEWARE

Vibing G.
Vibing G.Sydney, NSW

Hidden fees that never happened before...

Bankwest has been charging me foreign transaction fees when the products I bought were Australian. They said that if the transaction is processed in US then you get charged although the amount suppliers processed were in AUD. Both the suppliers in past 2 month have said that they processed it in AUD but the 3rd party they are using in US and they have never heard of such a case. Definitely going to change as soon as COVID settles down. I have bought from these suppliers before and never had the extra charge. They said as soon as you put your debit card details it is treated like a credit card. Really disappointed at their dodginess.

Alla
AllaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware!!! 2 Months To Re-finance A Loan.... Pathetic Service!!!

Angela N.
Angela N.South East Queensland, QLD

This bank has been amazing during COVID

Customer service for financial assistance has been absolutely amazing. They have been empathetic and fast acting.

I have been banking with BankWest for over 5 years, I am very impressed and will not g BF e changing.

Angela

Live
LiveDarwin, NT

Hand balling is customer service these days

Speaking to a home loan staff me never Jessica D Home Finance Manager in WA, after she gets backs to be days/ week later, she advised she was going on leave and could not help, and to call up to get so one new.

I advised happy to wait and that works with Well with me.

Then refused to help saying must contact the phone number to get help. ( this was after the phone staff advised to use the contact us on the website)

Eoin
EoinPerth, WA

Service non existent at malaga branch. An embarrassment to banking

Malaga branch is just shocking service
Over an hour for a simple transaction
Also stated a simple bank transfer would take 5 to 7 days but could offer immediate transfer for 35 dollars.
This was done to a woman in
Her 80s I was just helping her out.

Abdel
AbdelPerth, WA

East or west don’t bank with bankwest

BankWest branch in cancelled my card without my request to find out that I need to stay from Saturday till Tuesday without any access to my account, I called they said to take id and drive to the bank to get cash out went there to find out that the bank been closed the whole day called again and they told them just to activate it so I can use my Apple Pay to buy food and put petrol and they didn’t care

CGSYD
CGSYDSydney, NSW

Covid Hardship Package vs Hardship - Be VERY CAREFUL!!!!

ruki
ruki

Worst Bank for customer service

Have been with them for more than 30 years. Not helpful at all. Extremely inflexible and does not care about the older customers who need help at the counters who are unable to do online banking.

C.W
C.WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank ever

Worst bank ever, very inflexible with their policies. Have been with Bankwest for a while - okay if you don't require any assistance from them however, the minute you do, very hard to get hold of anyone, unwilling to assist you to retain you as a customer. just provide you with a template response. they don't care about their customers. App is basically unusable so is their banking website!!! AVOID AT ALL COST.