BankWest

BankWest (page 4 of 4)

Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

smassie
smassieAU

Love Bankwest!

Online Home Loan

Read all the Negative Reviews and thought I should share my experience till day. I applied for online Home loan with BankWest. Got call from their representative next day. She was great. She asked me a couple of questions and to send related scanned documents. Firstly I got conditional and then unconditional approval, all within a week. Service and communication was great. I could not expect anything better than this even in face to face banking. Thumbs Up for BankWest !!!!!

Just wondering how next experience would be around settlement time............
Great Service and Communication, Cheapest home loan......

Fabulous

shaper
shaperPerth, WA

madellen
madellenAU

I had resigned myself to always being unhappy with my bank until I discovered BankWest. I then moved all my accounts over from one of the big 4. After years of bad service and rediculous bank fees I have never been happier with a banking service.
Excellent products with competitive rates. Great service on the phone and easy to use online banking.
Nothing yet!

Honest_Marketer
Honest_Marketer

Great at getting your business very poor at keeping it

illicit_angel
illicit_angel

Great access to ATMS (CBA and Bankwest) with no account fees or charges, Great variety of products. Ensure you take the time to read the product disclosure statement when choosing your product, as I did, and I get the best deal on my savings and transaction account. The staff at my local branch are extremely helpful in helping us choose the right product. Overall very different to the big 4 banks.
great range of services, very helpful staff, no fees when you select the right product. Funky looking branch design
Nothing so far but it is a bank so you'll have to pay fees as per what is disclosed in the PDS.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Cashedup
CashedupSA

shellfreak
shellfreak

Bad

Bankwest were peerless when they were owned by HBOS, but they are nowhere near the same force in everyday banking now they are under the wing of the CBA. They pioneered many of the innovations we are now seeing in other banks, but have lost their own way a bit since doing so. I'd be looking elsewhere now with my money.
Still reasonably competitive fees, though less so since the CBA bought them out.
The buy out by the Commonwealth bank, which led to bankwest losing its innovative edge. Also they have too may gimmicky" interest rates which lead you to believe you are getting a better deal than you are.

heytherek
heytherek

Bad

I ditched this bank not that long ago and went with a credit society. The big banks just want too much in fees and don't want to give much back to their customers. I did like the style of their revamped branches.
They have recently revamped a lot of their branches which look very modern and nice. As far as banks go they are alright and have good customer service. But I would not want to bank with them again, as they have too many fees.
They have a lot of fees and do not pass on enough to the customer.

missjetpilot
missjetpilot

My local stores are amazing!! I have four accounts with them, and there has not been one problem. My local Bank West staff know me by name, and are more than happy to help me with my finance. I applied for the BankWest e-Saver, and was somehow rejected by their office in Perth. They spent about one hour on the phone to their OWN call centre to figure it out, while I went shopping. I come back and they have the answer for me. THANKYOU BANKWEST
The acoounts, no fees, high interest, the free coffee/hot chocolate machine, the staff, ease of use, student account (comes with debit card) everything Bank west offers!!!
Ab - so - lut - ely NOTHING at all, only their Customer Call Centre. :(

bilo1
bilo1

Bank West is different banking. It is happy banking. They also have resonable fees and Customer Service. It is also great that they have joined with the Commonwealth, so know yo u can use any ATM. I think Bank West is the best bank in Australia.
Everything.
Nothing at all.

beefabear77
beefabear77

We have just a straight-forward everyday account with them & we have not had any problems whatsoever. I will give 5 stars to any bank that lets you use any ATM without penalty!!
No excess fees at any ATM!
Other fees that they do charge are excessive.

Mobbsie
Mobbsie

Overall I am a big fan of the Bankwest, they are competitive and offer great rates and services to its customers. They do not charge fees on many of their accounts, nor do they charge fees in relation to withdrawals/ATMS. Bankwest is a very modern versatile bank which assists its customers in any way possible to keep their clients business or to obtain new clients business.
Excellent home loans, cheap rates, user friendly internet sites, great branches, very friendly staff extremely willing to help.
Have experienced that sometimes the staff can be a little slack in getting back to you.

Vespera
Vespera

Bankwest was certainly a surprising bank when it first opened-bright orange with a really amusing tv and kid-friendly playgrounds. You never have to wait longer than a few minutes, and as a bonus; you get freebies in the form of beverages and souveneirs! Even the waiting isn't bad, with such things to entertain you. Coupled with the competitive interest rates and wonderful service, Bankwest is the best bank I've found yet.
Really good interest rates for deposits, good rates for children accounts as well, it's cute and really good customer service.
I haven't found anything to dislike about it, it's such a happy bank!

mrmagoo
mrmagoo

Memphis35
Memphis35

Usually have the highest interest savings accounts, lowest fees on transaction accounts and competitive Home Loans and Credit Cards. Typically a market leader in deposit products and credit cards.
Highest interest savings accounts, both online and Term Deposit. Fee free transaction accounts that either pay 5% interest or have free ATM transactions from other banks ATM's. Low Home Loan rates and credit cards are good particularly Lite MasterCard at ~11%. Kids savings account at 10% is especially good. Always coming out with new products too.
Not much but online banking could use a spruce up.