Barbagallo

Barbagallo

See the Best Car Dealerships in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Barbagallo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8

Volvo repairs owned by Barbagallo - terrible!

Customer service

If I could rate a minus I would.
Their customer service is appalling.
They are totally arrogant.
Their service center for Volvo is something you’d come across in a third world country.
I strongly suggest that they spend some time with the John Hughes team who actually know how to treat customers no matter what, that’s how he became the most successful car dealer in WA maybe even in Australia.

Stephen H.
Stephen H.Perth, WA

Awful customer service from U.K. very staff member so far.

Ang
AngPerth, WA

Quoted $8500 worth of repairs that were not required at all. Total thieves

Bought a preowned S/C V8 Range Rover Sport, I got Barbagallo to look it over. They quoted $8500 repairs. I took it to three other places and all stated-absolutely none of the repairs were required. And the horrific customer service was an embarassment. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place like the plague!!!!

John buckley
John buckleyPerth, WA

Poor costomer service

I ca not believe the mechanic for alpha romeo has not once called me.

Service with Alpha Romeo, absolutely appalling to a point I am going to seek compensation, my mothers car was taken into service because the transmission wasn't going into gear, with 8 days the car had transmission fluid poring out, I have waited nearly 4 months, [name removed] the mechanic for Alpha Romeo supposedly fixed this issue, after returning the vehicle with more issues than stated, i will be seeking compensation via my lawyer, this guy never contacted me neither did he understand this is now a court matter. I picked the car up over the weekend and it has a really bad oil leak again that was an issue documented however he did not comply. I've waited nearly 15 plus weeks and this has cost me on rental vehicles etc.

OnTheWrongPlanet
OnTheWrongPlanetCentral Queensland, QLD

Dishonest and very poor service

Once you spend near $100k on a car they don't want to know or hear from you again.
Service lied about brake pad thickness (I'm a mechanic and replaced them 600kms before service with genuine items). Manager stuck by his team instead of sorting out the obvious crap.
Owner loves prancing around like a social butterfly but being dishonest gets around and employing toolheads does not get a return customer.
Have purchased another highend luxury car over east for way better price that paid for the holiday, taxes and transport back compared to supporting LoverBoy and his fellow toolies.
If only Karma were true.

Unbelievably bad service

AdamB

As a postscript... A hire car was provided for quite a long time after this post was written. The engine ended up being replaced and I've not had any more problems in the past 3 months.

Other Car Dealerships

Fix oil leak, well attempt...

Phil
PhilPerth

Never again

Attempted to look at car at Osborne Park dealership, was told the car I was interested in was on long term loan to a family friend of the owner. Went to Cannington, had everything ready to spend 100k, then had to deal with the finance guy who spoke to me like I was an idiot and the accused me of lying about my financial situation.

Great cars, poor service.

Will never go there again

Tommyknocker
TommyknockerPerth, WA

Poor customer service

Called the parts department to ask the price for supplying and fitting of suspension parts. Girl on the phone said she would get someone to call me back. Three weeks later, still waiting. Feel hesitant about having my Jaguar serviced there now. Maybe Roadbend or Wilf Chambers will provide better service.

vin
vin

Barbagallo - Expensive Expensive Expensive

I called them & ask for diagnostic check on my Skoda Superb. They said its $180 one of fee to check it. Lol.
Other dealers charge by per hour. if they spend half a hour then they will charge accordingly. Luckily I did not go there & went to RAC & only small adjustment has to be done which they did. RAC provide free diagnostic every year if you are a member.

Barnyardgambler
Barnyardgambler

It's as bad as they say

Refused to honor new car warranty on two issues, just paid lip service, (A/C system and defective trim from new) took two years for them to finally order replacement trim, didn't notify me, then hide behind the fact that the warranty has now expired!!!

They had the nerve to offer me the trim 'at cost' even though I can get genuine trim for half of what they offered.

Service campaign should have been carried out prior to delivery. Just bad all round. Bad battery replaced with wrong type. Clueless & arrogant staff.

Goldfish have a better memory

The service centre staff lack one key component "Service" they take no responsibility, don't follow up with clients then when questioned they run to a manager to deal with the client.
For a dealership that sells luxury cars they need to provide a luxury service to clients. They fail each time I have dealt with them. Customer Service Training?

Mikgsxr
MikgsxrAU

They lie about service intervals

They lie about how often you have to get your car serviced to get you to go more often and spend more money. My car has factory advised intervals of 1 year or 15,000 kms. Barbagallo routinely call me every 6 months and tell me it is overdue for a service. They also list 6 months or 10,000km in the service log which is not correct. I only know because I researched it through the manufacturer. I can only imagine how many people have no idea they are over-servicing their cars and giving these liars a fortune.