The worst company I have ever dealt with Bar none.

The worst company I have ever dealt with. Even the managers don’t call back when they promise to. New connection, now at end of second week and nothing. Blame everybody else but themselves. Spend more time blaming people than trying to resolve the issue. Their staff and management talk to you as if you are idiots. Rude, talk over you constantly and call you MATE all the time. AUSTRALIAs broadband connectivity and the whole industry is a joke. Every time I’m out with friends I hear another NBN anas provider joke. How do you spend this much money and still not get it right.

Start DateJune 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Distressed, We are terribly sorry to hear this. Can you please confirm your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The Barefoot teamHmm, Do I really think this will help my case ? Amazing the quickest response I have had so far in two weeks is when you start going to social media and review sites.If you don't normally have issues with Clients and connections (So stated by your support desk) then I'm sure you can find out who in South Eastern Queensland is currently having issues and resolved them for all of us! However, if you are having so many issues you can't find my account then we have a real issue don't we :-)

Great Service, Top Value and Excellent Support.

I have been a Barefoot customer for a few years and have only needed to contact them on a couple occasions.. one for technical support and once for account information.
I was amazed when i rang Tech Support 10 mins before the end of the working day, they returned my call about 30 mins after they closed and told me they always got back to people in the que, regardless of time of day. Helpful and Professional support from Australian staff.. no overseas call centres to deal with.

The NBN Service has been reliable, and i have always received notification from Barefoot is there was ever a service disruption in my area.

I contacted them again today with a small account inquiry, and they were fast, helpful and gave me great service again. no complaints here.

I Highly recommend Barefoot for a no fuss, reliable service, at great value.

Start DateSeptember 2016
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Andrew S, Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, it is much appreciated by all of the team! Regards, The Barefoot team

Affordable & Reliable

I've been with Barefoot Telecom for approx 1 year and have been extremely happy thus far. The setup was seamless, literally plug and play with no hiccups. Although I haven't really needed to contact them, the team are very friendly, helpful and informative when I have. I have had no issues with the connection that I can remember and if I have it obviously wasn't down very long. Speed is extremely consistent regardless of the time of day (I'm on FTTN NBN50, approx 150/m from the node). Barefoot don't overdo the marketing and are excellent in their communication. No ridiculous or hidden fees and extremely affordable. I recommend them anytime I'm asked who I'm with for my internet. The one thing I can recommend for anyone (in general, not just Barefoot customers) is to do the research and look in to purchasing a quality modem router (unfortunately I am unable to comment on Barefoot's router available for purchase, as I didn't purchase it and therefore don't use it - this isn't to say that it's bad).

Start DateApril 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Cameron K, Thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience. Regards, The Barefoot team

Barefoot is the best !

OK , Barefoot has always been responsive and upfront from the start , and very easy to communicate with. My only issues have been with the NBN service being somewhat unreliable in terms of speed and consistency. My line is approx 250M from the node , so you'd expect that I'd get the highest speeds the majority of the time but that is not the reality.

Barefoot is not to blame for their suppliers shortcomings.

I have the 50MBPS service and can get up to that speed if I pick my times well , but as soon as my near local High school is open , the speeds go down.
I've spoken to other local users with other ISP's and they have much bigger issues.

So , I'm very happy with Barefoot !

Start DateJanuary 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi B2BR, Thanks for your great feedback! Glad to hear we have provided you a good experience. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent product/service.

Lives up to it's claims, has just given me a further 3 months at the lower introductory rate, I'm so impressed because it was unexpected. Download and upload speeds are consistent and what we signed up for.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Great service. No issues. Support team very helpful

Connection stable. We are some distance from the local NBN node speed is 35-36 mbs download. Was same ratio as ADSL. Would be nice if a little faster, nonetheless happy.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mark, Thanks for your review. Regards, The Barefoot team.

Easy to deal with, do what they say they will do. Reliable service

Reliable, with constant download and upload speed. Download always between 45 & 47 Mbps. In nearly 12 months have only experienced just a very few short dropouts. We have a home phone VOIP service as part of the bundle, this has worked seamlessly, with better volume and clarity than our old ADSL service.

Start DateApril 2018
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Richard, Many thanks for your review! Glad to hear you have had a good experience. Regards, The Barefoot team

It's amazing what a difference good service makes!

I've been with Barefoot for about 12 months and they've been just fantastic. Connection was easy and the speed is consistently good.

But the real clincher is the customer service. When call Barefoot I usually get through in less than a minute, and not only when I was a potential new customer but afterwards too. Plus if the wait time is likely to be longer, they offer to call you back - and then they actually do! (Shocking right?) The staff there are always friendly and they know their stuff.

I recently had a look around for a cheaper price, and while I did find a plan that was a few dollars less per month, the reviews for that company were absolutely terrible. In the end it was Barefoot's excellent customer service that tipped the scales in their favour. I don't need to call them often, but when I do, I know it will be stress-free.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mel C, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Great customer service

I have always said that the true way to see how good a company is to make a complaint. Any organisation can be good when everything is going great and their customers are happy it is when things go wrong that first-rate companies shine. Barefoot Investor have provided my household with fantastic service! The first instance was a misunderstanding on my part. We signed up for the $89.00 for 6 months deal and then $99.00. The 6 months came up quickly and when I disputed their charge they explained in a polite, non-patronising manner my error. The 2nd instance was we started to experience up to 3 dropouts per day with our NBN. I contacted them, they responded to me within 24 hours saying they agreed that the number of dropouts was unacceptable and would deal with it. They asked for a bit more info from us and within 48 hours it was fixed. Thanks!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Amanda H, Wow, thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Great to hear we have dealt with your complaints well. Regards, The Barefoot team

So far so good

Spent 6 months on a byo month to month plan and have not had a single issue so far. Speeds have been great, setup was easy and their customer service has been perfect so far.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Hun, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Finally Telco provider in Oz that works out of the box

Giving 4 stars for old-looking members portal, everything else is great. This was our first move in Oz that did not require technician etc from telco company (we've been with Telstra and Optus directly before). Modem sent to our address worked in plug-and-play fasion. Also there 10GB 30$/mo deal for mobile phone for dsl customers is great value for money. When moving from ADSL to NBN also everything worked out of the box, and we didn't pay anything for technician.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nikola, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Absolutely fabulous first up experience!

Contacted Barefoot at around 3:00 pm yesterday, service was connected by 7:00 pm! - had to wait until this morning for telephonic advice for router set-up - then away we flew at 30 down/20 up at 9:00 am. Superb service from staff members - and I can actually understand them because they speak Ozspeak. If this experience persists, I will be one very happy geriatric.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi oldnugly, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team.

All Good

The connection has been reliable.
Started having WiFi dropping out and called support who traced it to the modem being faulty and then replaced it and paid postage for returning of faulty modem - all of which was organised and handled very smoothly.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jill, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

The service provided by Barefoot Telecom has been seamless. It is fantastic to have service needs met so readily and with tech experts without having to be on hold for hours on end. Very much appreciated.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Rob, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent service

Signed up online Friday arvo and was connected 10am Saturday morning after previously waiting 11 days to be connected by a different provider.

Thanks Barefoot Telecom

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi nikki82, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent ISP all round

Barefoot is probably the best ISP I've ever had. No lock in contracts, no joining or leaving fee, fast installation, helpful Aussie call centre... I'm not sure what they could do to improve! Superior service and value to all other ISPs.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Good Reliable service

Only dropouts have been NBN created or updates, good customer service to resolve NBN issue and set up of modem

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Ericneil, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

Barefoot NBN - Great service

We have a rental property and wanted to provide internet access for our overseas tenant.
Saw Barefoot on a Google search, prices looked good so gave them a go.
Received a phone message to say it would be installed on a specific date between 1.00pm and 5.00pm and to be at the house at that time.
The technician came at 1.30 and the job was completed by 2.00.
At 2.05 received a text message to say the Line and service were now active.
Entered details into the modem that we supplied and Hey Presto we were surfing the net.
Tenant Extremely happy so were we.
Excellent service, price and deal and customer service is here in OZ. AAA+++

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Signed up, got connected, works fine. Quick and helpful support.

With ISP providers, if you don't have a reason to give them thought let alone contact them, it means they are doing alright.
I signed up with Barefoot early September, and it "just works". No dropouts, no real slowdowns at any part of the day.

I did reach out to support during setup, because something had gone wrong due to my previous ISP going bust and instructing my connection to be disconnected, which was actioned just *after* I had been churned. So not Barefoot's fault, but they explained it well. So thumbs up for a fast and accurate response.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Koffer Koper, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words. Glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Very friendly and clear service said excactly how long it would take and they had me connected in a

Very good had no issue signing up they where very helpful everything was done in a matter of a couple of days sending the modem and getting connected.

I have had no connection issues so far.

very easy to deal with would recomend them to anyone.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The Barefoot team