Barefoot Telecom

Barefoot Telecom Questions & Answers

ADSL and NBN

24 questions from our users

My home address is 489 Redland Bay Road Capalaba QLD 4157. - do you provide ADSL in this area? - what is the average speed at peak hours in this area? Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Is Barefoot and Mate telecom same company ?
Yes they are.Yes. Barefoot will be shown as Mate Communicate in your bank statement.Hi kumar, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company operating separate retail brands.

Hey I was just wondering for adsl what are the network speeds to choose from in megabits per second (mbps)?
Hi Kyle, The maximum theoretical speed on an ADSL servce is up to 20Mbps. In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

What is your outgoing mail server? Have searched everywhere, but not a whisper of it anywhere (not on your website; not sent in an email to us; not a question asked and answered on a forum that I could find). Thank you.
I don’t have a outgoing Mail Server via Barefoot sorry. Neither do I currently have a Website - I cancelled my Account thru Barefoot several Months back.

Hi Guy's looking to set up internet comnection. Just abit unsure if there is an upfront connection fee if BYO modem?
Hi Tee K, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Does Barefoot supply their own modem?
Hi Karin, you can buy our modem for $149.00 its a Netcomm NF8ACV AC1600 or you can use your own device as long as its compatible.

What are the sip settings for voip with barefoot, all router voip settings?
Hi Chris, Please email support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can advise.Hi Chris, I only signed up for the Internet. Regards, Rizni

Does Barefoot provide a public IP address?
Hi ChulJoong K, We provide a public, static IP with our services.

I still have about 12 months to run out on an adsl+2 contract with my current isp if I was to switch over to this company would I have to run out my existing contravct to go from asdl+2 to nbn?
Hi Shane, If you are under contract you would most likely have to wait until this expires to avoid disconnection fees, however please email your full address to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise.

Dooes Barefoot direct debit only? Or are there other payment methods?
Hi da11a5, The only payment method we offer is direct debit via a credit or debit card (VISA/Mastercard or AMEX). We do not offer payment methods through bank accounts or BPay unfortunately. Regards, The Barefoot team

Hi there, do you provide a mail service ?
Hi 0b1, We do not provide email services.

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx
HI hydraflexx, Unfortunately we do not offer a 4G backup solution at this point.

Hi, What is a "fixed wireless connection" - how is it better? what does it do specifically that there is an extra charge for this thanks Ashleigh
A fixed wireless connection is when the internet is transmitted wirelessly to your premises, similar to your mobile phone, but more stable. From what I can gather, fixed wireless is better than an ADSL 2 connection, but not as good as an NBN fibre connection. I'm assuming you're referring to fixed wireless being more expensive than ADSL?Fixed wireless is similar to 4g on your cellphone but has a guaranteed minimum speed that will be delivered to you unlike your cell phone which varies on the amount of traffic on the network. It's more expensive because cables can guarantee a certain speed however wireless connections usually fluctuate.Hi Private, nbn™ Fixed Wireless technology is a type of nbn technology. A fixed wireless connection is typically used in circumstances where the distance between premises can be many kilometres. In this circumstance data travels from a transmission tower located as much as 14kms from a premises to a rooftop antenna that will be fitted by an approved nbn™ Installer. Fixed wireless connections also require an nbn™ network device to be installed at the point where the cable from the roof antenna enters your home.

Hi there, We are thinking to switch from Telstra to you for NBN service. Our modem is TG799vac. Is this one usable for your service? Thanks, Woo-Hwa
Hi Woo-Hwa, thanks for contacting us. We suggest calling our support team as depending on the service NBN or ADSL the modem might not be compatible, also the modem could be locked to the Telstra network.

Hello, looking at connecting in a new property in Drummoyne NSW. Was wondering what the upload and download speeds are for your $49 unlimited ADSL2 is?
Hi Milo, Thank you for your enquiry. In order for us to see what you can get and advise speeds, we will need to do a service qualification check on your address. Could you please email our support team your full address including any unit/street numbers to support@barefoottelecom.com.au Regards The Barefoot Team

Hi, I want too switch my I primus account to Barefoot. I am at The Ponds, NSW 2769. Do you provide service here and do you have enough band width to support an uninterrupted service. If yes, how long does it take to connect? Sam
Hi Sam, Thank you for your enquiry. In order for us to see what you can get, we will need to do a service qualification check on your address. Could you please email our support team your full address including any unit/street numbers to support@barefoottelecom.com.au Regards The Barefoot Team

Aren't Barefoot and Mate Communicate the same company?
Hi Vivian, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company with two brands. This very similar to TPG and iinet, Telstra and Belong.Hi Vivian,I've been shocked to see high end products & services I've got are'nt as good as they have said or should be for the high Cost of them,I thought you have to pay more if you want quality & I'm happy to do that,but the truth is I've seen many big name company's are shamefully ripping us off with cheaply made expensive products that don't do as good as they say it will or doesn't last very long,we are all ripped of hard & it's very wrong,from>"phillips-$500 shaver's,>dyson-$1000-animal pro vaccum cleaners,>"DJI-$2,200-phantom 4 drone,>"apple-$1,350-iPhone 6 plus & 7 plus>& many more that I've had big issues with,I found BAREFOOT are doing a very good job at what they do & to me that is priceless to me,>PLUS AUSTRALIAN BASED COMPANY-not made in China,we must bring back jobs for aussie's,make our people rich not China,I didn't know they were the same until I read the post from Barefoot. I am with Barefoot & have found their customer service to be excellent & have had no problem with the service. My son is on Mate, which was recommended to him by one of his geeky mates & has had the same high quality service.

Hi just enquiring how to go anout signing up for barefoot and whst are the charges my friend put me on to you and said you guys are excellent cause i am not happy with my provider ?
Hi Josie, thanks for contacting us please call our team on 1300 017 622 and press 1 to speak to our sales team. They will be able to answer your questions.

Does Barefoot accounts come with an email address?
Yes please it comes with emailidHi Cam, We do not offer email addresses with any of our plans.

Get an answer from our members and Barefoot Telecom representatives