Barefoot Telecom

Barefoot Telecom (page 2 of 18)

ADSL and NBN

Excellent service

Signed up online Friday arvo and was connected 10am Saturday morning after previously waiting 11 days to be connected by a different provider.

Thanks Barefoot Telecom

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi nikki82, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Service & Product

Very easy to contact the company and you will be answered by an Australian who understands the issue and wants to help.

The only hiccup I had with connecting my service was finding the correct port to plug the modem into. The guy I was speaking to on the phone was very patient and fully prepared to stay on the line while I went round my new residence trying each one I found.

Have been up and running nearly three months now and my ADSL connection has been outstanding.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Shell, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Zero complaints

The biggest thing for me is how easy the company is to deal with. Contacting them is easy. They are efficient and friendly and the whole process is always so simple. I cannot fault any of the dealings with the barefoot team including a difficult intial connection, moving to a house with no address, and missed payments.
Connection has always been reliable, despite living in a bad area and I haven’t had any issues with the service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Corinne, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent ISP all round

Barefoot is probably the best ISP I've ever had. No lock in contracts, no joining or leaving fee, fast installation, helpful Aussie call centre... I'm not sure what they could do to improve! Superior service and value to all other ISPs.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Good Reliable service

Only dropouts have been NBN created or updates, good customer service to resolve NBN issue and set up of modem

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Ericneil, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

Barefoot NBN - Great service

We have a rental property and wanted to provide internet access for our overseas tenant.
Saw Barefoot on a Google search, prices looked good so gave them a go.
Received a phone message to say it would be installed on a specific date between 1.00pm and 5.00pm and to be at the house at that time.
The technician came at 1.30 and the job was completed by 2.00.
At 2.05 received a text message to say the Line and service were now active.
Entered details into the modem that we supplied and Hey Presto we were surfing the net.
Tenant Extremely happy so were we.
Excellent service, price and deal and customer service is here in OZ. AAA+++

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Signed up, got connected, works fine. Quick and helpful support.

With ISP providers, if you don't have a reason to give them thought let alone contact them, it means they are doing alright.
I signed up with Barefoot early September, and it "just works". No dropouts, no real slowdowns at any part of the day.

I did reach out to support during setup, because something had gone wrong due to my previous ISP going bust and instructing my connection to be disconnected, which was actioned just *after* I had been churned. So not Barefoot's fault, but they explained it well. So thumbs up for a fast and accurate response.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Koffer Koper, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words. Glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Very friendly and clear service said excactly how long it would take and they had me connected in a

Very good had no issue signing up they where very helpful everything was done in a matter of a couple of days sending the modem and getting connected.

I have had no connection issues so far.

very easy to deal with would recomend them to anyone.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The Barefoot team

Could not reach the internet

I was so impressed that the High-Speed service I ordered Sunday was connected already the following day. However, I could not get out onto the Internet and called Customer Service. It turned out that I had made a "typo" when setting up the modem. The issue was quickly resolved. Thank you, Barefoot.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Erik, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Happy Chappy

I am more than happy with my service. To get connected was pain free, easy and free; ie, no connection or set-up fees. My service has been reliable, see you later telstra

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Richo, Many thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Service, quick and very affordable

I have had no problems switching to Barefoot Telecom from my previous provider.
They are friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. Even better, their call centre is based in Australia and the people who take your call can understand what you are asking!
NBN FTTN Speed is fine and slightly faster than our previous provider ( we have in one of those areas that just doesn't get great NBN speeds no matter how much you pay).

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi John H, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Useless company. 5 Weeks without service. Why is it never their fault?

Ordered ADSL2+ internet more than 5 weeks ago, and I still don't have any service.
Called customer support and they kept saying it's not their fault and they can't do anything about it, and tells me to keep waiting.
Find another company!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Scott, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Dishonest provider but no problems with the internet connection.

When I sign up with Barefoot it was during a promotion of getting internet for $59/month with the 1st month free. They charged me for the first month & when I question this they said I will be getting the 2nd month free. After a few months I notices I still hadn't had a free month so I questioned this & they said that promotion has expired now so I will not be getting a free month but I am now on a 'promotion' that means after 6 months of signing up they are going to be automatically taking $69/month (which they didn't ask my permission for) out of my account instead. I thought this was misleading & dishonest so I made a complaint & they backed themselves up. I think its wrong that company's can lie to you about getting something then taking extra money out of your account without even asking. I haven't had any issues with the internet itself.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Amy, Thanks for your review, glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We can confirm that at the time you signed up our promotion for the second month free expired - this was replaced with our $10.00 off for 6 months promotion. You were eligible for this promotion and received $10.00 off your plan fee for the first six months and this was applied to your account. You are paying $59.00 a month for the nbn50 plan for the first 6 months, reverting to $69.00 after 6 months. This is the regular price of the plan. Our previous second month free promotion did not include any discount on the plan fee of $69.00, but you have received this. We do not believe we have been misleading at all, however, if you are unhappy with this, you are free to cancel your service and move to another provider as we do not have any contracts or cancellation fees. Regards, The Barefoot team

Affordable with Great service

Haven't had any service problems, but they contact you if there may be any connection issues in the area
Very responsive, helpful and polite support team.
Overall very affordable and reliable service.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Alison, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Great value & personal Australian service

So far I am 100% pleased with Barefoot Telecom. All seems to be reliable. No dropouts.
I've only ever phoned for a query or support, both of which have always been happily and efficiently managed by Australian based staff and with lovely customer service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Ingrid, Many thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great service, friendly

Barefoot are very reliable, friendly and offer a great service. They occasionally have drop outs but these are usually followed up with explanation e-mails or texts.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Nathan, Thanks for the review! We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience. Regards, The Barefoot team.

So far, very good

Quick service connection time (same day - for same connection type as previous provider - FTTN). Very responsive broadband service. I haven't had to contact their customer service centre yet (one month in) so I can't vouch for what they are like. But the service itself seems fast and reliable, and good value for money.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Adam, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Stay away! Will never give you any service, LIE to you, then REFUSE to refund you, and then blame yo

All email exchanges and correspondence with Barefoot have been uploaded to an image hosting site for reference and evidence, to prove that this review is unbiased and supported with claims

I will check back regularly to see if the link is still working, if not, it will be re-uploaded.

Let me address each point one by one from the title.
First of all, do NOT believe any of the positive reviews, they are all fake accounts made by Barefoot to boost their own score on ProductReviews.
If you click onto each individual profile, you will see that all the accounts which gave positive reviews were created on the day (or one day prior) of the review, WITHOUT reviewing anything else. Barefoot does this daily to keep their scores up against the numerous bad reviews.

Now onto the actual review
(All points addressed will have evidence provided to keep this review unbiased)

*****1. No Service.

Placed the order on the 14th September, received an email from Barefoot on the 18th, saying the order is being processed, and I will hear back from them in 3 business days with an update (Which never happened, no updates were received at all)

During this time, as I had an old service active, I emailed Barefoot, to delay the activation until the 27th September, in which they agreed, and stated that the billing cycle will not start until the 27th September.

On the 27th September, I emailed Barefoot again, as there was STILL NO internet, I received a response from Barefoot confirming that there was no internet indeed.

*****2. Barefoot LIES to you

At this point, I was extremely fed up, so I called Barefoot to get some answers. The customer support team tells me that I have no internet, because the request is being rejected by OPTUS, and when I ask why, they said they have no idea why, and they are UNABLE to find out for me.

When I asked why I haven't been updated about the requests being rejected, they told me that they HAVE notified me through email and SMS, but due to a systems error, I didn't receive it. At this point I requested a callback from a supervisor, and I was told I will receive a callback in 15 mins.

After about 45 minutes, I finally get a callback, they told me that, the internet is done through TELSTRA, not Optus (You don't even know which company you are providing internet services from??)

Furthermore, I was then told that there was NO systems error, and they DID NOT notify me.
When asked why, they replied that "there was no need to notify you, it has only been 10 business days since you signed up, this is within our reasonable time frame not to provide internet."

I asked them: "In the email, you said there will be internet on the 27th September, why is there still no internet"

They started to stutter on the phone: "Well umm, look mate, uhhh, when we say the 27th, we don't really mean it's actually going to start on the 27th, it's just an approximation mate"

I was furious: "There was no mention that this date was approximate in the email. What's the approximation? A few days? A week?"

Barefoot replied: "We don't know."

I then asked, "Okay then, when will I have internet? Can you give me a guaranteed time?"

They said: "That's hard to say, it can be another 2 weeks, 1 month, we don't know."

I replied: "So you're saying, that I may never ever get internet, forever, and Barefoot has no legal obligation to do anything about it."

Barefoot: "Yeah, that's right, when you sign up, you signed all your rights away in your waiver, it says that we don't have to provide any services to anybody within any time frame, without any consequences."

*****3. Barefoot blames their problems on you

On the 28th September, Barefoot sends me an email saying that my service is active, I immediately setup my modem, and it worked for a few hours, and then it suddenly stopped working (DNS server stopped responding), no matter how many times I restarted and re-setup my modem (With a CD and manually)

At this point, I was mentally exhausted having to deal with so many problems with Barefoot, so I called them immediate to cancel the service and refund my charges.

The person on the other end was extremely hostile

Barefoot: "This is most likely not our problem, your modem is probably broken."

I replied: "I am fairly sure that's not the case, it was just working fine before."

Barefoot: "We've had lots of people with a working modem, and then they suddenly just broke for no reason, it happens."

I replied: "I find that hard to believe, that's ok, I will ask for a refund instead of dealing with Barefoot."

Barefoot: "Look mate, why are you changing companies? You can't just run into some problems with a company, then change companies, all the other companies will have the same problems as us!"

I replied: "I want a refund, and if not, I will be reporting this issue to the TIO."

Barefoot: "If you report us to the TIO (Ombudsman), we won't refund you, we will just wait for a letter from the TIO."

(Barefoot THREATENED to not refund me if I report them to the TIO (Ombudsman) )

I replied: "Ok, I won't make a report if I receive a refund."
They said they will pass the information onto the billing team.

After the call, I took the modem to my friends house, it works perfectly.
(I had to make sure, because after all, if it is my issue, then I can't blame Barefoot)

*****4. Barefoot REFUSES a refund.

I receive an email on the 4th October from Barefoot, saying that, they still haven't charged me $59 for the line connection fee, and since I owe them $59, they will NOT be processing a refund.

That's completely irrelevant, Barefoot insisted that they don't provide a stand-alone internet service, and they insisted that they connect the line for me.

And I have not received a SINGLE BIT of service from Barefoot, so it's irrelevant whether the line is connected or not, because there has NEVER BEEN an internet connection.
Barefoot will use any excuse to get out of refunding you.

This report is more than 1300+ words and has taken me over 2 hours to write, no person in their right mind will go out of their way this much to write a report like this, unless they deem this to be the most appropriate action after being BULLIED by Barefoot.

If any PR from Barefoot wants to respond to this, and has trouble finding which points to respond to, I will make a summary for you.

3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame?
5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email?
8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO?

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Firstly, the claims you have made about fake product reviews are incorrect. All of our reviews on Product Review are 100% genuine and any review requires verification (proof of purchase) to be published. Please refer to this link for more information, which verifies this fact: https://business.productreview.com.au/what-are-verified-reviews-9fb2ed34ce8b In regards to your account, as previously advised via email, our billing team has reviewed your case. We can see your account has now been cancelled as requested. For full clarity, the timeline of your order was as follows: 1. You signed up online on Fri, Sep 14th 2018 at 11.07PM. 2. You received a confirmation email on sign up which included our CIS (Critical Information Summary). You accepted this CIS upon sign up. As outlined in our CIS (Critical Information Summary), a $59.00 line connection fee is charged for services connected with an inactive line and will usually be passed through on your second or third invoice. This is a direct pass-through charge by Telstra - it is not charged by Barefoot. 3. Payment for your order (your first-month plan fee in advance) was processed on Sat, Sep 15th 2018 at 2.41PM. 4. The first component of your ADSL order (the activation of your phone line) was placed on Sat, Sep 15th 2018 2:42PM. Upon this order being placed, you received an email which stated the following: "Your ADSL order is processed in two parts. Firstly, your currently inactive phone line is re-activated. This order has just been submitted and can take anywhere between 3 - 5 business days to be actioned by Telstra. Once your phone line is activated, we then process the order for the ADSL component of your service. This normally takes between 3 - 5 business days to be activated. Once your phone line has been activated and we have ordered your ADSL service you will receive another email. IMPORTANT: As advised on sign-up and in our Critical Information Summary (CIS), the fee to activate a currently inactive Telstra phone line incurs a standard 59.00 line connection fee. This is a direct pass-through charge from the carrier and will usually appear on your second or third invoice." 5. Your phone line was activated by the carrier on Tue, Sep 18th 2018 3.03PM. Upon activation of this phone line, you then received another email which stated the following: "Your ADSL order at ADDRESS has been submitted to the carrier and is currently being processed. An update on your order including an estimated activation date should be provided within three (3) business days." 6. Your ESTIMATED activation date was provided as 27/09/2018. 7. Your ADSL service was activated on Fri, Sep 28th 2018 6.42PM. 8. You contacted our support team on Tue, Oct 2nd 2018 3.41PM to advise that you wished to cancel the service and requested a full refund. You refused to perform any troubleshooting and you did not give us or the carrier an opportunity to rectify the issue with your service. 9. On Thu, Oct 4th 2018 4.55PM our billing team advised that as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to return your monthly plan fee for the ADSL service as the service was only active for a few days and you did not use the service. However, the Telstra line re-connection fee will stand as this is not refundable because the phone line was activated as part of your order. As we already debited your first month's plan fee, this will be used to cover your line re-connection fee and as such, no refunds will be processed to your account. Your phone line was activated by the carrier on Tue, Sep 18th 2018 and regardless of whether this service was used or not, the service was active. Under the terms of the plan you signed up for, this fee is not refundable. This is a direct pass-through charge by Telstra - it is not charged by Barefoot. We sincerely believe that we have acted more than fairly in regards to this matter, and we will make no further comment as we can also see that you have an open TIO complaint. All future correspondence will be dealt with via the TIO. We wish you all the best with whichever provider you choose. Regards, The Barefoot Team"Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens or hundreds of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" - Barefoot Manager, 2018. I will elaborate on this further below. Barefoot, To anyone who wants to verify the fake-ness of Barefoot's reviews, do this - - Go to any other product on ProductReviews (Literally, choose any) - Look at the reviews, and the profile information of the reviewer. - You will find that for EVERY other product, just about ALL the reviewers have had multiple reviews and answers (active member of the community) - Only Barefoot's positive reviewers - 1. Their accounts are brand new (made on the day (or day prior) to the review) 2. They have only reviewed Barefoot, nothing else 3. No other activity on the website (No reviews, asked questions, answered questions...etc) How does Barefoot get pass the review moderation of the website? For the review to be verified as "verified customer", the review needs to submit proof of purchase, so Barefoot creates these accounts daily, and uses the proofs of purchase to get past the customer verification check. If they didn't do this, their ratings would be at 1 or 2 stars, consistently. One more update to anyone who happens to be reading this thread. I called Barefoot again a few days ago, and spoke to the manager, requesting the refund that I still haven't received. The attitude was laughable, when they made ridiculous analogies. "Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" According to your logic, there are 10s of thousands of people asking you for a refund? I actually wouldn't doubt that, for a number of reasons. On a previous call with another manager, on the issue of no internet service after the promised date. When asked why there is such a huge delay with the service activation, the manager answered this. Barefoot: "This is actually very common." Me: "How common? How often does the customers' internet activation get delayed?" Barefoot: "About 30 to 35 % of the time" That's an EXTREMELY high number. When asked about this statistic of a high customer failure rate - Me: "The other manager said about 30 to 35% of the internet activation is delayed, don't you think there's something wrong with your service? Does that sound right to you?" Barefoot: "No, that doesn't sound right." *So Barefoot can't even corroborate information between their own managers?* Me: "Shouldn't Barefoot try to achieve a higher level of customer satisfaction, and reduce product failure rate, like other bigger companies? 6 sigma methodology" *The manager then went silent for an extended amount of time, as they have left the phone conversation with me still on the line* Me: "Hello? Are you still there?" Barefoot: "Yeah, I'm still here, but I just don't see how any of what you are saying is relevant." *Barefoot claims it is completely irrelevant information that a high amount (30-35%) of the customers are receiving poor quality service* Here is the other ridiculous analogy Barefoot came up with - Barefoot: "Imagine you're going to Maccas and you order a burger, and you paid for it. If the burger sold out, and they can't give one to ya, the most they can do is refund you the original cost!" (Yes, Barefoot used the example of going to Maccas) Let's go with Barefoot's analogy of going to Maccas - if I'm going to Maccas and paid for a burger, and didn't get anything, they would refund me THE WHOLE COST of the burger. Would Maccas say, for example "We can't give you your burger, but there's an ordering cost, so we can't give you your refund." Of course not. So where's my refund? Out of the 8 questions I outlined, you somehow didn't manage to answer a single one. 1. Why has Barefoot told me the internet service is provided by Optus, when in fact Barefoot's internet is provided by Telstra? 2. Why haven't I received any updates within 3 business days as stated in the email by Barefoot? (not just 3 days, updates AT ALL) 3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame? 4. Why did Barefoot lie to me and say that you DID notify me, but there was a systems error, which caused me to not receive any notifications? (Then later admit that no notification was ever actually sent) 5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email? 6. Why did Barefoot tell me, the date of the 27th September is just an approximation? When in the email, it doesn't state that this date is an approximation? 7. Why did Barefoot blame me for having a broken modem as the reason for the lack of internet, when the modem works perfectly fine? (Modem tested at another location) 8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO? 9. Why is there such a high failure rate (30-35% according to your manager) of internet activation for your customers? 10. Why did one manager tell me that there is a 30-35% failure rate for internet activation, when another manager denied this? 11. Why did the manager leave the conversation in the middle of a call? Do you treat all of your customers this way? 12. According to you, you won't refund because "If everyone asked for a refund, we'd go broke", so even if everyone had a rightful reason for a refund, you would still deny the refund just so the company won't go broke?Is there anything you would like to say/rebut Barefoot? Perhaps release all the phone calls as evidence if you think my review is biased and unfair?

An improvement over previous providers

So far an excellent supply. A few teething problems sorted out quickly and pleasantly with obliging people easy to understand.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Alan, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Customer Service

Barefoot is just a great company.
We have used Optus, we have used Telstra and there’s always a reason why “We Cannot Do This” whenever a problem arises. While Barefoot have a “Can Do” attitude.
With Barefoot it’s always” is there anything else we can help you with”, problems have always been resolved within a very acceptable period of time.
Have Been with Barefoot now for over 12 months and have No hesitation in recommending them to friends and colleagues.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Peter, Thanks for the review! We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience. Regards, The Barefoot team.