Barefoot Telecom

Barefoot Telecom (page 2 of 19)

ADSL and NBN

Great customer service

I have always said that the true way to see how good a company is to make a complaint. Any organisation can be good when everything is going great and their customers are happy it is when things go wrong that first-rate companies shine. Barefoot Investor have provided my household with fantastic service! The first instance was a misunderstanding on my part. We signed up for the $89.00 for 6 months deal and then $99.00. The 6 months came up quickly and when I disputed their charge they explained in a polite, non-patronising manner my error. The 2nd instance was we started to experience up to 3 dropouts per day with our NBN. I contacted them, they responded to me within 24 hours saying they agreed that the number of dropouts was unacceptable and would deal with it. They asked for a bit more info from us and within 48 hours it was fixed. Thanks!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Amanda H, Wow, thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Great to hear we have dealt with your complaints well. Regards, The Barefoot team

Took a while to get connected

It took a while to get my service connected as Telstra kept rejecting the order from Barefoot saying there were no ports available at my address. I nearly cancelled the order because Barefoot couldn't guarantee any ports would become available. Eventually (3 weeks later) Telstra managed to "release" new ports and the service was connected. Connection is good most times although sometimes it can be a little patchy when you watch Instagram stories or if 2 people are streaming at the same time.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Hellibelly, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Typical "its not our fault", but happy to charge for services not provided

When will telcos be held accountable for "services" they charge for? 2 months with no connection so closed account. No offers to refund, just the usual "we can troubleshoot" but you might have to pay for it depending on what we find. No thankyou im not paying to fix a bad line on a rental, in which we supposedly pay a "rental" fee for the line.
Day we cancel acccount we get a bill for another month, Barefoot sends an email stating they will refund. Blatant theft of our money
Terrible connection from the start, if it rained... no connection. Hot day.... no connection etc...

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Matty M, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The Barefoot team

So far so good

Spent 6 months on a byo month to month plan and have not had a single issue so far. Speeds have been great, setup was easy and their customer service has been perfect so far.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Hun, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Finally Telco provider in Oz that works out of the box

Giving 4 stars for old-looking members portal, everything else is great. This was our first move in Oz that did not require technician etc from telco company (we've been with Telstra and Optus directly before). Modem sent to our address worked in plug-and-play fasion. Also there 10GB 30$/mo deal for mobile phone for dsl customers is great value for money. When moving from ADSL to NBN also everything worked out of the box, and we didn't pay anything for technician.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nikola, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Absolutely fabulous first up experience!

Contacted Barefoot at around 3:00 pm yesterday, service was connected by 7:00 pm! - had to wait until this morning for telephonic advice for router set-up - then away we flew at 30 down/20 up at 9:00 am. Superb service from staff members - and I can actually understand them because they speak Ozspeak. If this experience persists, I will be one very happy geriatric.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi oldnugly, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team.

All Good

The connection has been reliable.
Started having WiFi dropping out and called support who traced it to the modem being faulty and then replaced it and paid postage for returning of faulty modem - all of which was organised and handled very smoothly.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jill, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

The service provided by Barefoot Telecom has been seamless. It is fantastic to have service needs met so readily and with tech experts without having to be on hold for hours on end. Very much appreciated.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Rob, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent service

Signed up online Friday arvo and was connected 10am Saturday morning after previously waiting 11 days to be connected by a different provider.

Thanks Barefoot Telecom

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi nikki82, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Service & Product

Very easy to contact the company and you will be answered by an Australian who understands the issue and wants to help.

The only hiccup I had with connecting my service was finding the correct port to plug the modem into. The guy I was speaking to on the phone was very patient and fully prepared to stay on the line while I went round my new residence trying each one I found.

Have been up and running nearly three months now and my ADSL connection has been outstanding.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Shell, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Zero complaints

The biggest thing for me is how easy the company is to deal with. Contacting them is easy. They are efficient and friendly and the whole process is always so simple. I cannot fault any of the dealings with the barefoot team including a difficult intial connection, moving to a house with no address, and missed payments.
Connection has always been reliable, despite living in a bad area and I haven’t had any issues with the service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Corinne, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent ISP all round

Barefoot is probably the best ISP I've ever had. No lock in contracts, no joining or leaving fee, fast installation, helpful Aussie call centre... I'm not sure what they could do to improve! Superior service and value to all other ISPs.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Good Reliable service

Only dropouts have been NBN created or updates, good customer service to resolve NBN issue and set up of modem

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Ericneil, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

Barefoot NBN - Great service

We have a rental property and wanted to provide internet access for our overseas tenant.
Saw Barefoot on a Google search, prices looked good so gave them a go.
Received a phone message to say it would be installed on a specific date between 1.00pm and 5.00pm and to be at the house at that time.
The technician came at 1.30 and the job was completed by 2.00.
At 2.05 received a text message to say the Line and service were now active.
Entered details into the modem that we supplied and Hey Presto we were surfing the net.
Tenant Extremely happy so were we.
Excellent service, price and deal and customer service is here in OZ. AAA+++

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Signed up, got connected, works fine. Quick and helpful support.

With ISP providers, if you don't have a reason to give them thought let alone contact them, it means they are doing alright.
I signed up with Barefoot early September, and it "just works". No dropouts, no real slowdowns at any part of the day.

I did reach out to support during setup, because something had gone wrong due to my previous ISP going bust and instructing my connection to be disconnected, which was actioned just *after* I had been churned. So not Barefoot's fault, but they explained it well. So thumbs up for a fast and accurate response.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Koffer Koper, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words. Glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Very friendly and clear service said excactly how long it would take and they had me connected in a

Very good had no issue signing up they where very helpful everything was done in a matter of a couple of days sending the modem and getting connected.

I have had no connection issues so far.

very easy to deal with would recomend them to anyone.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The Barefoot team

Could not reach the internet

I was so impressed that the High-Speed service I ordered Sunday was connected already the following day. However, I could not get out onto the Internet and called Customer Service. It turned out that I had made a "typo" when setting up the modem. The issue was quickly resolved. Thank you, Barefoot.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Erik, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Happy Chappy

I am more than happy with my service. To get connected was pain free, easy and free; ie, no connection or set-up fees. My service has been reliable, see you later telstra

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Richo, Many thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Service, quick and very affordable

I have had no problems switching to Barefoot Telecom from my previous provider.
They are friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. Even better, their call centre is based in Australia and the people who take your call can understand what you are asking!
NBN FTTN Speed is fine and slightly faster than our previous provider ( we have in one of those areas that just doesn't get great NBN speeds no matter how much you pay).

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi John H, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Useless company. 5 Weeks without service. Why is it never their fault?

Ordered ADSL2+ internet more than 5 weeks ago, and I still don't have any service.
Called customer support and they kept saying it's not their fault and they can't do anything about it, and tells me to keep waiting.
Find another company!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Scott, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

My home address is 489 Redland Bay Road Capalaba QLD 4157. - do you provide ADSL in this area? - what is the average speed at peak hours in this area? Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Is Barefoot and Mate telecom same company ?
Yes they are.Yes. Barefoot will be shown as Mate Communicate in your bank statement.Hi kumar, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company operating separate retail brands.

Hey I was just wondering for adsl what are the network speeds to choose from in megabits per second (mbps)?
Hi Kyle, The maximum theoretical speed on an ADSL servce is up to 20Mbps. In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

ADSLNBN 12 (Lite)NBN 25 (Mid)NBN 50 (Max)NBN 100 (Ultra)
Monthly Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00