Barefoot Telecom

Terrible speeds every night

My internet is basically unusable at night, slowing down to <1mbps (speed test) and then sometimes gets stuck on this speed during the day too. Customer service is only available until 7pm which is extremely frustrating for those who work long hours and means I can never call when the speeds go down. Repeated troubleshooting hasn't worked. I understand they rent the lines so their customers get booted off the bandwidth first. I'm not organising to change providers.

Start DateJune 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi BeeC, We are sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Worst Experience ever with ADSL barefoot

I just came back from my holidays a month ago and decided to pair up with this company as i've previously done a nbn service with them. i must say a lot of things has gone horribly wrong.

1. Arrogant staff:

I politely asked if there was any discount or offer for a returning customer and the staff sounded angry and wasn't pleased at offering it to me.

2. Poor communication between staff

Sadly the staff could not pick up my address (if there was nbn or no nbn offered at the building). I was eventually signed up and was told there was an issue with the building (line disconnection fee) and needed to wait approximately 20 business days for the line to activate. No communication or follow up until the last day of the 20 days and was told i need to fork out additional $200+ to get the line re-install and wait another 20+ days. This was totally ridiculous. After having enough of this i decided to turn to another ISP.

I'm currently with TPG and i must say they were really polite and friendly. There was constant communication and follow up on the status on my installation. It took them a total of 3 business days to get everything sorted out.

My biggest regret was coming back to barefoot. Have really wasted my time and energy with you people that can't even get your processes right.

Start DateDecember 2018
Set-up Time30 days
Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Tyron, Sorry to hear of your experience. Can you please advise your Barefoot account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Do NOT choose this ISP

I used this company for over a year. The service constantly dropped out and if I wanted to get it fixed I had to risk a very expensive outcall fee if I was found "at fault". On top of this, the service did not work at all for the last month, but the bill kept coming. And now, after having canceled the service more than a month ago, I am still getting my bank account debited by this company!! I even received an email confirmation from them saying that my account was closed, but I am still being charged. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. My overall experience is rated at 0/100. I literally feel robbed.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Mauricio, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Typical "its not our fault", but happy to charge for services not provided

When will telcos be held accountable for "services" they charge for? 2 months with no connection so closed account. No offers to refund, just the usual "we can troubleshoot" but you might have to pay for it depending on what we find. No thankyou im not paying to fix a bad line on a rental, in which we supposedly pay a "rental" fee for the line.
Day we cancel acccount we get a bill for another month, Barefoot sends an email stating they will refund. Blatant theft of our money
Terrible connection from the start, if it rained... no connection. Hot day.... no connection etc...

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Matty M, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The Barefoot team

Useless company. 5 Weeks without service. Why is it never their fault?

Ordered ADSL2+ internet more than 5 weeks ago, and I still don't have any service.
Called customer support and they kept saying it's not their fault and they can't do anything about it, and tells me to keep waiting.
Find another company!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Scott, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Dishonest provider but no problems with the internet connection.

When I sign up with Barefoot it was during a promotion of getting internet for $59/month with the 1st month free. They charged me for the first month & when I question this they said I will be getting the 2nd month free. After a few months I notices I still hadn't had a free month so I questioned this & they said that promotion has expired now so I will not be getting a free month but I am now on a 'promotion' that means after 6 months of signing up they are going to be automatically taking $69/month (which they didn't ask my permission for) out of my account instead. I thought this was misleading & dishonest so I made a complaint & they backed themselves up. I think its wrong that company's can lie to you about getting something then taking extra money out of your account without even asking. I haven't had any issues with the internet itself.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Amy, Thanks for your review, glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We can confirm that at the time you signed up our promotion for the second month free expired - this was replaced with our $10.00 off for 6 months promotion. You were eligible for this promotion and received $10.00 off your plan fee for the first six months and this was applied to your account. You are paying $59.00 a month for the nbn50 plan for the first 6 months, reverting to $69.00 after 6 months. This is the regular price of the plan. Our previous second month free promotion did not include any discount on the plan fee of $69.00, but you have received this. We do not believe we have been misleading at all, however, if you are unhappy with this, you are free to cancel your service and move to another provider as we do not have any contracts or cancellation fees. Regards, The Barefoot team

Stay away! Will never give you any service, LIE to you, then REFUSE to refund you, and then blame yo

All email exchanges and correspondence with Barefoot have been uploaded to an image hosting site for reference and evidence, to prove that this review is unbiased and supported with claims

I will check back regularly to see if the link is still working, if not, it will be re-uploaded.

Let me address each point one by one from the title.
First of all, do NOT believe any of the positive reviews, they are all fake accounts made by Barefoot to boost their own score on ProductReviews.
If you click onto each individual profile, you will see that all the accounts which gave positive reviews were created on the day (or one day prior) of the review, WITHOUT reviewing anything else. Barefoot does this daily to keep their scores up against the numerous bad reviews.

Now onto the actual review
(All points addressed will have evidence provided to keep this review unbiased)

*****1. No Service.

Placed the order on the 14th September, received an email from Barefoot on the 18th, saying the order is being processed, and I will hear back from them in 3 business days with an update (Which never happened, no updates were received at all)

During this time, as I had an old service active, I emailed Barefoot, to delay the activation until the 27th September, in which they agreed, and stated that the billing cycle will not start until the 27th September.

On the 27th September, I emailed Barefoot again, as there was STILL NO internet, I received a response from Barefoot confirming that there was no internet indeed.

*****2. Barefoot LIES to you

At this point, I was extremely fed up, so I called Barefoot to get some answers. The customer support team tells me that I have no internet, because the request is being rejected by OPTUS, and when I ask why, they said they have no idea why, and they are UNABLE to find out for me.

When I asked why I haven't been updated about the requests being rejected, they told me that they HAVE notified me through email and SMS, but due to a systems error, I didn't receive it. At this point I requested a callback from a supervisor, and I was told I will receive a callback in 15 mins.

After about 45 minutes, I finally get a callback, they told me that, the internet is done through TELSTRA, not Optus (You don't even know which company you are providing internet services from??)

Furthermore, I was then told that there was NO systems error, and they DID NOT notify me.
When asked why, they replied that "there was no need to notify you, it has only been 10 business days since you signed up, this is within our reasonable time frame not to provide internet."

I asked them: "In the email, you said there will be internet on the 27th September, why is there still no internet"

They started to stutter on the phone: "Well umm, look mate, uhhh, when we say the 27th, we don't really mean it's actually going to start on the 27th, it's just an approximation mate"

I was furious: "There was no mention that this date was approximate in the email. What's the approximation? A few days? A week?"

Barefoot replied: "We don't know."

I then asked, "Okay then, when will I have internet? Can you give me a guaranteed time?"

They said: "That's hard to say, it can be another 2 weeks, 1 month, we don't know."

I replied: "So you're saying, that I may never ever get internet, forever, and Barefoot has no legal obligation to do anything about it."

Barefoot: "Yeah, that's right, when you sign up, you signed all your rights away in your waiver, it says that we don't have to provide any services to anybody within any time frame, without any consequences."

*****3. Barefoot blames their problems on you

On the 28th September, Barefoot sends me an email saying that my service is active, I immediately setup my modem, and it worked for a few hours, and then it suddenly stopped working (DNS server stopped responding), no matter how many times I restarted and re-setup my modem (With a CD and manually)

At this point, I was mentally exhausted having to deal with so many problems with Barefoot, so I called them immediate to cancel the service and refund my charges.

The person on the other end was extremely hostile

Barefoot: "This is most likely not our problem, your modem is probably broken."

I replied: "I am fairly sure that's not the case, it was just working fine before."

Barefoot: "We've had lots of people with a working modem, and then they suddenly just broke for no reason, it happens."

I replied: "I find that hard to believe, that's ok, I will ask for a refund instead of dealing with Barefoot."

Barefoot: "Look mate, why are you changing companies? You can't just run into some problems with a company, then change companies, all the other companies will have the same problems as us!"

I replied: "I want a refund, and if not, I will be reporting this issue to the TIO."

Barefoot: "If you report us to the TIO (Ombudsman), we won't refund you, we will just wait for a letter from the TIO."

(Barefoot THREATENED to not refund me if I report them to the TIO (Ombudsman) )

I replied: "Ok, I won't make a report if I receive a refund."
They said they will pass the information onto the billing team.

After the call, I took the modem to my friends house, it works perfectly.
(I had to make sure, because after all, if it is my issue, then I can't blame Barefoot)

*****4. Barefoot REFUSES a refund.

I receive an email on the 4th October from Barefoot, saying that, they still haven't charged me $59 for the line connection fee, and since I owe them $59, they will NOT be processing a refund.

That's completely irrelevant, Barefoot insisted that they don't provide a stand-alone internet service, and they insisted that they connect the line for me.

And I have not received a SINGLE BIT of service from Barefoot, so it's irrelevant whether the line is connected or not, because there has NEVER BEEN an internet connection.
Barefoot will use any excuse to get out of refunding you.

This report is more than 1300+ words and has taken me over 2 hours to write, no person in their right mind will go out of their way this much to write a report like this, unless they deem this to be the most appropriate action after being BULLIED by Barefoot.

If any PR from Barefoot wants to respond to this, and has trouble finding which points to respond to, I will make a summary for you.

3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame?
5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email?
8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO?

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Firstly, the claims you have made about fake product reviews are incorrect. All of our reviews on Product Review are 100% genuine and any review requires verification (proof of purchase) to be published. Please refer to this link for more information, which verifies this fact: https://business.productreview.com.au/what-are-verified-reviews-9fb2ed34ce8b In regards to your account, as previously advised via email, our billing team has reviewed your case. We can see your account has now been cancelled as requested. For full clarity, the timeline of your order was as follows: 1. You signed up online on Fri, Sep 14th 2018 at 11.07PM. 2. You received a confirmation email on sign up which included our CIS (Critical Information Summary). You accepted this CIS upon sign up. As outlined in our CIS (Critical Information Summary), a $59.00 line connection fee is charged for services connected with an inactive line and will usually be passed through on your second or third invoice. This is a direct pass-through charge by Telstra - it is not charged by Barefoot. 3. Payment for your order (your first-month plan fee in advance) was processed on Sat, Sep 15th 2018 at 2.41PM. 4. The first component of your ADSL order (the activation of your phone line) was placed on Sat, Sep 15th 2018 2:42PM. Upon this order being placed, you received an email which stated the following: "Your ADSL order is processed in two parts. Firstly, your currently inactive phone line is re-activated. This order has just been submitted and can take anywhere between 3 - 5 business days to be actioned by Telstra. Once your phone line is activated, we then process the order for the ADSL component of your service. This normally takes between 3 - 5 business days to be activated. Once your phone line has been activated and we have ordered your ADSL service you will receive another email. IMPORTANT: As advised on sign-up and in our Critical Information Summary (CIS), the fee to activate a currently inactive Telstra phone line incurs a standard 59.00 line connection fee. This is a direct pass-through charge from the carrier and will usually appear on your second or third invoice." 5. Your phone line was activated by the carrier on Tue, Sep 18th 2018 3.03PM. Upon activation of this phone line, you then received another email which stated the following: "Your ADSL order at ADDRESS has been submitted to the carrier and is currently being processed. An update on your order including an estimated activation date should be provided within three (3) business days." 6. Your ESTIMATED activation date was provided as 27/09/2018. 7. Your ADSL service was activated on Fri, Sep 28th 2018 6.42PM. 8. You contacted our support team on Tue, Oct 2nd 2018 3.41PM to advise that you wished to cancel the service and requested a full refund. You refused to perform any troubleshooting and you did not give us or the carrier an opportunity to rectify the issue with your service. 9. On Thu, Oct 4th 2018 4.55PM our billing team advised that as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to return your monthly plan fee for the ADSL service as the service was only active for a few days and you did not use the service. However, the Telstra line re-connection fee will stand as this is not refundable because the phone line was activated as part of your order. As we already debited your first month's plan fee, this will be used to cover your line re-connection fee and as such, no refunds will be processed to your account. Your phone line was activated by the carrier on Tue, Sep 18th 2018 and regardless of whether this service was used or not, the service was active. Under the terms of the plan you signed up for, this fee is not refundable. This is a direct pass-through charge by Telstra - it is not charged by Barefoot. We sincerely believe that we have acted more than fairly in regards to this matter, and we will make no further comment as we can also see that you have an open TIO complaint. All future correspondence will be dealt with via the TIO. We wish you all the best with whichever provider you choose. Regards, The Barefoot Team"Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens or hundreds of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" - Barefoot Manager, 2018. I will elaborate on this further below. Barefoot, To anyone who wants to verify the fake-ness of Barefoot's reviews, do this - - Go to any other product on ProductReviews (Literally, choose any) - Look at the reviews, and the profile information of the reviewer. - You will find that for EVERY other product, just about ALL the reviewers have had multiple reviews and answers (active member of the community) - Only Barefoot's positive reviewers - 1. Their accounts are brand new (made on the day (or day prior) to the review) 2. They have only reviewed Barefoot, nothing else 3. No other activity on the website (No reviews, asked questions, answered questions...etc) How does Barefoot get pass the review moderation of the website? For the review to be verified as "verified customer", the review needs to submit proof of purchase, so Barefoot creates these accounts daily, and uses the proofs of purchase to get past the customer verification check. If they didn't do this, their ratings would be at 1 or 2 stars, consistently. One more update to anyone who happens to be reading this thread. I called Barefoot again a few days ago, and spoke to the manager, requesting the refund that I still haven't received. The attitude was laughable, when they made ridiculous analogies. "Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" According to your logic, there are 10s of thousands of people asking you for a refund? I actually wouldn't doubt that, for a number of reasons. On a previous call with another manager, on the issue of no internet service after the promised date. When asked why there is such a huge delay with the service activation, the manager answered this. Barefoot: "This is actually very common." Me: "How common? How often does the customers' internet activation get delayed?" Barefoot: "About 30 to 35 % of the time" That's an EXTREMELY high number. When asked about this statistic of a high customer failure rate - Me: "The other manager said about 30 to 35% of the internet activation is delayed, don't you think there's something wrong with your service? Does that sound right to you?" Barefoot: "No, that doesn't sound right." *So Barefoot can't even corroborate information between their own managers?* Me: "Shouldn't Barefoot try to achieve a higher level of customer satisfaction, and reduce product failure rate, like other bigger companies? 6 sigma methodology" *The manager then went silent for an extended amount of time, as they have left the phone conversation with me still on the line* Me: "Hello? Are you still there?" Barefoot: "Yeah, I'm still here, but I just don't see how any of what you are saying is relevant." *Barefoot claims it is completely irrelevant information that a high amount (30-35%) of the customers are receiving poor quality service* Here is the other ridiculous analogy Barefoot came up with - Barefoot: "Imagine you're going to Maccas and you order a burger, and you paid for it. If the burger sold out, and they can't give one to ya, the most they can do is refund you the original cost!" (Yes, Barefoot used the example of going to Maccas) Let's go with Barefoot's analogy of going to Maccas - if I'm going to Maccas and paid for a burger, and didn't get anything, they would refund me THE WHOLE COST of the burger. Would Maccas say, for example "We can't give you your burger, but there's an ordering cost, so we can't give you your refund." Of course not. So where's my refund? Out of the 8 questions I outlined, you somehow didn't manage to answer a single one. 1. Why has Barefoot told me the internet service is provided by Optus, when in fact Barefoot's internet is provided by Telstra? 2. Why haven't I received any updates within 3 business days as stated in the email by Barefoot? (not just 3 days, updates AT ALL) 3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame? 4. Why did Barefoot lie to me and say that you DID notify me, but there was a systems error, which caused me to not receive any notifications? (Then later admit that no notification was ever actually sent) 5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email? 6. Why did Barefoot tell me, the date of the 27th September is just an approximation? When in the email, it doesn't state that this date is an approximation? 7. Why did Barefoot blame me for having a broken modem as the reason for the lack of internet, when the modem works perfectly fine? (Modem tested at another location) 8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO? 9. Why is there such a high failure rate (30-35% according to your manager) of internet activation for your customers? 10. Why did one manager tell me that there is a 30-35% failure rate for internet activation, when another manager denied this? 11. Why did the manager leave the conversation in the middle of a call? Do you treat all of your customers this way? 12. According to you, you won't refund because "If everyone asked for a refund, we'd go broke", so even if everyone had a rightful reason for a refund, you would still deny the refund just so the company won't go broke?Is there anything you would like to say/rebut Barefoot? Perhaps release all the phone calls as evidence if you think my review is biased and unfair?

NBN Account lie and fraud

After signing up to NBN100 with the promotion price check that i couldn't get the speed pass 50 decide to downgrade to NBN50, after downgrading they still decide to charge me the full amount instead of the promotion price, called and advise why they still charging me full price instead of promotion price. After the next billing cycle seem like they did nothing. So called and decide to cancel due to them been incompetent misleading lairs and over charging without promotional price. They advise they can fix the price and no need to cancel. They only offer to refund for the overcharge as i advise i wanted to cancel the service with them as they are liars. As this is their issue i ask for refund my pro-rata for only using their service for 11 days due to them overcharging and not with promotional price. Should stay away from this company as there are better company out there. Wouldn't even bother recommending this company to anyone.

August 16th 2018 Update: Barefoot are useless

Called to cancel my service with them they send email to confirm but they refuse to cancel the service and still want to direct debit me for the service. They are so useless. Bad provider.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi OneyeBear, This doesn't sound right, please confirm your account number so we can investigate and advise ASAP.I also advise the date to be cancel and you guys delay the cancellation so you could direct debit me before canceling my account.Hi OneyeBear, This is not right at all, can you please confirm your account number so we can investigate and advise ASAP.

Once great

I used to love barefoot telecom until they failed to fix my nbn properly and then their true colours showed... offered no support as they claimed there was no issue... refused to accept anything i had to say... now I'm with another isp and my internet is 15mbps faster out of a upto50 plan which tells me they don't allocate enough bandwidth to customers... their call centre is also a nightmare, can never get through, always having to leave a message and wait for a return call...

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Buck, We are sorry to hear this. If we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn, who own the network. Can you advise your account number with Barefoot so we can investigate this matter? Regards, Barefoot teamYou had two months of ongoing arguements that showed you didnt care, youve had your chance, now wear the review... it worked out for me anyway as your lousy 30mbps out of 50 is obliterated by my new isps constant 40-47mbps out of 50...Hi Buck, As previously advised, if we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn. Regards, Barefoot team

Consider other providers

Poor customer service and dodgy practices. NBN is fast but I would hardly put that down do barefoot rather than fibre to the building. Consider other providers in my opinion.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Alex, We are sorry to hear this. From our notes we can see you had a billing dispute about a service which you and your partner never requested to cancel. Please be advised we are a month to month provider so if you leave address you need to call or email us to confirm a cancellation date for an active service. Regards The Barefoot Team

No better than other internet providers!

Have been waiting for the ADSL connection to be activated for nearly 20 days now and they are just inordinately prolonging the waiting period. Furthermore, despite paying 149 dollars for the internet order, I keep getting messages stating that the payment was declined. When this was pointed out to a customer care representative, their initial response was: 'So what's wrong with that message?'. After realizing their mistake, they could only offer the following explanation: 'The messages were generated by the system by mistake! Just ignore them'!. How PATHETIC!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Ehteshamul, This doesn't sound right and we want to investigate this ASAP. Can you please provide your account number so we can look into this issue immediately and advise? Regards, The Barefoot team

Absolutely rubbish! Constant errors and customer service discriminates!

I bought the NBN on the lowest speed/price possible. Only needed a unlimited connection where speed was really no concern. I am on a pension so needed it cheap.

Getting the connection going wasn't difficult, even though I had my own modem. That being said... once it was going it wasn't...

Nothing but constant refresh errors, pages not loading, etc etc etc. Absolutely no tweak or nothing I did could fix the issues. I switched over to Optus after two weeks of the nonsense and going back and forth checking my settings. Once I made the switch, NOT A DRAMA!

In between the switch I had to call them up for some reason to get the 'move' happening. I was asked what service I had and I told them I had the NBN. I have a slight speech impediment so the customer service rep kept constantly hammering away at me with a dumb butt question like 'You said you have the MBN, what's the MBN? Tell me what the MBN is'

With discriminatory service like this I am glad I moved!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Russell, We are terribly sorry to hear this and want to get to the bottom of this matter ASAP. Please advise your account number so our management team can review this. Regards, Barefoot team

Terrible, slow and unusable service

Experienced constant service dropouts (there were entire days when the connection wouldn’t stay up any longer than 5 mins) and extremely slow connection speeds of less than 5 Mbps down on ADSL2+, made the service totally unusable.
Called support and was told to try a different modem and get the phone line checked, even though I explained that I had a fast and reliable service at the same premise with a previous service provider. I had no choice but to switch to another service provider who can actually provide a fast, reliable and usable internet service. Very disappointed with Barefoot.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Will, We are sorry to hear this, can you please call or email our support team and advise if you have been able to resolve the drop out and speed issues with Telstra or another provider? Regards The Barefoot TeamBarefoot Telecom was the cause of the drop outs and speed issues (as per my review above). When I switched to another provider my Internet service returned to an acceptable state.

Painfully Slow Service and Inconsistent Download Speed.

NBN service with upgraded speed. Was never impressed with the speed.

Poor service due to lack of service staff. Whenever you ring up, you can't speak to someone. You have to leave your details for them to call you back when they are ready. This makes service outages so much longer to fix especially when NBN has to be involved. The staff are generally nice but their service model is a joke. They are very quick when you want to enquire about a new service, however for service, you have to wait, sometimes overnight. Unacceptable.

I lasted three months with them. I had three major outages in this period and have since cancelled. I would recommend steering clear of Barefoot and their sister company Mate.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi AAA, We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. We operate both sales and customer support services on a callback system as we believe this call back system is the best method of responding to all enquiries as quickly and efficiently as possible. This also negates the need for you to wait on hold for excessive amounts of time. However, we are always looking at ways to improve our customer experience so will definitely pass your feedback onto our management team.

Horrible Service and Connection

Connected to Barefoot in October 2016. We had no issues until our line started dropping in and out. We called Barefoot and were advised that it was the NBN connection. Waited two weeks to hear back from them, still without internet only to be told we would have to change modems. We returned our modem and are still waiting to be reimbursed for this. We continued to pay our bills although the service was practically no longer working. We are now moving houses and the company has still not discounted our bills for the loss of service three months after first reporting. This company has massive issues communicating and clearly does not care about its customers. Would only recommend this service if you enjoy no internet connection and a company taking your money and not refunding you.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Madeline, We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience. Please DM us your account number so we can have the billing team look into your account and try and get this resolved for you.

iPrimus suck, still better than barefoot

I signed up for ADSL2, first 48 hours had 300ms ping to google and internet dropped out every few minutes, had 16mbps down for the first 2 weeks. Have had 7mbps sync for the last week, barefoot requested multiple speedtests and then told me my service is meant to be adsl1, so there's no issue. Haha, are you guys serious? Don't believe all of the fake reviews here either. I'm a real person and barefoot telecom suck, don't waste your money. Bad service, bad products. I even have a confirmation email stating I signed up for adsl2 from barefoot.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Old mate, Your service is provisioned on an ADSL2 port, so it is definitely an ADSL2 service. Any speed over 1Mbps on an ADSL service is considered within specifications by the carrier (Telstra). Your modem is syncing at approximately 7Mbps. As advised, we logged a speed fault for your service and the carrier advised that your speeds are the best available speed at your location based on your distance to the exchange and the quality of your copper. If you are unhappy you are completely free to leave as we have no contracts on any of our plans and no cancellation fees.Then why did it sync at 16Mbps for the first 2 weeks?Hi Old Mate, As advised we have logged a request to the carrier to find out.

Barefoot ARE your AVERAGE telco

Not feeling the "Barefoot" difference - feeling more like Telstra - logged a support call over 2hrs ago still waiting - rang and was told they are the call centre and cant do anything other than log another support call and someone will be call us within the hour - sounds like Telstra speak - sorry but dont need this am wasting MY time waiting for your call - I want to cancel my service and get a refund for the lot - have not used anything as not working - and will go elsewhere - all telcos are the same - unfortunately Barefoot is the same as others. Just had a phone call back from Barefoot, not support but someone to placate me, when i complained to the person - he put me on hold and when he came back I could hear him on my end of the line but he could not hear me - he disconnected the call and has not returned it to explain what will happen - as I can see that is the way it will be. SO will be asking for a FULL refund and go with the other AVERAGE telcos. Who can manage the growth.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Lemi, Sorry to hear you are unhappy. One of our senior team members has been assigned to call you ASAP to discuss.

Huge expectations and promises - Zero follow through.

Day 1 - Sales - I ended up talking to [name removed] in sales. Nice guy and the only part to the barefoot experience that I enjoyed. I wanted to get the 100/40 NBN unlimited service on the HFC network. So I ordered that and then paid a $145 for an NBN compatible modem. To be fair $145 for an AC1600 modem router is not too bad.

They then told me that it would be 1-3 days to get a connection date that was on the 24th of December, today's the 6th. :-(.

He then tells me "that connections are between 7-14 days, but yours will be 16 days or more, but we tell you 7-14 days because of worst case scenario it may be quicker. " ugh...what!!!! .... did you hear what you actually just said? It makes zero sense. At this point, I am thinking that Barefoot is actually a training ground for clowns and circus performers or I'm being punked. I should cut my loses at this point, but i persist instead #badmove.

I ring back and try to get more information about what's happening a couple of days later and the reply is "you'll just to wait, as there is a wait on HFC cause its new technology". So I think fair enough and give some extra time, and I wait. Then I do some more waiting and wait and wait. Did I mention waiting?

I give it two days between each call, and I continue to get the same answer over and over again, "please wait".

Next, I go to the NBN directly via Twitter and get a response; they tell me that an order for my address has not even been placed yet!!!! The NBN ask me for my order number, So i ring Barefoot to get it, expect they have no idea what that is and can't give it to me. #seriously!!! They tell me it's because of their wholesaler and it will be no different anywhere I go. #getanewwholesaler

So I call their bluff and go to a couple of other companies - They all give me an installation date right there on the phone via accessing the NBN portal directly. I go to two other companies ....precisely the same thing, they both also give me an installation date right there and then.

I back to Barefoot and ask to speak to someone, and their phone system for leaving messages is broken, and I proceeded to tell the guy in sales about it so they can fix it. He rudely tells me that it's my phone and hangs up in my face -rudely. #bigbreathinbigbreathout

I'll be honest; I really wanted to like these guys and for them to be really good. The reviews seem great, but so far it has been a joke.

Here's a free tip for you Barefoot - keeping a customer informed is the key to customer satisfaction, even if you can't supply the service that you say you can, (which at this point it seems you can't) keeping them in the loop is critical - no just saying "you'll have to wait".

So based on all of the trial and tribulations, today I decided to cancel my application and subscription before it even gets started and go somewhere else.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Pete, Sorry to have lost you as a customer. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of NBN Co. We were advised by NBN Co. directly that there is currently an issue with the NBN portal generating appointments for HFC orders. No ETA was provided, this is why we could not provide an ETA to you. We can't comment on what other providers tell you before you sign up, but we have no contracts so if customers are unhappy, which you were, you are free to leave. We back ourselves and are confident we keep all customers in the loop, however when no ETA is provided then we can't provide you an ETA. We are sorry to have lost you as a customer, best of luck with your new provider.Thanks for your comments, My only answer to this is three things; 1 - Tell your customers that the problem exists before signing or when you find out. Allow the customer to make an informed decision based on the facts, rather than failing to inform them of critical information. A customer you miss is better than an upset customer that cancels before connection and leaves a bad review. 2 - Other providers - signed up and an appointment booked the next day. So I am not sure what's happening at your end.....but you might want to find out, both yourself and the wholesaler could not even give me an order number to reference when speaking directly with NBN. 3 - When someone rings up and tells you your phone service is not working as it should and trying to help you out .....being rude A&*holes is not helping your cause. I am happy to give the guys name if you want it, as this is not the forum your internal performance management process. P.

This service can't even load speedtest.net - now that's bad

So bad. I was better off using dial up internet. Or leapfrogging from my phone. This service occasionally comes close to the mbs you're paying for. But mostly it can't even play netflix reliably. Less honest than the government.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ally, Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you contacted our support team so we can troubleshoot? We would love to try and rectify any issues.Yes I did.Hi Ally, Can you advise of the ticket number received if email contact was made with our support team?

Honestly not worth the time and money. Junk!

We setup an ADSL 2 connection to our house. Our old speeds use to be 12 fast and flat down and 1.2 up. Now with barefoot, we get the barefoot minimum. 2-5mbs down and .2 up if we're lucky. The line can now not even handle the 4 people in the house. We shouldn't have moved from TPG i didn't realise they would provide us with a worse connection. These reviews now seem dodgy, too many positive reviews for an ISP. Somethings sketchy. We rang the tech support on the first day of activation and the technician said "So would you like to cancel than?" The customer support is so bad. You ring, they take your details EVERY TIME and then call you back. What kind of call centre is that! I've had to give my details EVERY TIME over 10 TIMES! Turns out in the end they put us on ADSL1 instead of ADSL2+ without asking or telling us. Charging us $70 a month for ADSL 1 WHAT A JOKE!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi John, We are sorry you feel this way. 1. We can assure you that every review on this page is 100% legitimate. 2. When all of our support team are on calls you are directed to our overflow team and we endeavour to call you back ASAP (usually within the hour). We believe our call back method is better than having to wait on hold for a long period of time. 3. As per our Critical Information Summary (CIS), we provision the best available ADSL service for your premises. We can see that we have gone back to Telstra to see if an ADSL2 port has become available as one was not available when your order was originally placed. If one is available your service will be moved to ADSL2.Starting a sentence with "Sorry you feel this way" is honestly a little snark. We didn't screw up the install to ADSL 1 when ADSL 2 was available. You did. We feel no way other than cancelling, contacting the ombudsman and getting a refund for this poor, poor service. 1. Ok sure. 2. I've never, and i mean never been able to contact the support team and get through. I have always needed to give my name, address, number. Every time. Don't lie. It's not overflow it's how you handle support calls. 3. We rang Telstra and Belong and they said over 600 ADSL2+ ports were available at our exchange. So, you're either not wanting to pay for the exchange or you're lying, or you screwed up the install. 4. We're moving to Belong and it took 1 install and about 15 calls, emails and other useless ways before we thought we will never be coming back.Hi John, Our response was not intended to be snark at all. As advised, when we initially ordered your service, a service qualification check indicated that no ADSL2 ports were available. There is no difference in the cost for ADSL2 or ADSL1 so we would always want to offer you the best connection possible - we do not pay extra to access ports, that's not how it works. We believe you have spoken to a senior staff member and you have advised that you are moving to another ISP, we are sorry to see you go.