Barefoot Telecom

Reliable Service...

Barefoot is a reliable service that has good communication skills, however, existing members/loyal customers aren't able to change their plans easily, and are not rewarded with the same value as what new sign-ups are, which is disappointing. It would be lovely if we were acknowledged for our commitment to the company.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Morgan, Very glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! We offer a different promotion to our existing customers compared to our new ones. Thanks for your feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Good when it works

It has problems with speed at 10 pm to 11 every night. After that it goes back to normal. Same in the mornings. From 9 am to 10 pm. There seems to be a dead period.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Kim, Sorry to hear this. We can't see that you have contacted our support team to report any issues with your service? If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP so we can troubleshoot. Regards, The Barefoot team.

The price is good but the quality not really.

The price is good, but the quality not really. Speed is way lower than what they offered. We experienced weak speed during weekends.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Rouhollah, We can't see that you have contacted our support team to report any issues with your service? If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP so we can troubleshoot. Regards, The Barefoot team

Basic connection

At peak hours the speed are so slow if there are three or more users.
Price is competitive and service is good.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Pedro, Sorry to hear this. If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 so we can investigate. Regards, The Barefoot team

Not user friendly for multiple accounts management!

1. Customer service is great, you don't have to wait when you call their CS. Their CS is the best in Australia

2. They use Telstra's phone lines in Sydney, it took 3 whole days to just wait for the technicians at home and more than 1 month to get the internet actually connected for 2 of the apartments and 2 weeks for the other 2.
While Exetel got my places connected within 10 days and able to send Optus' technicians to my places the next day after I called their CS. Exetel uses Optus's phone lines in Sydney.

3. Another downside is that I connected a couple of my places with Barefoot, and they separate my 4 addresses into 4 different accounts. When I wanted to check my bills, I have to log in 4 times for them while other utility companies actually let me manage all addresses in one account.

I decided to use other telecoms after I found these issues. Other than this, I'm happy with their customer services.

Barefoot should consider switching to Optus instead of Telstra in Sydney area.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Angus, Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. We are glad to hear you are happy with our customer service, we strive to offer the best service possible. We will also take your feedback on board regarding connection times and multiple accounts. Unfortunately we don't have any control over Telstra technicians and their process so it can sometimes be frustrating if there are delays that we can't avoid. In regards to multiple accounts for multiple services, this is something we are working on addressing as we are always looking at ways to improve our offering and make it easier for all of our customers. Thanks again for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

A little disappointed :-(

A little disappointing! Firstly they could not order my NBN service, as it came up with "mismatch" now I am not sure if that is NBN co or Barefoot! A little digging on my part and I was able to offer them all the details to speed things along, or who knows how long it would have taken!

Bought a preset modem for a "plug and play" experience, and the internet did not work over wifi or lan. Support had been pretty good in keeping in touch with progress, until I got my text message saying I was up and running! I phoned support at 1pm, I emailed them at 3pm as I seem to get a quicker response, as I STILL had not heard from anyone. I finally got a phone call at 4pm!!! The guy I spoke to was very helpful and got our internet up and running.....however our voip is not working......and it has been 24 hours now and still no solution! Their "live chat" is far from it, what a joke!! When I phone my original home number, it rings....but who knows where, not at home! I phone from my home line and I have a continuous beep in my ear as it rings my mobile....except it is showing up with my home number, not the voip! I finally got my voip number as I have been given no details whatsoever, but found my voip number on my invoice (Thanks for that!!!) and I tried ringing it from my mobile and it obviously is not active as it just disconnects the call!!! Great Service.......up until NBN was connected!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi sharonspost, We believe we have spoken to an account holder and your VoIP service is now working. We have also logged a fault with NBN Co. for your speed issues.Yes, I spent 3 hours myself doing research to rectify the voip, so, yes, voip is up and running, thanks to me!! Hopefully NBN Co will come to the party and I can have constant speed, rather than below adsl speed that Im currently getting!Now I am running around in circles, started off with speed issues and now constant dropouts! Called, they took the stability profile of and had a 12 hour drop out and improved speed when it eventually came back on!!! We are back to square one, they have now re-enabled the stability profile and we have a drop in speed and drop-outs.....back to exactly the same place we started at a week ago!!! Far from impressed!!

OK for a while, now very slow.

It was going well for a while, then just recently speeds dropped to an unacceptable level.
I wonder if Barefoot did something in the background because it's now showing that my ISP is DODO when I do a speediest, and I don't think it was before.
NBN to premises

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Dave Canberra, Please drop an email to support as we would love to resolve your recent issues. Just to clarify, we have absolutely nothing to do with Dodo at all. We are independently owned and operated.

My home address is 489 Redland Bay Road Capalaba QLD 4157. - do you provide ADSL in this area? - what is the average speed at peak hours in this area? Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Is Barefoot and Mate telecom same company ?
Yes they are.Yes. Barefoot will be shown as Mate Communicate in your bank statement.Hi kumar, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company operating separate retail brands.

Hey I was just wondering for adsl what are the network speeds to choose from in megabits per second (mbps)?
Hi Kyle, The maximum theoretical speed on an ADSL servce is up to 20Mbps. In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

ADSLNBN 12 (Lite)NBN 25 (Mid)NBN 50 (Max)NBN 100 (Ultra)
Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00