Barefoot Telecom

Good so far

I haven't had any issues with internet and it was easy to connect and set everything up. So far internet has been stable and normal speed, with the usual slow times after 5pm as with every other provider I have had in the past. I only had only issue with getting my new SIM card with them and they made a whole month of my life really difficult without any proper solution but for me to return to my old phone provider and their customer service is not great.

Start DateNovember 2018
Set-up Time30 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Vaj, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our mobile service and customer service. Can you please advise your account number so we address this matter ASAP?

Easy to deal with, do what they say they will do. Reliable service

Reliable, with constant download and upload speed. Download always between 45 & 47 Mbps. In nearly 12 months have only experienced just a very few short dropouts. We have a home phone VOIP service as part of the bundle, this has worked seamlessly, with better volume and clarity than our old ADSL service.

Start DateApril 2018
Set-up Time12 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledBundled
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Richard, Many thanks for your review! Glad to hear you have had a good experience. Regards, The Barefoot team

Took a while to get connected

It took a while to get my service connected as Telstra kept rejecting the order from Barefoot saying there were no ports available at my address. I nearly cancelled the order because Barefoot couldn't guarantee any ports would become available. Eventually (3 weeks later) Telstra managed to "release" new ports and the service was connected. Connection is good most times although sometimes it can be a little patchy when you watch Instagram stories or if 2 people are streaming at the same time.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Hellibelly, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Finally Telco provider in Oz that works out of the box

Giving 4 stars for old-looking members portal, everything else is great. This was our first move in Oz that did not require technician etc from telco company (we've been with Telstra and Optus directly before). Modem sent to our address worked in plug-and-play fasion. Also there 10GB 30$/mo deal for mobile phone for dsl customers is great value for money. When moving from ADSL to NBN also everything worked out of the box, and we didn't pay anything for technician.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nikola, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great service, friendly

Barefoot are very reliable, friendly and offer a great service. They occasionally have drop outs but these are usually followed up with explanation e-mails or texts.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Nathan, Thanks for the review! We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience. Regards, The Barefoot team.

Very good service. I recommend.

Pros: Reasonably fast and usually consistent. No data limit.
Cons: Dropouts when you need most (peak hours) with quite long downtimes. Could be faster if fibre to the unit instead of to the building.
Price: could be lower but still ok.
Even though Barefoot is still the best provider I know of, there is still room for improvements.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Mark, Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great Internet speed and friendly service. They do direct debit from your account so you don't have

Quick Internet. Always friendly service and they are Australian on the phone. Payment is direct debit from your bank which I enjoy because I don't have to worry about paying a paper bill. Never had a problem. Been with them for 12 months. I stream Netflix with no issues.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Claire, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Happy process, good customer service, product is unfortunately similar to all others in Australia, l

Occasional dropouts, difficulty with simultaneous multiple device use, overall slow service. This is however my experience of about 5 ISPs at all price points in Cable, ADSL and NBN. We are so far behind the rest of the world.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Keegan, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great Value Good Service

We switched from the main australian telco due to over inflated prices and not willing to look after its long term customers , we have nbn and mobile with barefoot and would recommend them to anyone who is after no hassle service and a service that just works.
We have been very happy with them so far for the last 6 months , the only issue we have had is the modem we bought through them wasn't the best and had to by another , also their help line is limited but they do try and help till the problem is resolved.
They are also very quick to respond to questions and queries we had overall we think that our old telco could learn something from barefoot.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mary, Thanks for sharing your experience! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great product, friendly service

There have been a couple of annoying service outages. Communication of these was a little slow. Remediated quickly however. This is my only negative for this service which is great.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Matthew, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Really good value for money and great customer service

Very reliable, but there have been at least two dropouts in the last 12 months. Very satisfied with the service and support.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Tony, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

could improve

good connection till evening between 6 till 10 can go from 50mbts speed 5 meg a sec, down to basic adsl 512k speed so frustrating if you are trying to online game of youtube with more than 2 others online so this could improve.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Sion, Thanks for your review! If you experience slow speeds during the evening on a regular basis, be sure to let our support team know so we can check and see if we can resolve this issue for you. Regards, The Barefoot teamI was assuming it was due to peak times there congestion on lines.but if this is not the case yes ill be in contact to see if this can be rectified . regards Steven Williams.

Great service, especially for the price.

Barefoot's services are amazing for the price I pay, Compared to more well know telco's, barefoot is honest and straight forward. Even when I left temporarily from Barefoot, no hassle or fuss, Barefoot were more then accommodating for me to leave and more then welcoming for when i decided to return. So far i have only had one outage from barefoot with plenty of information to keep me up to date.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Nic, Glad to hear you are so happy, and that we have kept you informed! Regards, Barefoot team

Great provider

Very reliable service with no problems never had a dropout yet and three teens full time online gamers my unlimited plan is excellent.

Connection TypeISP Cable
Hi Will, Many thanks for your review, much appreciated! Regards, Barefoot team

Ok on Average

On average, not much issue and internet is ok. Occasionally signal gets drop off, not sure if that’s the provider’s issue or the router’s issue?

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tung Houng, If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 so we can investigate. Regards, The Barefoot team

Great value for money

Barefoot one of the easiest ISPs I have used. Customer service and actual Internet service is top notch. Only thing that might be lacking is customer notification via sms or something non Internet when their are outages.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Andrew, Very glad to hear you have had a good experience! Thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Efficient & informative customer service; reasonably stable streaming

The pricing is very competitive, furthermore, the customer service is excellent and I was surprised how easy the initial set-up was (from ADSL to NBN).
In the evenings we can achieve around a 28 - 33 Mbps download speed which is a vast improvement from our previous ADSL connection (with a different ISP) with which we were obtaining speeds of 7 MBps. Noting that due to our NBN having to piggyback on our existing copper lines, it means that there is a significant limitation to the maximum speed achievable. Nevertheless, we have since subscribed to Netflix and am generally satisfied with the video streaming. We do have occasional dropouts in the evenings, but nothing to frustrate us that much.
Overall, we are very satisfied with Barefoot Telecom's service and performance.

Hi Violet, Cheers for your feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

I really like Barefoot. They are very helpful and very easy to understand

The connection is good. It can be slow on the weekends. I'm thinking of increasing my speed to the next one up. I'm at 20/50 at the moment. It's only $20 more a month to increase. Making it $89 which is still $30 bucks less than what I used to paid with broadband.
Their customer service is very good. Friendly, helpful and patient. They speak clearly, and I am always able to solve my problem over the phone.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Earl, Very glad to hear you have had a good experience! If you are experiencing speed issues on the weekend, please be sure to contact our support team on 1300 017 622 so we can investigate. Regards, Barefoot team

Solid internet provider

So far no drop outs compared with my old provider belong, which would drop out all the time with the mid range plan
Barefoot has reliable fast speeds for the same price, and not one drop out so far.
I have had no issues with barefoot and I am quite please for what I am paying for, considering the above average cost for internet prices compared to overseas countries

Hi Babbs, Cheers for your feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

Service is good, product is questionable

I have to restart the modem often, ADSL2 normally download is around 9-10.5 mbps but can get low as 1.3mbps that's when have to restart modem, Upload is always very slow lucky to 1.5mbps

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Guilio, Thanks for your feedback. If you are experiencing any issues, please contact our support team so we can troubleshoot. Regards, Barefoot team

My home address is 489 Redland Bay Road Capalaba QLD 4157. - do you provide ADSL in this area? - what is the average speed at peak hours in this area? Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Is Barefoot and Mate telecom same company ?
Yes they are.Yes. Barefoot will be shown as Mate Communicate in your bank statement.Hi kumar, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company operating separate retail brands.

Hey I was just wondering for adsl what are the network speeds to choose from in megabits per second (mbps)?
Hi Kyle, The maximum theoretical speed on an ADSL servce is up to 20Mbps. In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

ADSLNBN 12 (Lite)NBN 25 (Mid)NBN 50 (Max)NBN 100 (Ultra)
Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00