Barefoot Telecom

Great Service, Local Support

I switched from another provider to Barefoot a few weeks ago and the experience so far has been very good. It's almost impossible to find a local ISP that hasn't cheap-shored it's service arm overseas, these guys are based in Sydney and are a small team so you always speak to a real person. Quality service and support so far, let's hope it doesn't deteriorate otherwise I'll have to look elsewhere... AGAIN!

Great service!

Great customer service which is rare to find. The barefoot team have been great in setting up our ADSL account. Any teething problems we have had have been resolved quickly and efficiently. Highly recommended!

Simply Stunning Service

I recently changed internet provider to Barefoot Telecom and what a difference that has made. These guys are dedicated to providing service. Remember that word "SERVICE" ? Well Barefoot Telecom provide it in heaps. Their slogan is: "We are not your average Telco". They certainly are not, and on top of that their support is local and not offshore. I highly recommend them to any one looking for a first class internet provider.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

This company is the real deal as far as I am concerned!

I wrote a review a while ago about the BELONG NBN plan and how disgusted I was with the service.
Well I eventually was able to get out of my contract via the "Communications Ombudsman".
I had to start looking on the web all over again looking for a company that wasn't going to be the same as the previously mentioned one.
I was also armed with the knowledge that I had accrued over the four month period with Belong.
Well just when I thought I was never going to find one, low and behold I found one.
The company's name is BAREFOOT. It sounds a bit of an unusual name but this is where it gets interesting :-
This is an NBN internet supply only (but you can still get the Voip or similar service separately).
There is no contract.
There is no connection fee.
You only pay your first month's payment of $79-00 to be connected.
The minimum speed with this company is 50/20mbps and 200gbs per month (That's my plan).
NOT 12 or 25 but 50mbps.
If you want to go to a higher speed i.e) 100/40mbps it will cost you another $10-00 and you can get unlimited for a further $10-00 per month on any plan.
The only negative with company is they DO NOT supply a router suitable for NBN.
You will have to purchase one from a store yourself.
I purchased a used one from Gumtree at a fraction of it's retail price and it is working great.

I hope I have given all of you who read this a little bit of an insight and help.
Just a small note regarding the quality of this service.
I have had NO DROP OUTS, I repeat NO DROP OUTS since connecting with this provider.

Awesome Customer Service!!

Barefoot Telecom have provided the most amazing customer service and surpassed anything I received (in my 8 years with iiNet). I call Barefoot, they answer the call.....with a local Australian on the other end of the phone, one who actually understands what I am asking for. I email Barefoot a question about my pending connect...,,,,I receive an answer to my email within 10 minutes, with an answer to my question!! I am told by Barefoot that my service will be connect by a set date......my service is up and running BEFORE the said date. I have now had my ADSL service up and running for over a month, and not a hiccup, we have not had the service drop out once. Everything is running smoothly, the price is super competitive, the internet speed is great (and we usually have 4 computers logged in at once). I would highly recommend Barefoot for anyone who is looking for a company with "old fashioned", (on shore) service and a fantastic product. Give them a go, you really won't regret it.

Awesome customer service

We recently had a new NBN installation. Set up was completed in the advised timeframes. Connection is fast. Very happy. I would like to thank the Barefoot team for their quality customer service and their promptness. Their website says "not you average telco", I would definitely say they are superb. Many thanks again.

Bad Internet Service and Customer Service

I subscribed to this ISP based on the reviews here. Reviews were accurate on how fast the service was established. In less than a week the Internet was up and running and I didn't even have to be home.

Issues:
1. In their website Barefoot claimed you can use any modem and offer to help setting it up. When I called them for help their representative went: we don't support iiNet [name removed] and how some internet providers lock their modems blah blah. He called back and apologised and offered to help but it was hassle for me and I didn't appreciate the way he first talked to me considering there was no pre-requisite to certain modem

2. The Internet service is slow! And I live around 5 km away from the city. Forget about playing a video games on a console or tablet. Forgot about watching video streams or podcasts or (God forbids) to attend a webinar!
I raised a simple question to their help desk," is this internet plan fast enough for video games?", it's been 13 days since I exchanged emails with their Support and no one is confirmed if the damn plan is for regular browsing and downloads or not. They even sent me this stupid link of speedtest! Like I'm a newbie to Internet or something and the result of testing it Early in the morning with one device at home rated 3 stars and the barefoot support claims "it's fair"

3. Their IT support call during my working hours (9-5) and leave voice messages asking me to call back their help desk. When I call the help desk they ask for my contact details and say: someone from our IT support will call you back... And so forth on this cycle!

I'm counting the days for the first month to end to move to another ISP. The only reason I gave them two stars not one is for establishing the Internet connection on time.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi CH Girl, First of all we would like to apologise for the current issues you are having. In response to your post please see below: 1. This is completely unacceptable and has been addressed internally with our team. We offer a BYO Modem option and if we do this then we need to offer the support that comes with offering this option. Once again we apologise for this issue. 2. We provide our ADSL service via the Telstra network. Your service is residential grade and is achieving speeds above 8Mbps. Speeds can be affected by many factors including how far you are from the exchange, the quality of the copper cabling etc. In saying that, this is generally a good and acceptable speed when it comes to ADSL2+. The speeds are acceptable for Australian streaming services, YouTube and general, day-to-day residential traffic. Regarding gaming, it really depends on the device you are connecting with and where the gaming server is located. 3. We can call you before 9am or after 5pm. Our customer service team is open from 8:30am to 7:00pm Monday - Saturday. Please let us know when you would like us to call. In the meantime we believe we have actually made contact with you and worked out some possible resolutions for your issue. We have forwarded you a new modem so we can see if the Wi-Fi signal on your BOB modem is causing your issues - from our understanding everything you are doing is via Wi-Fi. Regarding gaming and connecting to overseas servers, we always recommend connecting hardwired to your modem as this will give a much more consistent speed. Our representatives will keep in contact with you to confirm that the modem is improving your experience with Barefoot Telecom. We are really hoping that you remain a customer. We have no contracts as we believe in backing ourselves and if a customer is not happy for whatever reason they shouldn’t be forced to stay a customer. Kind Regards, Barefoot Telecom

Firstly, I would like to thank John (from sales team I think sorry) and barefoot team for great service. Barefoot telecom wasn't listed on the providers around parramatta area so called them. John looked it up and found out I could get nbn with them. He helped me signed up with 100/40 plan on Friday and Monday all connected. So far so good fast and no drop out. Give Barefoot Telecom a chance and try them. They are not the cheapest but cheaper than some and way way better service. Thank you so much barefoot team.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi YTO, Thanks for your review! Great to hear of your positive experience.

Weren't able to connect us, but good customer service.

They were not able to tell us in advance that they couldn't connect us because we were on Optus lines, but they have good customer service & helped us out.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi John R, Sorry we couldn't help you, but thanks for the great feedback!

Most Excellent :D

I got connected to NBN a few months ago and have had incredible internet conectivity since :D
The connection is fast reliable and well fast :D
I had run into one drama connecting to a online game server but the support staff got back to me in great time and helped me fix the issue (which was self inflicted as it turned out)
all in all a very efficient friendly and profesional ISP team :D
they iz Ub3r L33T

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Artor, Thanks for your great review! Glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Hopeless customer service

Requested standalone broadband plan, After checking my area exchange I was told that they can provide me adsl2+ Once the phone line was active plan fee was processed and then after few days they informed they can not provide.

It's been over 8 days they still haven't refunded paid amount or any updates from them but I'm very happy I didn't get the service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi G.S, Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Can you please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 as we have no record of this. All refunds are processed within three business days. With a standalone plan we do not activate a phone line as the phone line is already active with another provider - we simply order the ADSL on this line.Hi, Yes I have already sent a message through barefoot contact us page few days ago before posting here. I was also told by barefoot agent on the phone that refund will be processes within 1-3 days. I requested standalone plan, phone line was connected by other provider after barefoot assured me they can provide me ADSL 2 + at my Address.Hi G.S, Our support team have contacted you today via email and processed your refund. We apologise about the delay on this. Unfortunately the only way to know if a service will be provisioned is to place an order - in some cases there are issues with Service Qualification checks on Telstra's ADSL network but unfortunately we do not get advised of these until an order is placed.

Refreshing Refreshing

We recently moved into a place that was services by NBN and having lived in the USA I was used to fast internet and pretty good all round service. I know Telstra have picked up their customer service game but I felt they were still a bit too pricey. So I started reviewing unknown providers.
I settled on my first phone call with the guys at Barefoot and found immediate super helpful service with clear technical support. I felt not only were they doing good business but they wanted me to have a great experience and this is what I received.
Although I'm only in my first month of supply it feels great to have a reliable service and be part of an interested young Australian company.
Connected quickly, excellent technical backup and high speed 100/40 internet all at a fair price.
I'll be sharing Barefoot with my family and friends.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear you have had a great experience.

Not upfront about costs and nature of installation, and caused problems even after cancelled

When I rang up barefoot to get a quote, I was told that the installation fee would be $59. I double checked this, as another internet provider told us we would need to get a technician out and I wanted to make sure I knew of all the upfront costs. I was assured that $59 would be the only setup cost and as a result I decided to proceed. Much to my annoyance, a couple of days later I was told that the cost would actually be close to $200 as they would need to get a technician out. We did not have an active phone line they told us, and we should contact our landlord to get them to pay the cost. This was untrue, given that our landlord subsequently advised us that there was in fact an active phone line, it just happened to be with optus rather than telstra. Thinking we would just go with optus, I called up to cancel and was refunded. Unfortunately, Barefoot had already proceeded to organise the technician (prior to us agreeing, in fact we never agreed, to a technician coming to the property), and failed to cancel the technician visit, so instead I have received numerous calls and texts from telstra about a technician visit that was never requested nor approved at our rental property.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Failedconnection, Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately in some cases the network owner (in this case Telstra) will come back to us once an order is placed and advise that an in-place is no longer available and a technician visit is required. Unfortunately this means extra charges and the only way we find out about these charges is by placing an order. We use the Telstra network, so if there is an active line with Optus we are unable to use this line. Please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 if you are still experiencing any issues regarding Telstra contact details - we apologise for this issue. Rest assured you have not been charged for the new line as you did not wish to go ahead with this.

Australian based but generally pass the buck and can't give you the answers you need

I am on NBN, the service for the most part started off reasonable. I started having issues and thats where barefoot struggles, because they just resell from NBNco if you have any issue they pass the back to them and you're in a waiting period until NBN decide to get back to them.

The support is OK, the guys are reasonably competent but I guess they're limited to what they are able to do.

I've had drop outs regularly since I've had the service, changed modem and still have the same issues.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi AussieFlyier, We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. We can see that our support team have obviously gone through the troubleshooting process including trying a new modem. Rest assured that we will not "pass the buck" at all and we pride ourselves on doing everything in our power to resolve any issues you may have. We do resell from NBN Co. via the Vocus network, however all providers do this as NBN Co. owns the network. Any issues need to be raised with NBN Co. as it is their network.

Incredibly friendly + helpful!!! PERFECT service

I spoke with a lovely gentleman who was friendly, helpful and without hassle or over analysing the situation. Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!!!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Dave, Thanks for the great review!

Super Service - Super Fast

Switched from ADSL2 to NBN, even though civil works stuffed up and hadn't completed the connection to premises, Barefoot managed to get it all organized to happen in one day, my connection was active the very next day, then i had issues connecting the router, one call and 5 minutes later i am up and running.

I switched to Barefoot from Exetel as i was not getting customer service, since I changed over i cannot fault the service, responsiveness and friendly communication... forget the big boys stick with local Aussie excellence
Cheers Matt

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Matty, Thanks for the fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are up and running.

Outstanding Service

From sign up to connection the service had been outstanding
Thanks heaps for getting us going without any fuss what soever

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Cooky, Thanks very much for your great feedback!

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE EVERY TIME

Was on ADSL, now NBN, everything was organised in an extremely short time, I have noticed the NBN speed straight away, the team helped me to reset my modem over the phone. Barefoot give me excellent service as always, a great company and provider to deal with, Thank You all

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Merv H, Glad to hear your experience was positive! Thanks for the review.

Excellent service

Thank you for your excellent service. It is such a pleasure to be able to speak with such helpful people. A big congratulations to all the staff. Our connection to the NBN was so well organised and happened without any fuss.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Leona F, Glad to hear your NBN connection went well!Glad two see they are in Australian and not using over seas call center

Great TelCo Customer Service

Switched from ADSL TPG to Barefoot NBN only (FTTN) - straightforward set-up, some hick ups with the NBN line activation, but were responsive via email/phone and sorted it out relatively quickly (5 business days) given that NBN crews are very busy. BYO modem option worked well for us. Don't try to hard sell you anything. Refreshing TelCo experience.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Hanna, Thanks very much for the great review!