Barefoot Telecom

Great company

Their delivery and connection dates were earlier than expected.
Their tech support line is answered immediately and your not left on hold for hours waiting, like with other internet providers.
All of my technical issues have been resolved promptly by helpful and friendly staff.

Start DateApril 2018
Set-up Time3 days
Standalone or BundledBundled

Excellent product/service.

Lives up to it's claims, has just given me a further 3 months at the lower introductory rate, I'm so impressed because it was unexpected. Download and upload speeds are consistent and what we signed up for.

Start DateOctober 2018
Set-up Time1 days
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Grateful to their customers

When calling Barefoot there are very short if not non existent wait times and the staff are extremely helpful and professional. When issues have occurred they have been dealt with quickly and professionally putting costumer satisfaction first.

Start DateMay 2016

Brilliant company to deal with ☆☆☆☆☆

I have used Barefoot Telecom for both NBN and ADSL services over the past 3+ years, initially for their great value and no contract, then delighted to discover a company with awesome customer service. A very helpful team which goes above and beyond the call of duty, regular updates when there were occasional NBN drop-outs, and even replacing my modem free of charge when it became faulty after moving house. It would take a lot for me to jump ship to another provider!

Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Irene M, Wow, what can we say! Many thanks for your fantastic review. Glad to hear we have provided you a good experience! Regards, The Barefoot teamKeep up the awesome work Team!!

Great service. No issues. Support team very helpful

Connection stable. We are some distance from the local NBN node speed is 35-36 mbs download. Was same ratio as ADSL. Would be nice if a little faster, nonetheless happy.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Set-up Time5 days
Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mark, Thanks for your review. Regards, The Barefoot team.

It's amazing what a difference good service makes!

I've been with Barefoot for about 12 months and they've been just fantastic. Connection was easy and the speed is consistently good.

But the real clincher is the customer service. When call Barefoot I usually get through in less than a minute, and not only when I was a potential new customer but afterwards too. Plus if the wait time is likely to be longer, they offer to call you back - and then they actually do! (Shocking right?) The staff there are always friendly and they know their stuff.

I recently had a look around for a cheaper price, and while I did find a plan that was a few dollars less per month, the reviews for that company were absolutely terrible. In the end it was Barefoot's excellent customer service that tipped the scales in their favour. I don't need to call them often, but when I do, I know it will be stress-free.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mel C, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Great customer service

I have always said that the true way to see how good a company is to make a complaint. Any organisation can be good when everything is going great and their customers are happy it is when things go wrong that first-rate companies shine. Barefoot Investor have provided my household with fantastic service! The first instance was a misunderstanding on my part. We signed up for the $89.00 for 6 months deal and then $99.00. The 6 months came up quickly and when I disputed their charge they explained in a polite, non-patronising manner my error. The 2nd instance was we started to experience up to 3 dropouts per day with our NBN. I contacted them, they responded to me within 24 hours saying they agreed that the number of dropouts was unacceptable and would deal with it. They asked for a bit more info from us and within 48 hours it was fixed. Thanks!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Amanda H, Wow, thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Great to hear we have dealt with your complaints well. Regards, The Barefoot team

So far so good

Spent 6 months on a byo month to month plan and have not had a single issue so far. Speeds have been great, setup was easy and their customer service has been perfect so far.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Hun, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Absolutely fabulous first up experience!

Contacted Barefoot at around 3:00 pm yesterday, service was connected by 7:00 pm! - had to wait until this morning for telephonic advice for router set-up - then away we flew at 30 down/20 up at 9:00 am. Superb service from staff members - and I can actually understand them because they speak Ozspeak. If this experience persists, I will be one very happy geriatric.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi oldnugly, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team.

All Good

The connection has been reliable.
Started having WiFi dropping out and called support who traced it to the modem being faulty and then replaced it and paid postage for returning of faulty modem - all of which was organised and handled very smoothly.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jill, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

The service provided by Barefoot Telecom has been seamless. It is fantastic to have service needs met so readily and with tech experts without having to be on hold for hours on end. Very much appreciated.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Rob, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent service

Signed up online Friday arvo and was connected 10am Saturday morning after previously waiting 11 days to be connected by a different provider.

Thanks Barefoot Telecom

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi nikki82, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Great Service & Product

Very easy to contact the company and you will be answered by an Australian who understands the issue and wants to help.

The only hiccup I had with connecting my service was finding the correct port to plug the modem into. The guy I was speaking to on the phone was very patient and fully prepared to stay on the line while I went round my new residence trying each one I found.

Have been up and running nearly three months now and my ADSL connection has been outstanding.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Shell, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Zero complaints

The biggest thing for me is how easy the company is to deal with. Contacting them is easy. They are efficient and friendly and the whole process is always so simple. I cannot fault any of the dealings with the barefoot team including a difficult intial connection, moving to a house with no address, and missed payments.
Connection has always been reliable, despite living in a bad area and I haven’t had any issues with the service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Corinne, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent ISP all round

Barefoot is probably the best ISP I've ever had. No lock in contracts, no joining or leaving fee, fast installation, helpful Aussie call centre... I'm not sure what they could do to improve! Superior service and value to all other ISPs.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Good Reliable service

Only dropouts have been NBN created or updates, good customer service to resolve NBN issue and set up of modem

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Ericneil, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, Barefoot team

Barefoot NBN - Great service

We have a rental property and wanted to provide internet access for our overseas tenant.
Saw Barefoot on a Google search, prices looked good so gave them a go.
Received a phone message to say it would be installed on a specific date between 1.00pm and 5.00pm and to be at the house at that time.
The technician came at 1.30 and the job was completed by 2.00.
At 2.05 received a text message to say the Line and service were now active.
Entered details into the modem that we supplied and Hey Presto we were surfing the net.
Tenant Extremely happy so were we.
Excellent service, price and deal and customer service is here in OZ. AAA+++

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

Signed up, got connected, works fine. Quick and helpful support.

With ISP providers, if you don't have a reason to give them thought let alone contact them, it means they are doing alright.
I signed up with Barefoot early September, and it "just works". No dropouts, no real slowdowns at any part of the day.

I did reach out to support during setup, because something had gone wrong due to my previous ISP going bust and instructing my connection to be disconnected, which was actioned just *after* I had been churned. So not Barefoot's fault, but they explained it well. So thumbs up for a fast and accurate response.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Koffer Koper, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words. Glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Regards, The Barefoot team

Very friendly and clear service said excactly how long it would take and they had me connected in a

Very good had no issue signing up they where very helpful everything was done in a matter of a couple of days sending the modem and getting connected.

I have had no connection issues so far.

very easy to deal with would recomend them to anyone.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The Barefoot team

Could not reach the internet

I was so impressed that the High-Speed service I ordered Sunday was connected already the following day. However, I could not get out onto the Internet and called Customer Service. It turned out that I had made a "typo" when setting up the modem. The issue was quickly resolved. Thank you, Barefoot.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Erik, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

My home address is 489 Redland Bay Road Capalaba QLD 4157. - do you provide ADSL in this area? - what is the average speed at peak hours in this area? Thanks, Jack
Hi Jack, In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

Is Barefoot and Mate telecom same company ?
Yes they are.Yes. Barefoot will be shown as Mate Communicate in your bank statement.Hi kumar, Barefoot Telecom and MATE Communicate are the same company operating separate retail brands.

Hey I was just wondering for adsl what are the network speeds to choose from in megabits per second (mbps)?
Hi Kyle, The maximum theoretical speed on an ADSL servce is up to 20Mbps. In order for us to see what Internet services we can provide you, we will need to perform a full service qualification check on your address. Could you please send your full address including any unit/street numbers, state and postcode to support@barefoottelecom.com.au so we can check and advise?

ADSLNBN 12 (Lite)NBN 25 (Mid)NBN 50 (Max)NBN 100 (Ultra)
Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00