Barrier Reef Pools WA

Barrier Reef Pools WA (page 2 of 2)

4.1

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (17)
  • Purchase Type
Phoebe

PhoebePerth, WA

EXCELLENT JOB

Barrier Reef Installed our Pool a few weeks ago it was done in a very professional way and in good time. My pool looks like it is in a resort . I could not be happier Thank you

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Purchase TypePool
Cheryl C

Cheryl CPerth, WA

Seamless experience

Had our pool installed a few weeks before Xmas last year and we couldn’t be happier with our experience. We had a few other quotes from competitors that did come in cheaper but I believe this is because Barrier Reef were so up front about any additional costs associated with the install as we needed rock hammering and had limited access to our block. Barrier Reef were able to overcome these obstacles and the end result is fantastic. Would definitely recommend!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Purchase TypePool

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks very much for your review. We pride our self customer service and satisfaction and we are glade to hear you are happy with your new barrier reef pool.

Customer Service lacking and poor communication

Have just installed a Barrier Reef Pool in Perth. Unfortunately have experience very poor customer service. Came to site late on most occasions and very unorganized, no dig plan, was not receptive to hearing our concerns and was aggressive in their response back to us. The electrician they sent out broke our electrical switch board but denied it. Have raise a few concerns but they are ignoring them and not getting back to us. Would not recommend BRP. In our experience they are certainly not the elite company in regards to customer service and workmanship that they tout.

Pool & Spa Shops

Find out how Barrier Reef Pools WA compares to other Pool & Spa Shops

Eddie

EddiePerth

8.5 Majestic Swimming pool

Purchased a Barrier Reef Pool 5 yrs ago now and would just like to say we have never had a problem from installation to pool maintenance everything has been great. I would be more than happy to recommend them if you are looking for a pool company with great customer service.

Avs

AvsPerth

Quality Product and Great Service

Barrier Reef Pools installed our pool over two years and we just had a minor issue with our pump. I contacted them on Monday and the issue was fixed two days later. This is good old fashioned service that very few companies seem to uphold these days. Thanks again Barrier Reef for excellent after sales service.

Meya

MeyaPerth

Excellent Service - Happy Customer!!

Our Barrier Reef pool was installed a few years ago now and we cannot fault the pool nor the service we received when it was installed. We have a standard chlorinator and my husband does a chemical balance every few weeks. We weren't aware you could damage fibreglass pools with high chlorine but we will be keeping a close eye on that from now on. Overall very happy with our experience.

Bernard Griffiths

Bernard GriffithsPerth, WA

Barrier Reef After Sales Service

After sales service by Barrier Reef Pools is exemplary making a pool purchase from them the best choice.
Steve from Barrier Reef goes above and beyond to assist Barrier Reef pool owners.

BenPerth

Gel Coat Issues Also after 3 Years

Barrier Reef Pools
Barrier Reef P.Barrier Reef Pools
Bradley H.Barrier Reef Pools WA

Hi Ben, We used a local pool shop which was within 5 mins drive from your house called Pool Time Myaree to conduct the water test. They have a water link spin touch machine to test the water and they are very accurate.

Neal

NealPerth

Pool Fade

Two year old pool that has faded by 50% of it's original colour. Called Barrier Reef and after 4 weeks of hounding them they have told me that it's chlorine bleaching. This is truly a convenient way of saying it's not our product or our problem but we can give it buff for $3000 to try and restore the colour. Spent $35000 on a pool I can no longer bare to look at and being told by the person I purchased it from that it's all my fault in an irate phone call, after I complained to the office. Whatever happened to customer service.

Bradley H.Barrier Reef Pools WA
Pool & Spa Shops

Find out how Barrier Reef Pools WA compares to other Pool & Spa Shops

Sally H

Sally Hasked

Hi are any of the pools with Gel Coat problems in Perth? Like another person here we have taken our cover off our barrier reef pool. To find the patchy fading on the pool. And more developing. We are so sad and devastated. So worried it can’t be fixed and won’t be managed by the company

Barrier Reef Pools
Barrier Reef P.Barrier Reef Pools

Hi Sally, you will need to contact BRP Perth as they manufacture in WA. They will be the best to talk with about your pool shell issue.
Thanks in advance

Kim H
Kim H

Hi Sally - yes we have the same problem in perth, and know of another BRP pool with the same problem. both are chlorine free pools so chlorine bleaching is not the problem. pool still works well but looks terrible. white buildup or degrading of the gelcoat is hard to know. have not found a chemical to remove it. was told it might be calcium silicate (calcium carbonate would come off with acid) BRP suggested a fix costing nearly $300 but did nothing.
Kim

Stephen R.
Stephen R.

We have the same problem, pool 18 months old, serviced monthly by the pool professional with test results recorded. Owner of BRP says he’s not going to do anything about and the warranty won’t cover it due to unfavourable test results. Just a cop out. The whole point of having regular testing is that if anything is slightly out, then it can be addressed. I questioned if the setup that they sold us was inadequate, this might at least explain the unfavourable results. I was told it was fine. Something clearly has gone wrong, and he’s looking for any reason not to honour his obligations. He’s basically told me that warranties aren’t worth anything. Surely they have insurance to cover things like this. It seems their warranty, peace of mind speech on the website is just a marketing tool with no actual substance behind it. Very sad that we now have to go down the lawyer route. Shame, I thought this company had some integrity.

Andrew

Andrewasked

Has anyone had any dealings with barrier in Joondalup, WA? On the fence with a couple of companies, but reading all these reviews I’m starting to move Barrier down the list.

Macca
Macca

Yes, we used barrier reef pools in Joondalup and I still wish we hadn’t. Such poor service, poor workmanship and our two year old pool is very faded. Go somewhere else!

Ali M
Ali M

Hi Macca, we had the same thing and Steve had the nerve to accuse us of not looking after our pool. Our pool is grey instead of sparkling blue. Have heard its a problem with the gel coat. Perhaps we should all band together and take some action?

Brad H.Barrier Reef Pools WA

Hi Steven, in the last three years our Barrier Reef Pools WA Manufacturing facility alone has produced over 2,000 swimming pools. How many bad reviews have you seen ? Barrier Reef Pools offer any customer to have there pool sample tested in an independent lab, you must take responsibility if the test passes and pay for the cost of the core sample test which is approx. $2,500. Please let me know if you would like us to organise this ? we are also happy for you to organise this your self. Our display pools in Mandurah were not maintained by our last managers who are no longer there but our display pools at O'Connor were so I ask you to go there and let me know what you think. Thanks Brad

Get an answer from our members and Barrier Reef Pools WA representatives