Battery World Physical store

Battery World Physical store

Battery World Super Expensive - Never Again

On the 7th June 2019, I purchased a battery CBP-BL4C, a V3, 3.7 Volt Lithium-Ion from Battery World, Lee & Thomas at Phillip, ACT, 2605. The proud price for this battery was $39.95. I fell on their Bateryology TV Advertisement that the product would be suited and the price fair. I was foolish not to shop around first and as I try supporting the local business first I purchased the battery. Later I found out that I could have purchased the same battery with a Samsung or a Nokia branded name from eBay for the price of $7.96 or from Ali Express for even less for only $4.73 plus a low postage price. Both the overseas companies and Battery World honour 1-year guaranty. The price difference was a whopping $35. If this is not the greatest rip-off, I would not know what a rip-off is.
Some battery company in Australia purchasing hundreds of such batteries from China makes a heap of money and feathering their nest very nicely.
Supporting the local shop or an Australian company does not pay at all. To be supportive of such merchants does only help them and most definitely not you. I should have followed my personal rule 'shop around before you purchase'.

Product PurchasedBattery CPB-BL4C 3.7V for Nokia and other Products

Great Service In Osborne Park

I received great service from Osborne park store. They took out old battery and inserted new one without having to be asked. Friendly service. Good product range in store. Would go there again.

Store LocationOSBORNE PARK WA

Still waiting

Called the Caboolture store to make inquiry as to whether they had a battery I wanted in stock, was told by the person on the phone that the person that could answer my question was on another call and they would get the person to call me back. Apparently this means you have to give your full name, phone numbers, address, and email...Name and number I gave but when I said why do you need all this just to tell me if you have a product in stock the girl on the phone said oh OK I'll get him to call back, 2 weeks later and I'm still waiting for that call, needless to say I got the product elsewhere and would never waste my time with this company again.

Store LocationCaboolture

Fiamm Lp 80 car battery - underperformance/faulty

I replaced my car battery in June 2017, purchasing a Fiamm Lp80, after being advised (by Battery world) this battery would last twice as long as an average battery (about 6 years)and cost $100 more. Long story short, battery went flat (no reason) less than 1 month past end of warranty date. Both NRMA and battery world staff said the battery should last longer than 2 years, but because it was past warranty nothing could be done. Very disappointed with outcome, if a battery has a life expectancy of 6 years and only lasts 2, it must be faulty. Staff at Battery world Port Macquarie, were great and they tried to help me out, but the manufacturers policy didn’t allow it. Feeling ripped off!

Store LocationPort Macquarie
Product PurchasedFiamm Lp80

Best service

Purchase car battery 20 months ago, went broken yesterday and the guys from Bankstown store replace it without question ask.
Definitely I’m recommending them and I bet you they have my business .

Store LocationBankstown
Warranty Claim MadeYes

very friendly and competitive prices

so I needed a battery urgently, driving down the back of the international airport on the Pacific Highway, came across Battery World at Tempe, drove in, and was approached by two technicians who immediately and swiftly took out my old battery and installed a new battery
no waiting and no mucking around
what more could you expect? A very efficient operation that gave five-star customer service.

Store LocationTempe New South Wales

Quick, Reliable, Easy Service

I called up in the morning to Kirrawee Battery World to see whether they could help me place in and had a battery in stock for my Golf GTI. The worker told me to come in any time during the day cause they had the standard and premium battery in stock for my vehicle. The worker at the time was Andy and he was brilliant. I came into the store and he goes you were the person who asked for the Golf GTI battery because he saw my Golf parked outside of the shop window. He worked hard and fast. He was reliable and knew what he was doing no time wasted. I recommend Battery World at Kirrawee and Andy thank you for his incredible customer service.

Store LocationKirrawee
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Don’t buy at battery world top Ryde

Don’t buy a battery from battery world Top Ryde NSW. I purchased a battery 8 weeks ago and my car struggled to start on four separate occasions and then finally not starting at all. I called them and they sent out ‘road service’ only to tell me the terminals were dirty and a small amount of corrosion has built up, how amazing that they failed to clean the terminals and notice any corrosion whilst installing a $240 battery in the first place! And the having the hide to charge me $80 for coming out and cleaning them for me. I could’ve joined NRMA for the same money for a whole year, what a rip off. I would have thought that would’ve been apart of the original service, after a lot of arguing they refused to refund me the money blaming me for not noticing the problem in the first place. Ok? Well keep the money but I strongly recommend not buying anything from them. Bad customer service. Shame, shame, shame.

Store LocationTop Ryde battery world
Product PurchasedBattery

Great friendly and efficient service

After a number of emails the people at battery world in Phillip South Canberra to get a quote, I went to get a new Battery and found the staff were just so professional, helpful and friendly. I have a White diesel Mazda CX-5. And within 30 minutes I had a new battery fitted by a skilled man named Owen, he couldn't have done a better job. Thanks Guys

Store LocationPhillip ACT South Canberra

Scary place.

I bought a cord to charge my phone. Didn't need it after all so returned it few days later. One bloke was real uppity and making huge deal as he said pack was open and torn. Yes it was, where he'd done it in store for me. I said this was weird I'd go to jaycar next door next time. Then he took pleasure that I was upset by saying oh, you're upset you having a bad day. Moron. Other guy was chill, he refunded me and told other to shut up. BTw, opposition much friendlier and cheaper...

Store Locationhendon, south Australia.
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hey Damo, sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience in store. Would you mind sending a few more details through to brand@batteryworld.com.au, such as the store you visited, when you visited and the name of the team member? I can then pass it on to the team to ensure it is addressed with the team member. Thanks, The Battery World Team.

over priced

(1) used to go through a lot of batteries on my commuter bike's due to sheer use and one time I decided I would pay extra for a good japanese battery for my Kawasaki I asked them for the made in japan one and they said it was made in japan.
after installing the battery I noticed on the box it read "Japanese Battery technology" made in china.
so I was lied to and charged extra for a battery that lasted till just out of warranty just like the other cheap batteries.
(2) they are way way over priced but they rely on the fact your car needs to start so you will pay the extra to have a running car same day

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hey Razzor, sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with the battery you purchased from one of our stores. Would you mind sending further details such a the store you purchased the battery from through to brand@batteryworld.com.au so I can have a look in to this further for you? Thanks, The Battery World Team.

Helpful in many ways

I had two battery issues to resolve. I had a faulty motorcycle battery and ny car battery was detected as being almost dead at my last service. The team attempted to charge my motorcycle battery and it ended up being faulty. I purchased a replacement from them and I installed it with no problem. I then approached them regarding the car battery and a test confirmed it was near the failure stage. I had to get my motorcycle serviced nearby the Batter World store so they offered to take me home and at the same time install a new battery which saved me a taxi fare. Great service from friendly staff at the Hervey Bay store

Store LocationHerevy Bay
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Car Battery.. Rude people, terrible service, don’t buy from Beach St Frankston shop

My elderly parent went to buy a car battery from this company and after waiting for 15mins listening to the staff member behind the counter berate another customer, he then decided to be just as rude and aggressive to my mother.

All she wanted was an understanding of the 2 different batteries they sold.. he was rude and condescending and the people in the workshop found it all very funny.. treat people with respect ... great employees to represent your brand Battery World. You lost this sale.

Store LocationBeach street Frankston 3199

Erina store complaint

Erina Store. Been there to have watch battery replaced for a couple of years. Today was told it would not be done as it was not worthwhile and they did not have the equipment to carry out the replacement. Person in shop said there was not much call or money in watch battery replacements. I left the shop feeling disappointed as they had replaced batteries previously without any question and the replacements
were done well with no problems or warnings that there could be problems. WOllongong store staff were excellent when I lived in that city ...always pleasant and helpful. Disinterested Erina staff person told me to go elsewhere.. Willing to sell batteries for the two watches I took in but without opening the watches how would I have known what to buy. On leaving premises noted flag advertising free fitting for battery purchased....false advertising?? used to be first choice for batteries, not now. The person running the store was not customer service orientated.

Store LocationEriina
Product PurchasedNothing

Slow and expensive for mobile phone battery

I've gotta be honest. The staff here (Northmead) are pleasant and polite. That's why they get two stars. But, the product I bought was substantially more expensive (4 times!) than eBay (mobile phone battery). I went with them because I thought "a bricks and mortar store would have better after sales service". It took ~2 weeks to arrive come into the store. When it did arrive it was faulty. They had to send it back to the distributor for testing....weeks later they followed it up after I came in again (they only called me once, I had to follow it up each time). It sounds like the distributor lost it. Whatever. Turns out the distributor had credited the store back a few days before I dropped in (again) to follow it up.
Way too slow, way too expensive.
I didn't re-order from them, I just got it from eBay, delivered a couple of days later, no problems and so much cheaper.

Store LocationNorthmead
Warranty Claim MadeYes

shop elsewhere if you are after warranty

battery should be covered on 24 month warranty, took it to Castle hill store. they will telling you any excuse to saying the battery is not covered by manufacture warranty, and asking you to purchase a new battery. if you are after warranty and shop elsewhere.

Store Locationcastle hill
Product PurchasedYamaha YST-SW1500

Faulty Battery?

Got a New Battery for my Phone Two weeks ago. Will not charge now. Took It back to the Erina Store, NSW a couple of days ago. He said he will put it on charge and phone me back. I am still waiting for his phone call? He also tried to Blame the Phone, When it is only about 18 months Old!

Product PurchasedMobile Phone Battery
Hey Lucy, sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with the Erina store. Would you mind sending an email through to brand@batteryworld.com.au outlining what has happened, including a few contact details so we can get this sorted out for you? We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, The Battery World Team.

A good range

I have been using Battery World at Top Ryde now for a number of years. I regularly purchase UPS batteries as well as the occasional car battery and you just c an't beat the good quality of the products they have and their knowledge

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Great to hear Hugh! Thank you for taking the time to leave kind feedback. I will be sure to pass this one on to the team at Ryde for you. Thanks, The Battery World Team.

Amazing service!

We recieved above and beyond service from Nigel at the Noosaville Branch. Our car battery died on a public holiday and, although the store was shut, Nigel delivered and installed a new battery for us with the addition of taking back our old and previously stored batteries. On top of this, he waived the delivery fee and came back after he finished work to bring us the battery warranty. He was knowledgeable and very professional. Thanks Nigel!

Excellent Customer Service

We called Dave at 10pm Friday night and he helped us get on the road until we could go in the folllowing day. I can not recommend them highly enough! Thank you Dave...you are a great example for a great company!!