Bauhn (Aldi) AX42FD2 (42")

See the Best Full HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Annoyed

Only had TV for one week and NO sound. Working fine the night before next day turn it on and nothing NO sound at all. Checked all connection. Not happy at all. Apart from no sound the TV isn't to bad for the money. I suppose you pay for what you get. Nothings meant to last these days.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Long lasting value for money - It is german quality

Very good value for money and certainly lasted. We had our Bauhn 42" for more than 5 years. It was almost half the price of similar size, screen density televisions at the time. However it has not skipped a beat for all of those years. It was particularly good at playing back almost any video/audio file we threw at it through the USB input. Also the tuner seemed to be as good as any of the name brand televisions using our sketchy aerial setup. We have only just replaced it with a Bauhn 65" and we're retiring it to a bedroom. I hope the new Bauhn lasts as long.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Rubbish!

sound terrible, have to have sound really loud also, cannot get it to stream netflix, tried for ages, my advice would be to spend a bit more and buy a decent brand, the picture is ok but that's probably because my last tv (which is now in my bedroom) was only 32inch.

Bad buy

Very tinny sound, disappointed. Not happy at all. Gave my old Samsung away to my friend, I may have to ask her for it back, and return this one to Aldi, where I bought it. I find the sound actually hurts my ears when I try to increase the volume.

Don't buy this

Shocking sound. Really tinny. No amount of adjusting made much difference. It's cheap for a reason. Stay away from this tv and buy a decent product.
The picture quality is ok. Some of the features are good. We bought a sound bar because my stupid friend changed the legs and couldn't return it !!
NOT recommended.

beware; you get what you pay for

I respect everyone's reviews here. I just want to mention that I installed one for my sister on the weekend and found it had a dead pixel when I turned it on. Usually these are picked up if tested before leaving a factory. I can't stand watching anything with a glowing spot on the screen. One dead pixel is all it takes to ruin the experience.

Not bad - good value

I got this unit more than a year ago. After purchased, straight from the box the remote receiver (inside TV) was defective and the unit was posted back to be repaired via courier (paid by Aldi / Bauhn)- They said that they only encountered 2 units have this problems in Australia, so I was the one of the "lucky" buyers. However the service was great, I got TV back in 2 weeks and it works fine since. The color is not as vivid as my other (older) plasma but no complain from me it is worth the money spent on it. It has been very good since that time.

Sound

You need to turn surround on to get proper sound.Makes a very big differenceGenerally the Tv tuning needs to be tailored to your liking as factory settings are ordinary

Its great!

well worth our money I want to go out and buy another two, Only I can't find them... It has everything we need

Brilliant tv cant fault it

It's actually a 200Hz
Looks good, nice size,picture quality excellent

Only fault sound not a good quality it seem to be projected to the back of the tv
Good value for money
The sound seem to be turning up the vol a lot

The sound is distorted due ti speaker design. My speakers replaced under warranty but still awfulYou think can plug TV into external speakers thru headphone jack (if it has one), like speakers for PC, or surround sound system for better sound? I'm thinking of buying one of these TVs.Help!! I have wd external hd and want to connect to my baund 42in tv, any suggestions, ive tried going to media but cannot go further???? anyone, someone??? thanks

Good

Good value for a LED TV. Comparable to leading tv brands as far as picture quality and usb reproducing/recording programs/movies facility.
Great PQ. Very Good for watching sports. USB facility. Good black levels. Sharp image. Good colours. Cheap to run. Good sound level. 2 year onsite warranty.
Takes over 10s to turn it on. Have to wait for image (few seconds)when changing channels. No surround/dolby sound. Relatively unknown brand.

this tv is fantastic value for money $999 in comparison to other brands that want to charge $1800 for the same thing . don,t be fooled about all that rubbish about contrast levels, the big boys only use that to sell there tvs, ive even noticed that they dont mention contrast levels on there sale tags any . so much for that myth. two year in house warranty is very comforting . overall just a great package . so if they come out next time be quick . and dont let anyone tell you there just a cheap aldi tv . there the ones that fell for all that contrast crap .
fantastic clear 100hz picture full hd . 1920x1080p
a lot of people missed out on one

Hi, I was in hurry and bought a TV before I know about this great bargain. The TV which I bought is "Brand New Toshiba Regza 42" LED FULL HD TV 42XL700A". I had it for $900 only from an individual within gumtree.com.au Please let me know if I had to buy this Bauhn TV or I did well in buying the Toshiba TV. thanks a lot. The Bauhn 47 " flat screen TV I bought has no sound in its TV Channels. What's wrong with it?Cant agree more. Great value

The Television was working fine but after shifting to another position the picture will no longer come on. I have tried switching on from the side and using the remote to start but cannot get any picture or sound or anything. Any ideas what might have gone wrong ? TV is several years old now

Can i get audio out on my baun tv?

My tv makes a squealing noise and then no picture. Any ideas, has it died or should I be getting it repaired?
I don't specifically know the answer to that issue Lorraine, however I understand that this model was recalled or removed from sale. I suggest you contact Aldi right away to see what they can do.

CategoryFull HD TVs